Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:36:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info exempt from the usual 'Dont store at exchange' warnings?  (Read 392 times)
spark (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:50:53 PM

From my limited understanding they can go under and you still have your encrypted backup of a wallet you can import anywhere....
Browser side encryption so they can't access the wallet.
So it would seem not to be subject to the usual cautions correct? Or what am I missing?

BlindMixerDR

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:02:00 PM

If you are expert good enough to store blockchain wallet backup safely, then you are expert good enough to store bitcoin-qt/multibit/electrum wallet safely.

blockchain is good for being able to access bitcoins from many devices, but for large amounts or long storage time, it is best to do everything on your computer.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:52:48 AM

From my limited understanding they can go under and you still have your encrypted backup of a wallet you can import anywhere....
Browser side encryption so they can't access the wallet.
So it would seem not to be subject to the usual cautions correct? Or what am I missing?

Make sure you have a good recent backup of the wallet.  Make sure you aren't using an altered version of the website.

Those two things done, and as far as I can tell you are as safe with blockchain.info/wallet as you are with Electrum or MultiBit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: