Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:33:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR mining not matching calculated return  (Read 650 times)
K1lo (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:34:26 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2016, 10:25:44 PM by K1lo

Hi guys, I've put my mining hash rate in to a couple of calculators for XMR (https://whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-cryptonight, https://dwarfpool.com/xmr/calc, https://minergate.com/calculator/cryptonote etc) and it doesn't add up with what I am seeing.

I am running machines 24/7 using cpuminer-opt from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0 on Windows. Obtaining ~ 760-1020H/s

Even taking the low hashing figure from each machine, this would equate to 760H/s.

When I put that in to the calculators above, they suggest I should be earning ~0.1705 XMR per day (at the current difficulty). I use moneropool and calculated how much XMR I earn by looking at the times between payouts.

I've calculated that in the last few weeks I've earned on average a fairly consistent 0.0941 XMR a day. I realise with the recent interest there was a difficulty spike, but even with that I feel something doesn't add up here, even with the 1.9% pool fee.

Anyone any ideas?  Huh Huh

Developer, tinkerer, miner, coin holder, hopelessly amateurish trader
Mugatu

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:38:21 PM

try a different pool?

also, what is your hash rate showing at the pool?
K1lo (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:40:46 PM

try a different pool?

I might do after the next payout. The hash rate at the pool is weird. Some of the time it shows 0 H/s but then it shows 800H/s and sometimes spikes up to 2.1KH/s ..  Huh

Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:52:08 PM

try a different pool?

I might do after the next payout. The hash rate at the pool is weird. Some of the time it shows 0 H/s but then it shows 800H/s and sometimes spikes up to 2.1KH/s ..  Huh

That's because the hashrate is calculated and depends of the shares. I don't know why so many people are going to Minergate, it looks a dummy pool to me Roll Eyes. Go on Dwarfpool, it is far more reliable. That's where I used to mine when difficulty was 30xxx... not so long ago.
K1lo (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:54:06 PM

try a different pool?

I might do after the next payout. The hash rate at the pool is weird. Some of the time it shows 0 H/s but then it shows 800H/s and sometimes spikes up to 2.1KH/s ..  Huh

That's because the hashrate is calculated and depends of the shares. I don't know why so many people are going to Minergate, it looks a dummy pool to me Roll Eyes. Go on Dwarfpool, it is far more reliable. That's where I used to mine when difficulty was 30xxx... not so long ago.

I'm not using Minergate, I'm using moneropool.com ?

Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:05:01 PM

try a different pool?

Oh ok sorry so. Try to switch to Dwarfpool and PM me when you'll have done so if problem is still not resolved.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:41:42 PM

it is better to use wolf's miner to your XMR address rather than mining to a pool since ur into it 24X7 .
K1lo (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:24:11 PM

try a different pool?

Oh ok sorry so. Try to switch to Dwarfpool and PM me when you'll have done so if problem is still not resolved.

Only been mining on dwarf for a couple of hours and already seeing a marked improvement in earnings. Thanks for the tip!

Goms

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:20:13 AM

So it was the mining pool afterall!! Cheesy
 moneropool is a gonna Cheesy
EvKiller

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:24:23 PM

when calculating hashrate....

do we go off what our computer (minig programs ) say

or by what the pool clocks us at?

ex:   my cpu/gpu combined rate is @ 1850hs     

sometimes the pool clocks me at 2100hs  sometimes 1500hs... sometimes 1200hs    etc

thanks for any help
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 05:40:46 PM

Hi guys, I've put my mining hash rate in to a couple of calculators for XMR (https://whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-cryptonight, https://dwarfpool.com/xmr/calc, https://minergate.com/calculator/cryptonote etc) and it doesn't add up with what I am seeing.

I am running machines 24/7 using cpuminer-opt from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0 on Windows. Obtaining ~ 760-1020H/s

Even taking the low hashing figure from each machine, this would equate to 760H/s.

When I put that in to the calculators above, they suggest I should be earning ~0.1705 XMR per day (at the current difficulty). I use moneropool and calculated how much XMR I earn by looking at the times between payouts.

I've calculated that in the last few weeks I've earned on average a fairly consistent 0.0941 XMR a day. I realise with the recent interest there was a difficulty spike, but even with that I feel something doesn't add up here, even with the 1.9% pool fee.

Anyone any ideas?  Huh Huh

Numbers what you see in those Calculators is just a rough estimate. You have to stay with a pool for a few months to see you real average income .
if your pool having really bad luck (or efficiency ) ,   your estimated earning can be 30-50% less than your projected profit. If the pool hit a good luck or high efficiency , your projected profit going to be much higher than your projected income Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: