Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:28:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eloipool & TRC  (Read 1023 times)
Wolf0 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002

It was only the wind.

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:51:35 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 03:25:20 AM by Wolf0

NaN.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 11:32:31 PM

I think I have seen this question a bunch of times over the last few days... Cheesy

Here is a list of the "Magic numbers" for some of the newer alt-coins.

If I remember correctly, with Eloipool, one needs to looks for instances of the "magic number" in a few of the modules. You will need to double check the block reward code also.

I do not remember off the top of my head if TRC is BIP32 (Block template) compliant, I believe it may be. I do know PPC and FRC are not. I do not know if  Balthazar has patched the GBT of NVC, but he has been quite busy with frequent updates.

You may need to specially import the getmempool or getwork modules in the config file to bypass the GBT module that Eloinpool runs by default.

Code:
Terracoin	Main - \x42\xBA\xBE\x56			Test - \x41\xba\xbe\x56

PPCoin Main - \xE6\xE8\xE9\xE5 Test - \xCB\xF2\xC0\xEF

Freicoin Main - \x2C\xFE\x7D\x6D Test - \x5E\xD6\x7c\xF3

Novacoin Main - \xe4\xe8\xe9\xe5 Test - \xcd\xf2\xc0\xef
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:52:57 PM

It won't work because eloipool has some of bitcoin-specific network rules hardcoded.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 12:03:59 AM

You need to place an import statement at the start of your config.py file.

Code:
### Settings relating to server identity
import jsonrpc_getwork
# Name of the server
ServerName = 'Private Eloipool'

To force the use of mempool:

import jsonrpc_getmemorypool

To force the use of getwork:

import jsonrpc_getwork

It won't work because eloipool has some of bitcoin-specific network rules hardcoded.

Very well could be, I remember spending hours looking at and altering eloipool's code, and I think I did get it to work with TRC. With TRC it might be possible because it is so close to Bitcoin.

I eventually concluded that although it would be nice to start the pools based on Eloipool, the Alt-coins just do not have the hash rate that needs stratum. Hat's off to coinotron however, for getting stratum to work with some of the alt-coins     Smiley

For now I am just working with pushpools' code to get my new pools up and running.

Wolf0, you need to consider the amount of time and effort needed to modify Eloipools' code vs. the real benefit when it comes to the hash rate of alt-coins.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 02:55:22 AM

The good old workhorse Pushpool still works with every coin and there are scrypt forks in git hub for the scrypt based coins. With the introduction of the blocknotify option in the coin daemons , there is no need to mess around with clunky block monitors to trip a long poll. In fact you will not even need the "magic numbers" at all.

You can get the official versions from the links in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8707.0;topicseen

Grab the Latest release: http://yyz.us/bitcoin/pushpool-0.5.1.tar.gz and NOT the git hub version.
I have found the git hub version has some LP compatibility issues with modern mining software.The long poll will trip in pushpool itself and it will flush the LP, but for some reason none of the miners see the long poll Huh

The 0.5.1.tar.gz version works just fine.

Pushpool does have a few dependencies and its configure script can be stubborn about having all of them installed, even some of the more optional ones. The only file that can be a bit of a pain to find is the sql database template file. I just grab the one from the sql folder in https://github.com/simplecoin/simplecoin

There is a nice setup guide here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10321.0

If you have any questions about pushpool, feel free to post them. I will answer you the best I can. I can almost set it up in my sleep now that I have been experimenting quite a bit with it lately.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: