Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:14:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.Info Problems Recovering Funds (Noob)  (Read 827 times)
ezroller84 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:33:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

I recently made a purchase of my first bitcoin to start saving / learning to trade.  Whilst it was not a fortune, it was a lot to me. 

I had previously opened my bitcoin account (held by Blockchain.info) a few times, but on the most recent occasion it no longer recognizes my password.  As I had kept my 12-word passphrase safe, I decided to recover the funds and start again but I'm having a nightmare...

I have made contact with the moderators there and described the issue which is quite bizarre.  They initially told me to  "try clearing all your browser data, including cache & cookies? Please also try logging in via an Incognito window (Chrome) and let us know if that helps with the problem."  Which I have done to no avail.

This is the issue:
When I attempt to recover my funds using 12 word passphrase it does not permit me to enter more than 3 words. The "continue" box greys out after 3rd word. If I click "continue" after 3 words it prompts me to fill in email and a new password, when I click continue again, nothing happened other than a pink box up in right hand corner with random characters.

I have given them screenshots of the process but have heard nothing back from them as yet (I can post it here if someone wants to see).  It has been over 7 days.

Please note: I have tried on multiple computers and the same thing happens...

Has anyone heard of an issue like this or is this sounding like an expensive lesson?

Thanks.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:26:57 PM

From what you told us I assume that you know both your identifier and your password. But your password stopped working for some reason, correct?

Have you tries accessing your account from different device/different browser?

Have your tried to recover your password before using passphrase?

Try to use passphrase recovery on different device. Maybe it is a local issue with your machine.

Also this thread might be a help for you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=816364.0
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8248

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:45:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

I recently made a purchase of my first bitcoin to start saving / learning to trade.  Whilst it was not a fortune, it was a lot to me. 

I had previously opened my bitcoin account (held by Blockchain.info) a few times, but on the most recent occasion it no longer recognizes my password.  As I had kept my 12-word passphrase safe, I decided to recover the funds and start again but I'm having a nightmare...

I have made contact with the moderators there and described the issue which is quite bizarre.  They initially told me to  "try clearing all your browser data, including cache & cookies? Please also try logging in via an Incognito window (Chrome) and let us know if that helps with the problem."  Which I have done to no avail.

This is the issue:
When I attempt to recover my funds using 12 word passphrase it does not permit me to enter more than 3 words. The "continue" box greys out after 3rd word. If I click "continue" after 3 words it prompts me to fill in email and a new password, when I click continue again, nothing happened other than a pink box up in right hand corner with random characters.

I have given them screenshots of the process but have heard nothing back from them as yet (I can post it here if someone wants to see).  It has been over 7 days.

Has anyone heard of an issue like this or is this sounding like an expensive lesson?

Thanks.

Are you using this link?    https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/recover
The continue box will be grey until you finish typing all twelve words.  The last word is a checksum that verifies the previous eleven words. 
Once you click continue, it takes a while to open the account. 

Are you sure you copied down all the words correctly?  Maybe a spelling error?

Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:20:26 PM

Hello Everyone,

This is the issue:

Thanks.

If you have tried on multiple computers then it has something to do with your password. Maybe someone has hacked your password. I would not be surprised considering the amount of accounts hacked from blockchain.info .

Now when trying to restore with it's seed what is the specific error it gives to you ? Unfortunately if the case is that your account has been hacked , even restoring it with it's seed it will show an empty wallet as maybe the hacker have claimed all your coins.

Now if you remember a single address from your blockchain.info wallet put it here for example like this  1NixWhDRB2T4Y8hJAo38XNMSDfURzfZK5P and we can check if your wallet has been hacked or not  by putting that address in blockchain.info website.

Maybe I don't reply anymore to this topic but this is the first step to identifying the problem which you might have.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █