Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:24:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how can BFL still be advertising on the forum  (Read 5769 times)
spacegoat (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:53:39 AM

I've been investigating Butterfly labs, came to some startling facts.  they have a never ending stream of apologies for said product not being released, and another endless stream of promises that it will be just 2 more weeks.  and its gone on for 6 months now.

and there is absolutely no evidence they have provided that there is any product at all, and the forums are STILL advertising for them!?  I see their little advertisements everywhere.

correct my fact digging if I'm wrong

*josh zerlan is a douche canoe
*the original CEO of BFL was a mail fraudster https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0
*they have taken in over 100 million dollars

*have absolutely no evidence that there is ANYTHING.
*reeks of scam

if they are a huge scam then it will take a huge blow to BTC, the pirate scam was $6mil and dented the BTC economy.  this is potentially over $100 mil..

why is nobody putting pressure on butterfly labs?  they are casually being advertised by the FORUM ITSELF> we are all tools for even participating in this forum then.

as far as I am concerned there is no reason to trust BFL for their demonstration of complete incompetence.  so many people stand up for them with false info and sorry hopes that their jalapeno is coming to make them rich.

tools

why hasn't this been taken down from the forum advertisements,

and why has enough pressure not been placed on BFL
to actually provide proof of their progress on ANYTHING?

what a great scam, and its like everybody just wants it to happen and lose their money as the BTC trading value turns to crap.  BFL is probably looking at me like a little fly in its way of raking in money just for speaking out about how fishy they smell.  its obvious to me.  watch BFL's videos and read between the lines, scam.  sorry tools you gotta learn.

the reason I am creating a new post is to ask HOW IS THIS FORUM STILL ADVERTISING FOR BFL WITH MORE THAN ENOUGH SPECULATED EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE DOUCHE CANOES?

yeah baby yeah

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:13:09 AM

#1 - Most excellent use of "douche canoe", one of my favs.

#2 - They, like everyone - else pay to advertise here (look at the auction section/threads)..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:09:38 AM

Ironically, you posted this right after I received my BitForce SC

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:15:44 AM

I'll put money down on them not being a scam.  You game?
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:23:28 PM

Nice to hear that. How is the hashrate and power consumption comparing to the advertised values? Didn't you leave the device at BFL because it kinda isn't finished product to take with you?

I would classify that as a first (possibly?) working prototype instead of first actually delivered BFL ASIC.
[Coins!]

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:38:18 PM

People don't believe you have one in your possession.

Like my post? Consider donating: 1ENPBz6zZa1maehG48PaYzYhPjodN1NkTF
http://oneminuteslow.com/bitcoin/100-20.png
Jokah

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:44:58 PM

I don't like it when people say this but I believe in this instance it is a necessary evil:

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Edit: Damn it! Just realised what day it is and at what time you posted. Touche!
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:34:34 PM

Hear that OP...... That is the sound of SUCK IT...
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:09:53 AM

aren't you the dude that works for BFL.  your opinion DEFINITELY counts here then.  thank you so much for clarifying.  1 count them 1 has been completed and shipped to me, TRUST ME

I'm A BFL EMPLOYEE

yeah baby yeah
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:17:28 AM

I'm just glad I asked for a refund back when the price was at $20 and put my entire refund into BTC Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

Right what I wanted to say!!!

Imagine people that preordered mini rigs for 30k when bitcoin was at 2$. That 30k would be 1590000 $ now!!!!  Shocked
Will they ever make that money now???
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:49:33 PM

Oh, so you received it then?

That's funny, over on the 'BFL shipped' thread you said you only touched it when you flew to Kansas, but left it with them.

...And this happened right after you posted pictures of it in the Kansas lab, letting us believe you took them there in Oz!

Your credibility is completely, irreversibly destroyed, Luke.

I just wonder how many pieces of bitcoin it took for you to sell out the community.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:41:47 PM

Ya the ever-present ad on the top-google search for 'bitcoin calculator' alone must sell BFL a bunch of hastily made preorders, I'd imagine:

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

The claim (that has been there for at least a month) on the pre-order page that "Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. " is pretty irresponsible. It would be more honest if they wrote or more in bold, giant caps Smiley  

ACtually just looking over the bitcoinx site some more.  It totally just appears to be an advertising vehicle for BFL. Does anyone know if I'm correct in this assumption?

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:10:11 AM

this is why the bitcoin community sort of sucks its full of scammers with no checks on their manipulations of people... nobody is held responsible.  if people actually knew those BFL guys like luke they'd probably hassle em for real answers, and they may even get a solid ass whooping if they refused to pose any evidence.

that is the dark side of complete anonymity... 

yeah baby yeah
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:17:51 AM

this is why the bitcoin community sort of sucks its full of scammers with no checks on their manipulations of people... nobody is held responsible.  if people actually knew those BFL guys like luke they'd probably hassle em for real answers, and they may even get a solid ass whooping if they refused to pose any evidence.

Huh?

People know the BFL guys.  Their address is public, and Josh said that anyone is welcome to visit them, just so long as they set up an appointment beforehand.  BFL is far from an anonymous company.  They have given real answers as to the delays.  I don't know what else a person could expect from them, other than more reasonable estimates of time in the future.
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:44:26 AM

I don't know what else a person could expect from them, other than more reasonable estimates of time in the future.

Many people have zero trust in BFL. This company has a history of not delivering on their promises. It's time for them to deliver a product. Nobody except maybe you has any patience left for these clowns.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:06:31 AM

100 million dollars? Huh If this is true it has to be the dumbest company with 100 million dollars funding I have ever known.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 06:14:26 AM

They aren't anonymous, people are just all talk or want someone else to take care of the big bad guys for them.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:07:49 PM

Huh?

People know the BFL guys.  Their address is public, and Josh said that anyone is welcome to visit them, just so long as they set up an appointment beforehand.  BFL is far from an anonymous company.  They have given real answers as to the delays.  I don't know what else a person could expect from them, other than more reasonable estimates of time in the future.

That is good to know. It's only 15 hours from here, I will seriously drive over there and document the trip with photos on this forum this month.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:35:30 PM

Huh?

That is good to know. It's only 15 hours from here, I will seriously drive over there and document the trip with photos on this forum this month.
Sweet!  It wouldn't hurt to get some more pictures and another user account of visiting.  So far, Kano & Luke Jr have been the only ones to visit (that I know of).
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: