Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:51:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin BitPay performance-pcs.com FAIL <---  (Read 608 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JuanPabloCuervo (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:20:02 AM

details in video description:
part1
https://youtu.be/tmR1gdqyZ0c

part2
https://youtu.be/m_FL_KMeMbU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8004

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:15:20 PM

This is the wrong place for your complaint.  It should be in the service discussion section instead. 
 I would like to add that your problems might actually all have started the instant you attached the 309 satoshi fee to that transaction.  Fifteen minutes should have been sufficient if you had attached a more appropriate fee.

JuanPabloCuervo (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:03:23 PM

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/marketplace
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/market

Can You explain Why?
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:12:04 PM

I think it belongs here actually,this way the casion can see it and adress the problem hopefully
P.S Actually I just looked and it's at the marketplace,move the thread to gambling

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:01:01 PM

Sure.

If you manage to broadcast a transaction from your wallet with too small a fee, it might be considered a non-standard transaction and therefore would not be relayed across the network.  This means that the recipient (Bitpay) might not see the transaction on the network until it has been confirmed into a block.  The minimum relay fee (which is not strictly enforced by all nodes as far as I know) is 0.00005430 BTC which is ten times the fee you included with your transaction.  Technically speaking, I don't think that in itself would automatically make your transaction non-standard since it was a relatively high value but I believe that was your issue.  Bitpay never saw your transaction until it was confirmed into the blockchain because it wasn't relayed due to the teeny-weeny fee you managed to attach.  (I may be wrong)

Are you using a Bitcoin-QT version below 0.9?

JuanPabloCuervo (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:21:48 PM

Latest 0.13
I thought 0.13 had an automatic fee calculator...
Estimated confirmation (1) within 25 blocks...

If There are 1000 blocks a day.../24 = 41blocks per hour.

I had (12) confirmations in 1.5hours
(8.) at 1hour.
(1) can't remember.

41 blocks / hour = 21 in 30minutes...
Confirmation even with Full Fee is not possible within the 15 minutes required by the BitPay Time Out.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:59:59 PM

Read this

docplayer.net/5894099-Payment-gateway-api-v1-1-bitpay-inc-https-bitpay-com.html

It shows the various settings the seller might use.

I still think your fee was too low so I don't want to spend much more time on this.  You can ask performance-pcs what setting they use and adjust your fee accordingly in the future.

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:17:36 PM

further reading about BitPay

paid - means the payment was received on the network.

confirmed - The transaction speed preference of an invoice determines when an invoice is confirmed. For the high speed setting, it will be confirmed as soon as full payment is received on the bitcoin network (note, the invoice will go from a status of new to confirmed, bypassing the paid status). For the medium speed setting, the invoice is confirmed after the payment transaction(s) have been confirmed by 1 block on the bitcoin network. For the low speed setting, 6 blocks on the bitcoin network are required. Invoices are considered complete after 6 blocks on the bitcoin network, therefore an invoice will go from a paid status directly to a complete status if the transaction speed is set to low.

based on that information, 15 minutes should be sufficient for the transaction to be relayed to BitPay.  I'm confident that the fault lies directly with your fee selection.

(okay now I'm not going to spend any more time on it)

JuanPabloCuervo (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:23:37 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2016, 01:19:46 AM by JuanPabloCuervo

Interesting, but the main problem was not the Time out only... Or the fee* because transaction was recognized with a timed out window, when I clicked again [Pay Now] with a transaction confirmed by the BitCoin Network.

Transaction was detected & received but Checkout/payment was rejected by BitPay/performance-pcs.com with a confirmed payment because BTC price dropped -0.05usd between the 15-minutes and the confirmation time when I clicked [Pay Now]. Probably more than 1-hour, at 9:00P.M. Maybe 1.5hours later. 9:30P.M.
Money was sent exactly at 8:00P.M.
BitPay window expired in 15minutes, but still works.
https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=3dimGY3ZNi3iPjRSTt1Xn2
i payd exactly what BitPay asked.

Time out freezes BTC price, for 15 minutes, when expires BTC price swings back to "normal."
When BitPay window times out, still works, if website login does not expire, but I cannot abort the money sent.
Feels like a trap.

if the BTC price drops, transaction won't be accepted...
And [ask a refund] button will appear.
"bad luck."

There was no warning: "if web site log-in expires [ask a refund] will be lost."
There was no warning: "transaction must be confirmed in less than 15 minutes or refund must be made", "do you understand? Click Ok...
I cannot reverse the money sent/transfer if Times Out.
This is not WesternUnion.
That's what I mean by time out should be longer. What I mean is BTC price should be freezed longer.
Like real money, *Humans are not robots.

BitPay BTC price is lower than Google BTC, almost -$1usd. Difference.
Why price is lower? If all the profit comes from that difference, freeze should be longer.
If they charge the store a %, freeze time should be longer, there's no excuse.
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
vs.
https://www.google.com.co/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=1%20btc%20usd

In my country currency fluctuations are freezed after 1PM, and unfreezed at 8AM next day...
ending price/freeze value/last value only changes next day.

$Usd. ending value of today is the value of tomorrow, and the value of today was the ending value of yesterday.
Like a Sample & Hold circuit.
Or a very slow AD converter.

Problem was BitCoin never stops moving.
And moves too fast.
Blaming coustomer is not the answer. Banks don't do that when doing a international purchase with a debit or credit card, the value is freezed the moment you click Ok.

Maybe Transaction should have 5% tolerance... Like everything else in life... Resistors, capacitors, inductors, etc...
Electronics fail if component tolerance is too big.
But rejecting because -$0.05usd.?
The other user that say'd this is gambling is right.

Don't know what are the fees between the store and BitPay.
But it should be the same or similar to debit or credit card datafone, not blaming the buyer for coin fluctuations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: