Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 02:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: {Bakewell} Get an equitable stake in a transparent & growing mining company  (Read 326 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 08:53:54 PM

2012-12-27 12:30   ฿ 1.20253119   5700   0.00021097

1500 * 0.00021097 = BTC0.316455 received on growth and maintenance

Sorry, a little late today, was hard to anticipate earnings and schedule the div due to the diff change, and I had some personal things to attend to this morning.

----

A share is a share, they are all equal, period.

While I may entertain the idea of figuring out a way to control the G&M interest
(board of directors usually steers something like that right) to ease fear of me "51% attacking" the company
(which is ridiculous in bitcoin land, why bother holding votes if I am going to be malicious. Much easier to just turn scammer and do whatever the hell I want. Same results either way.)

&

I could even be persuaded to vote towards a contract change where those shares must vote abstain.
(It was actually me who asked burnside to implement the "abstain" button on the vote, and I came damn close to using it.)

I wanted to set a precedent. I will not handicap a share.
(.... Unless you want to make the 30k G&M class A and the remainder class B non vote. I mean ... if we are going to handicap, why not go that way?)

While at the moment we have an excess of ipo shares and the dividends on G&M shares are contracted to the growth fund so they appear to just be a lazy way to split divs, I anticipate those shares becoming extremely important to BAKEWELL down the road. The distribution is as it is and a share is a share.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: