Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 02:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: {Bakewell} Get an equitable stake in a transparent & growing mining company  (Read 357 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:49:20 PM

hi Ian bakewell

Do you have any clues about how much Mh/s will be generated per share?

Hard to estimate at this point. Will need to see how much CAN$ ends up in my bank account, and what I can put together for it.
(bitcoin itself is so easy, but getting in and out is a painful and expensive process - we need more development here community)

I think the best way to go would be buying mid range gaming systems with crossfired 7970's
(could go tri-crossfire, gain density and appeal to gamers who would otherwise go with a 690, but then the mobo/powersupply/etc price increase)

The 7970's are to act as a stopgap while we wait for asic to actually hit the market. While we lose mhash/$ going with gaming rigs, I think we will gain in ease of resale and retention of equity.
(as opposed to building raw rigs with as many 7970's as we can stuff on a rig... basically losing money on the base gear and taking forever selling individual cards off, but getting good initial divvies)

Would love to know what my shareholders think
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: