Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:34:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: New IPO [GLBSE] [Bakewell] - Finally, a transparent investment that will grow!  (Read 387 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:20:28 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2012, 03:38:03 PM by ianbakewell

• Buy equipment as shares are sold. This is not always ideal, as you have to purchase a little at a time over a long time. But it does produce coins that can be paid as dividends. COGNITIVE, BTC-MINING, and NASTY do exactly this... by buying FPGA singles from BFL with the intent on taking advantage of BFL's ASIC exchange program. You said that you would use GPUs to mine. Why not start with that?

I think a good middle ground would be to wait until 300 or so BTC have been raised, then put up a vote.
Current shareholders could choose to wait, or to purchase 7970s.
- Going back to my fear of the exchange rate, it actually kinda seems like a better idea to quickly grab assets that have a more or less static usd value

• Take the proceeds from current sale of shares and invest it in something like NYAN.A or Starfish to get dividends that you can then re-pay to your investors. Once all shares are sold, cash out and buy the equipment. The downside to this is that you would have to clearly explain this process in the GLBSE asset and/or make a motion to invest current funds in this way.

While I absolutely trust usagi (insurance fund with them and I admire how they handled the YARR situation) and Patrick is a well known member of the community,
 I will absolutely not be placing any of my investors money with them. Or into any other investment outside of my offering. To do so would be a great disservice to my investors.

Yes, many places are offering huge % returns for "safe" investments, but really I feel with the majority of those financial offerings... its all just some paper bullshit shuffled around.
While I may trust the issuer, I may not trust the assets they choose to hold & I do not want to wait for a withdrawal should they hit a liquidity crunch. The risk is just to great.

- I do not mean to come off as a dick, I truly appreciate bouncing ideas back and forth
I want to build something solid and real here while keeping my investors safe and giving competitive returns. Just trying to be as open and honest as I can Smiley

https://glbse.com/asset/view/BAKEWELL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: