Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:33:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XZC] - ZCOIN - [Zero-Knowledge Cryptographic - Untraceable Anonymity ]  (Read 20883 times)
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 04:49:04 PM by adaseb

Can you compile and post a binary? I am getting some dependency errors.

Or help me compile properly. I am getting the CANNOT FIND -lpthreadsGC2 when the pthreadsGC2.dll is in MinGW/bin/
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 05:10:50 PM

Or help me compile properly. I am getting the CANNOT FIND -lpthreadsGC2 when the pthreadsGC2.dll is in MinGW/bin/

The last time I did anything @ windows was when Windows 7 came out Smiley

I can tell you anyhting or compile anything under Linux but I'm sorry, I can't help for Windows.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:29:41 PM

I can tell you anyhting or compile anything under Linux but I'm sorry, I can't help for Windows.

Yeah it compiled in Ubuntu no problem just trying to get it for Windows.

Also when you were writing this algorithm, is it really Lyra2 or something else? It looked like some pyminer.py was doing the mining and the algorithm was more along the lines of SHA256 than Lyra2.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 09:55:21 PM

Also when you were writing this algorithm, is it really Lyra2 or something else? It looked like some pyminer.py was doing the mining and the algorithm was more along the lines of SHA256 than Lyra2.

Hmm I've tried to get a VM running to compile the miner but hey.. It's freakin' harder to get the build environment going under windows than getting a stratum pool going for zcash Smiley

This algo is pure Lyra2 with some crazy values.. Yes I used python for testing and then switched over to C(++) as testing scripts are written in a snap in python.

Whereas Vertcoin uses some special "light" version of Lyra2(RE) it was a chained algo (like X11) were Lyra2 was one of the algos in the chain with quite light values, so it wasn't so hard to mine.

Here, I'm not sure if the devs really know what they were doing, they dropped all the chained algos and cranked the Lyra2 "hardness" waaayy beyond maximum and that makes the algo so slow. As they are also using the block height as a difficulty factor in the algo, it gets harder with every new mined block. At some point blockchain height will reach a value where it will be too hard to mine and the chain will stall - it will probably be forked before that happens.

adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 11:02:10 PM

Hmm I've tried to get a VM running to compile the miner but hey.. It's freakin' harder to get the build environment going under windows than getting a stratum pool going for zcash Smiley

This algo is pure Lyra2 with some crazy values.. Yes I used python for testing and then switched over to C(++) as testing scripts are written in a snap in python.

Whereas Vertcoin uses some special "light" version of Lyra2(RE) it was a chained algo (like X11) were Lyra2 was one of the algos in the chain with quite light values, so it wasn't so hard to mine.

Here, I'm not sure if the devs really know what they were doing, they dropped all the chained algos and cranked the Lyra2 "hardness" waaayy beyond maximum and that makes the algo so slow. As they are also using the block height as a difficulty factor in the algo, it gets harder with every new mined block. At some point blockchain height will reach a value where it will be too hard to mine and the chain will stall - it will probably be forked before that happens.

When you are testing in Python, do you copy over the exact code to C or do you have to modify it a bit?

Because I always wondered how people test all those C algos for CPUs or CL kernels for GPUs since they would have to compile the entire program just to debug.

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 12:19:33 AM

Somebody sent me a compiled version of the Miner:

https://github.com/ocminer/cpuminer-xzc/releases

However - Please Virusscan the Miner, I cannot guarantee for the file !

@adaseb:
The good thing about python is, it can use c modules, so yes, I simply copy over the code 1:1 and modify input and output ... Thats about it.
Then you use an input string like "deadcafebabedeadcafebabedeadbeefbeef" and let it run through your hashing function in python which spits something out
like 00abcdef012309aaabbbcc313921aaaaabbbb33232323 - this is the hash which you then compare with your stratum module and if both hashes match - you're basically done and got a new algo ready. (this was a veeery shortened version of whats actually going on.. Sometimes it takes 2-3 days until that stuff is good.. with A LOT trial and error Smiley)

methylminer

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 01:05:47 AM

Virus Total 9/55

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e99e5f9a0b1584f9ddc30b6e649a9abfd7293957ec054b816571c7a22d522f8b/analysis/1475712845/
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 09:20:22 AM

Yes, but those results seem to be the BitcoinMiner Results.. i'm not 100% sure but they look "ok" to me.

Can anyone tell if he's mining with the Miner on windows ? all good ?

octavarium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 09:26:45 AM

Stratum connection failed:
szachta

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 09:55:36 AM

Yes, but those results seem to be the BitcoinMiner Results.. i'm not 100% sure but they look "ok" to me.

Me was minning on the miner all is good.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:55:16 AM

I updated the original post with more info. If you have anything you want me to add then PM me or post here.
methylminer

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 03:29:23 PM

I figured it was good when the original cpuminer got like 48/55 haha. I used it last night and this morning I only had 2 XZC pending in my account.

Could just be the diff growth though.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:49:00 PM

I figured it was good when the original cpuminer got like 48/55 haha. I used it last night and this morning I only had 2 XZC pending in my account.

Could just be the diff growth though.

what pool
methylminer

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 03:58:13 PM

Suprnova
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:22:00 PM

really do solo mining?cpu i7 3630qm I get 0.03 kH/s on the miner for the pool.I think it is very little for 4 hours 0.7 XZC or is this normal?
szachta

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:27:25 PM

Maybe waiting for the gpu miner.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:49:37 PM

Probably won't be available until some decent exchange lists this coin and it develops a modest market cap. Too much coding for now.
PapanyMiner

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:55:12 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 06:47:48 PM by PapanyMiner

Probably won't be available until some decent exchange lists this coin and it develops a modest market cap. Too much coding for now.

mining rate of 1kh/s is normal? and what a day it is the coin?
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:22:32 PM

how many of my shares is one share in the pool?
I find the shares and the pool shows zero
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 07:26:08 PM

how many of my shares is one share in the pool?

1 share from the miner = 256 shares in the pool, but the important factor is your overall difficulty, not shares.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: