Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.13.1 Released  (Read 13150 times)
Steed

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:09:11 PM

Small question not worth to start a new thread:

System: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Wallet: Bitcoin Core 13.1

I have a backup of my wallet.dat file. Where do I move it if I want to restore it?

On internet I found that it should be moved to ˜\Library\Application Support\Bitcoin\
But I guess that is outdated information, because that folder does not exist on my computer, neither with hidden files shown.
You put it in the data directory. If you changed it (i.e. chose a different folder with the initial startup dialog which asked you if you wanted to), then you put it in the folder that you specified. Otherwise, it should go in the default data directory which is the path you mentioned.

Also, I wonder, can I use this same file to restore a wallet on a windows PC?
Yes.

Thanks! Indeed I specified a different folder, found it!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
habibruis

Activity: 328
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:48:17 AM

What is the benefit of bitcoin core?
wiffwaff

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 10:00:48 AM

Bitcoin Core will signal support for and recognise SegWit enabled blocks, amongst other additions. Depending on your stance in the max block size issue, you might like to consider using one of the other many bitcoin clients such as https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/ which supports bigger maximum block sizes as a solution to the full blocks we currently are experiencing.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 12:30:48 PM

Bitcoin Core will signal support for and recognise SegWit enabled blocks, amongst other additions. Depending on your stance in the max block size issue, you might like to consider using one of the other many bitcoin clients such as https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/ which supports bigger maximum block sizes as a solution to the full blocks we currently are experiencing.
What client you run has zero effect on what becomes the new standard which is determined by a majority of miners only. You're free to use whatever client you want though, it's like publicly showing your support for a political party but not having the right to vote...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 02:15:19 PM

Both, Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited, are full nodes. Fulle nodes have advantages in terms of privacy (no address information is leaked) and security (more difficult to feed false data than SPV clients). If you dont run your full node in pruned mode you can also help others sync their node. If you accept inbound connections you provide information to SPV clients.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:08:35 PM

What client you run has zero effect on what becomes the new standard which is determined by a majority of miners only. You're free to use whatever client you want though, it's like publicly showing your support for a political party but not having the right to vote...

i remember that merchants have an impact as well maybe not directly but they will influence miners decision, if for example the majority go with a specific side, either way at some point miners will be forced to do a decision...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: