Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:27:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus R9 390x... what are the best settings?  (Read 1042 times)
megacrypto (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:41:58 PM

I just got an Asus R9 390x and been running genoil miner to mine ETC at an average 25mh/s without any configs ... its been running for a day and some now with this constant rate.

I also tried wolf's xmr miner to mine Monero and got around 500 h/s...

so, I was wondering what would be the best setup for the card. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and fglrx drivers with amd SDK 3.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN                                         ● MEDIUMANN THREAD
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:50:15 PM

I personally use sgminer-gm at 1040/1500 and get about 30Mh. you should be able to do the same if not better.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1612329.0
megacrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:17:12 PM

I personally use sgminer-gm at 1040/1500 and get about 30Mh. you should be able to do the same if not better.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1612329.0

thank you for your help, but i will have to ask you (and excuse me i've been trying to figure this out)... this is the base conf file with sgminer-gm:

Code:
{
    "pools": [{
        "url": "stratum+tcp://stratumpool.address:port",
        "user": "ethaddress",
        "pass": "x"
    }, {
        "url": "http://getwork.pool:port",
        "user": "worker",
        "pass": "pass"
    }],
    "profiles": [{
        "gpu-powertune": "0",
        "worksize": "192",
        "name": "eth",
        "algorithm": "ethash",
        "gpu-threads": "1",
        "xintensity": "1024"
    }],
    "no-extranonce": "true",
    "default-profile": "eth",
    "api-allow": "W:10.0.0.0/8",
    "temp-target": "72",
    "auto-gpu": true,
    "gpu-fan": "45-85",
    "api-port": 4028,
    "temp-cutoff": "82",
    "api-listen": true,
    "auto-fan": true,
    "temp-overheat": "80"
}

I'm not very sure what all these settings are, and what exactly you mean by 1040/1500 ?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN                                         ● MEDIUMANN THREAD
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:23:07 PM

In the "url": "stratum+tcp://stratumpool.address:port" put your ethereum pool address:port, and in user put your ethereum address. to start the miner click "sgminer_win64.exe".

1040Mhz on the core, 1500Mhz on the memory.
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:23:44 PM

First find a way to undervolt somewhere to 0.95-1.0 area.

For xmr memclock 1500, for dagger 1250. Core as high as it goes with undervolting.

You will end up hashing dagger at 30 +- 3MH/s and xmr at 850 +- 50H/s.

megacrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:39:27 PM

In the "url": "stratum+tcp://stratumpool.address:port" put your ethereum pool address:port, and in user put your ethereum address. to start the miner click "sgminer_win64.exe".

1040Mhz on the core, 1500Mhz on the memory.

the pools part of the config files i got ... its the other parts that i'm still trying to figure our, but your input is very much appreciated ... thank you

megacrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:40:24 PM

First find a way to undervolt somewhere to 0.95-1.0 area.

For xmr memclock 1500, for dagger 1250. Core as high as it goes with undervolting.

You will end up hashing dagger at 30 +- 3MH/s and xmr at 850 +- 50H/s.

now undervolting is something that i still have to figure out also, but after i figure out how to setup the config files Smiley)