Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-09-30] Would a Deutsche Bank Collapse Impact Bitcoin Prices?  (Read 939 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:25:56 PM

Would a Deutsche Bank Collapse Impact Bitcoin Prices?

Germany's largest and most financially leveraged bank continues to see its stock price languish as other firms distance themselves from the beleaguered financial institution.
Indications that the bank may pay billions of dollars to the US government in order to settle charges related to mortgage lending practices have sent markets reeling amidst an environment already on the edge.

http://www.coindesk.com/deutsche-bank-collapse-bitcoin-prices/
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 11:59:16 PM

We can always hope that this time the whole house of cards Ponzi scheme of debt based currency goes down the toilet.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:15:01 AM

Bitcoin was born during the 2008 crisis, following Lehman's collapse.
Maybe it needs a Deutsche Bank collapse to launch it into the stratosphere.  Wink
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:19:50 AM

Be careful what you wish for IMO. But it's inevitable at some point, but maybe there will be a different kind of magic bailout... this time from our old buddies at the IMF. I have this feeling that "privatise-everything" is going to manifest itself bankster style on a per sovereign debt basis. The banks could be the sole proprietor of all public spaces in some country, you know, to compensate them for that unpayable debt the public owed them. I'm not sure if I'm quite joking or what.

Vires in numeris
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 01:40:29 PM

I'm not sure if I'm quite joking or what.
I feel the same.  It is inevitable.  It will cause a lot of pain to a lot of people.  Could be while I am alive.  Could be after that but affect my child, grandchildren, etc.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:50:24 PM

i don't wish for a financial collapse so a few of my bitcoins are worth more. and i don't think bitcoin is big enough for any spike to be anything other than the same old people speculating again.

if bitcoin is to save us all it would be great to have a smooth transition but the world never seems to work that way.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:50:38 PM

It is proven that any relevant economic event has been able to impact the bitcoin behavior ever, including Fed's interest rate decisions or Brexits, so I don't think this relatively minor problem can impact the bitcoin price.
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:43:49 AM

i don't wish for a financial collapse so a few of my bitcoins are worth more. and i don't think bitcoin is big enough for any spike to be anything other than the same old people speculating again.

if bitcoin is to save us all it would be great to have a smooth transition but the world never seems to work that way.

I don't think Bitcoin will save us all, but if Deutsche bank collapses think new blood will start buying Bitcoins and start a new rally. Lehman's collapse started a domino effect of bank collapses, and if Deutsche bank collapses people will anticipate the same domino effect and adopt Bitcoin's safe haven.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 09:18:44 AM

Deutsche bank isn't collapsing just recently, it is already insolvent many times over but derivatives allow it to hide the extent of the existing losses from investors, counter-parties and regulators.

Eventually the depth of the criminality behind the scenes in ALL global mega banks will come to the surface. For now the Central Banks, IMF, regulators, etc let it go uninvestigated because they are too big too fail, too big to jail ... they are extorting the world with threat of financial armageddon to get away with an immense scale of racketeering. Soon ... the rats are turning on each other http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-01/deutsche-bank-charged-italy-market-manipulation-creating-false-accounts
The basis for the legal action are two deals conducted by Deutsche Bank and Nomura which took place at the height of the financial crisis, meant to mask Monte Paschi's financial woes. Prosecutors have been reconstructing how Monte Paschi’s former managers misrepresented the lender’s finances in the years through the two deals signed with Deutsche Bank in 2008 and Nomura in 2009.  The investigation revealed Monte Paschi arranged the transactions to hide billions in losses that led to false accounting between 2008 and 2012, according to a prosecutors’ statement released Jan. 14, when they completed the investigation.

They hide billions in losses on the derivatives book for just one Italian bank (with purported deep mafia links) ... and Deutsche Bank total derivative book has ~$45 trillion, who knows how many crimes are hidden in there?

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:13:12 AM

If Deutsche bank really goes down, then it will most likely be a trigger for other banks to go down as well. Which eventually might result in another severe financial crisis. People will either jump in Gold or Bitcoin. Or perhaps even both, where I think Gold will be more preferred by traditional investors and non Bitcoiners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: