Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:52:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: US Gov't Phasing out the PENNY and NICKEL in 2013  (Read 383 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 09:24:53 PM

Since I am considering doing my next 5 BTC coin in .999 fine silver instead of a nickel-plated car wash token, I've been thinking that I'd like to issue a tongue-in-cheek press release of how I'm "forced" to use a more expensive metal for my 5BTC coin due to "plummeting" commodity costs when priced in Bitcoin.

Such a thing might contain the following:

"When I first introduced the 5-BTC physical bitcoin, it made a lot of sense, because it had a face value of something like fifteen bucks, and the premium on the coin was sensible relative to its face value.  Now that Bitcoins have appreciated so much in value, it seems ridiculous to have what's essentially an arcade token not much bigger than a quarter, made of common base metals, bearing a face value that makes it worth well over $60 US dollars."

+1
I have a few of the BTC10 1oz rounds & I would love to add a couple BTC5 1/2oz rounds if they were available
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: