Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can see correct total BTC for each wallet - but can't see individual addresses  (Read 496 times)
brancao (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:20:30 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2016, 06:31:44 AM by brancao

Hi -

I am using Armory 0.94 on two computers (online/watching, and offline). I have a few wallets, and each wallet contains some addresses - and each address contains some coins, received a few months ago.

On the online machine, Armory shows the correct available BTC balance total summarizing ALL the wallets - in the lower-right corner of the main screen.

And Armory also shows the correct available BTC balance available for EACH separate wallet (as a whole) - in the list on the upper-right of the main screen.

However, when I double-click on an individual wallet, it does NOT show the INDIVIDUAL ADDRESSES (and their individual balances) in that wallet.

Instead, my online Armory is only showing one very OLD individual "test" address for each wallet - which received a tiny transaction about a year ago. It does not show the more RECENT individual addresses in the wallet (and their balances), which received transactions a few months ago.

By the way: These are not "restored" wallets - they are simply the original "watching-only" wallets, imported from the offline machine.

In other parts of the Armory UI on the online machine, each TRANSACTION is listed correctly - including the receiving addresses in each individual transaction.

So Armory clearly "knows" that these addresses have been generated for a particular wallet - and it "knows" how many BTC are in these addresses.

So why is my Armory online machine not displaying these addresses and their balances in the Address List in the Wallet Properties window?

ASIDE: I understand there is also a method for generating more look-ahead addresses for a wallet, in Expert Mode. But I don't think I should have to generate any "look-ahead" addresses using this method, because it seems that each "watching-only" wallet should already "know" that it should display those addresses which were generated back when the wallets received funds. Plus it also seems that if I were to generate any more "look-ahead" addresses now, Armory would probably "skip over" the addresses which it remembers having generated a few months ago (ie, the addresses which contain some coins and which it is mysteriously not displaying in Wallet Properties now), so I doubt that generating more "look-ahead" addresses would solve this problem.

Thanks for any help!
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 02:36:16 PM

Log files please.

Try running a rescan. Go to Help > Rescan Databases and then restart Armory.

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:35:29 PM

Have you tried unchecking "Hide Change" in the wallet window?
spect0r

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:36:54 PM

Have you tried unchecking "Hide Change" in the wallet window?

I think I have a similar problem. My wallets sync and check correctly, all transactions show, total balances are ok, but when I open wallet properties I only see a couple addresses which balances don't add up to the wallets' total.

I panicked when I thought I screwed up something with my backup and lost a lot of coins. But it seems they are still there, just hidden somehow.

It's of course 0.94.1, fresh install, doesn't matter if expert mode or not. Restarting doesn't help. I just can't see my change addresses anywhere, except for the Coin Control UI when I want to Send coins. So no more panic.

But it's still an annoyance.
In Wallet Properties there's that tick box "Hide change", but ticking or unticking it does nothing. Is it a known bug or a feature?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: