Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking an Experienced Programmer to Discuss Concept of a New Alt-Coin  (Read 417 times)
QBcrusher (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:19:14 AM

Over the last couple days I've been coming up with the idea for a new alt-coin that I think could be successful and very useful. Only problem is I'm more of an idea guy and not much a programmer.

It might require a technology that has not been created yet, so please note it might take a lot of time and man-power to manifest.

If anybody or a group of people might be up to the task, or at least wants to discuss the concept with me, shoot me a PM. Thanks.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:55:04 AM

Over the last couple days I've been coming up with the idea for a new alt-coin that I think could be successful and very useful. Only problem is I'm more of an idea guy and not much a programmer.

It might require a technology that has not been created yet, so please note it might take a lot of time and man-power to manifest.

If anybody or a group of people might be up to the task, or at least wants to discuss the concept with me, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

You know, these kind of threads pop up on a weekly basis. It doesn't help that some are from 1 post Newbie accounts. If you are non technical it would be easier to build out a team if you have extensive social and networking activity in this arena. However this is still an unlikely scenario. Most successful Alts were created, forked or cloned by one, or a team, of lead developers who also have social and marketing savvy.
QBcrusher (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:05:04 AM

You know, these kind of threads pop up on a weekly basis. It doesn't help that some are from 1 post Newbie accounts. If you are non technical it would be easier to build out a team if you have extensive social and networking activity in this arena. However this is still an unlikely scenario. Most successful Alts were created, forked or cloned by one, or a team, of lead developers who also have social and marketing savvy.

It doesn't surprise me they pop often. And I understand being a new account looks sketchy. I didn't know where else to go so I decided to try here. If you are genuinely curious, you can always search this username on Google and you will find me all over the place.

But anyway, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, or even asking for money. I'm asking for a little bit of an experienced programmer/entrepreneur's time to discuss a concept with me, and figure out if it's worth pursuing. I have some tech experience (I run a couple websites and do some basic coding) but not the skills required to do what I am trying to do. 

Always remember though, a million dollar idea can sometimes come from the most unlikely of people. 99/100 times it's probably garbage but if you dismiss them without listening you could pass up the gem.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:18:37 PM

It doesn't surprise me they pop often. And I understand being a new account looks sketchy. I didn't know where else to go so I decided to try here. If you are genuinely curious, you can always search this username on Google and you will find me all over the place.

But anyway, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, or even asking for money. I'm asking for a little bit of an experienced programmer/entrepreneur's time to discuss a concept with me, and figure out if it's worth pursuing. I have some tech experience (I run a couple websites and do some basic coding) but not the skills required to do what I am trying to do.  

Always remember though, a million dollar idea can sometimes come from the most unlikely of people. 99/100 times it's probably garbage but if you dismiss them without listening you could pass up the gem.

Your best bet is to find a coin that has been recently taken over by a good dev(s) - depending on the focus of the coin and devs they might be interested in adding your idea to their code. Something like Hobo and Tranz - you can but try!

If your idea is a scorcher - you could even approach long-term stable devs like with Boolberry or Feathercoin - depending on how their coin aligns with your idea. Remember. In crypto, ideas are the easy part - execution is difficult and key.
QBcrusher (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:21:37 PM

Your best bet is to find a coin that has been recently taken over by a good dev(s) - depending on the focus of the coin and devs they might be interested in adding your idea to their code. Something like Hobo and Tranz - you can but try!

I appreciate the advice, but it's a little more complicated than that. It would require completely new code and would have to start from scratch. Thanks though.
ArcCsch

Activity: 224
Merit: 117

▲ Portable backup power source for mining.

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 04:38:12 PM

I am it the same situation as OP with my Lumpcoin thread, perhaps describing your idea may help attract interest (this did not work for me, nobody seems to care and the only two replies are a dumb joke and a source code request).

If you don't have sole and complete control over the private keys, you don't have any bitcoin!  Signature campaigns are OK, zero tolorance for spam!
1JGYXhfhPrkiHcpYkiuCoKpdycPhGCuswa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: