Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After Bitcoin  (Read 1144 times)
milsou (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 08:30:29 PM

Hey guys

What you think about other crypto currencies ?
Who will be the next great name ? I see lot of programs with new coins... but don't have an opinion. I try to know where investing.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:40:16 PM

For now better to stick to BTC because it's the most reliable and secure and yet the most volatile crypto currency.

For reference you can check market coin cap to see which coin has the most volume after BTC that would be ETH.

🖤😏
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:45:16 PM

monero is a better version of bitcoin but btc first mover advantage is way to massive to be overcome for the time being .....

at the moment people outside the darknet dont really care about privacy and traceability but i think they will care more in future
so the anon based coins like XMR ,SDC and NAV will certaintly gather some marketshare bigger than  they have now
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:51:53 PM

What about lisk?
I think lisk will has a big movement soon.
It needs just a bit of time to develop the first bapps then will be big adopted by the mass.
Regards
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:52:02 PM

Before the attacks on ethereum I was thought that ethereum will be the next crypto currency after bitcoin but now it is considered as a weaker altcoin and now I think monero has the potential to defeat all other altcoins.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:59:11 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 02:38:02 PM by pedrog

Anonymous coins seem to have lot of traction, also take a look at some projects like StorJ and Siacoin, MAIDSAFE, Synereo.

There are really cool projects out there with lots of potential, if you want to make money you need to invest in new things, bitcoin ain't gonna 10x its value anytime soon...

Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 09:32:03 PM

I think Ethereum and Yocoin have good potential, but personally i prefer to focus with Bitcoin right now as the price is still rising smoothly since a while.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 09:56:15 PM

I think Ethereum and Yocoin have good potential, but personally i prefer to focus with Bitcoin right now as the price is still rising smoothly since a while.

cannotsay anything about ethereum but about yocoin I will say yes it has a good future and with the good support of the developers we are seeing that this coin is getting a good place in the market and will come out as a best altcoin sooner.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:16:17 PM

Hey guys

Who will be the next great name ? I see lot of programs with new coins... but don't have an opinion. I try to know where investing.
I personally don't think there is going to be any cryptocurrency that will end up being bigger than Bitcoin to be honest, so far we're looking at Ethereum and Monero being the only legitimate contenders and both have failed in achieving that goal. ETH broke itself with the network hack and then the divide in Ethereum into ETH and ETC, and Monero got pumped by the darknet and subsequently dumped.

There is no contest for crypto-market control right now. Bitcoin has control, and we have to wait and look for another crypto to break out and become the next big thing, because the current ones sure won't do it.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 10:20:47 PM

Hey guys

Actually there are lots of good and promising cryptos coming and already exists like Monero,ETH,Antshares,ICONOMI,Decent to name few.Most of them have potential to become good crypto and if their devs continue to work in the right direction,there is no surprise they become as popular as bitcoin is right now
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:29:39 PM

Hey guys

i dont use other coin except bitcoin lots of alternative are showing nowadays and they not living that long where they dying after a month or years or not getting too popular try to visit markets and you will know what to invest.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:57:27 PM

Hey guys

I personally don't think there is going to be any cryptocurrency that will end up being bigger than Bitcoin to be honest, so far we're looking at Ethereum and Monero being the only legitimate contenders and both have failed in achieving that goal. ETH broke itself with the network hack and then the divide in Ethereum into ETH and ETC, and Monero got pumped by the darknet and subsequently dumped.

I think that the fact that ethereum and monero are/were seen as potential contenders for the crypto stardom, is that both of them address a shortcoming of bitcoin.  Ethereum addresses the limitation in bitcoin's potential to do smart contracts ; and monero addresses the lack of privacy of bitcoin.  Whether exactly these two coins will make it, I don't know, but what is for sure, is that they both address two serious shortcomings of bitcoin itself.  My idea is that sooner or later, these issues will become so important that another system solving them will become dominant.  In my idea, the shortcoming of privacy is more important than the idea of smart contract ; I would even say that smart contracts need even more privacy than a simple currency, and that a "monero" version of ethereum is actually needed.  I think that hawk is such a project.

That said, we are getting carried away here, because we are talking as if crypto was really used a lot.  It is not.  Only a very tiny fraction of bitcoin's market cap comes from actual usage as a currency.  For altcoins it is probably even less.  Of ethereum, I don't really know of any real usage that is not itself related to anything gambling, speculating, or betting like.   Monero recently got some usage on dark markets, but that must be a tiny fraction of the monero market cap.

As all properties of the behaviour of cryptocurrencies only matter for people using them for real, we shouldn't really be surprised that - given the fact that they are not used much - these properties do not matter much.
quicksilv3r

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

http://INVESTNCRYPTO.COM

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 12:09:05 AM

ethereum mine/invest now, its so easy to do with a home pc, unlike bitcoin ucant anymore.

►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ #1 trusted Free bitcoin faucets ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Earn free bitcoin Via Moonbit. $/£/€◄
►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ Learn and Earn! #Cryptocurrency ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Learn and Earn! Cryptocurrency $/£/€◄
blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:59:01 AM

In an alternate reality, PACCOIN is at the top of the Coin Market Cap list, whilst Bitcoin languishes at the very bottom...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631934.msg16416128#msg16416128
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:29:23 AM

Before the attacks on ethereum I was thought that ethereum will be the next crypto currency after bitcoin but now it is considered as a weaker altcoin and now I think monero has the potential to defeat all other altcoins.
But before or after the ethereum is got attacked I'm always interesting for using ethereum than bitcoin cause the structure system of ethereum is really make me more comfortable such as considering the differences of the transactions using bitcoin and ethereum, and using ethereum just taking a few time is more fast comparing with btc, the third place is filled by the monero coin.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:58:24 AM

After bitcoin there will be botcoin ?  Grin
legdunes

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:37:24 AM

If there is an after Bitcoin it will be crypto decreasing in importance and take up, every other coin or attempt at a coin is no more than a joke (except LTC).
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:51:00 AM

Synereo AMP

CAN'T STAMP THE AMP!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
septiumwolf

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:41:21 AM

It depends on what you really consider.

As for the price, I think ETH is the next dealbreaker after bitcoin. If you consider the future and perhaps good-continous development, maybe see yocoin
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:02:08 AM

There are many other altcoins out there that offer various things, one I am watching is COVAL which is working on a rewards system and has some potential, also WBB.

These two have caught my eye, all you have to do is look through the altcoin announcement area and you will literally hundreds of coins some just the same as the others but there are some hidden gems in there, but there will be other coins outside of bitcoin that will do equally well.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: