Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto bump for bitcointalk - Open source  (Read 462 times)
buxlover (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:30:36 AM

A simple Autobot to bump your inactive threads once in 24 hours on BitcoinTalk.

https://github.com/buxlover/autobump

If you join the community to develop this app give pull request on github.

You can also post here with your requirement if you have any feature in this app.
For Issues/Bugs, goto my GitHub repo page and submit them.

Well, lastly, you go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1634526 if you want any new task to be automated/developed!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16605

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 09:08:57 AM

I found your other thread ("free coding") first, and this is close to what I need.
First: I know nothing about php, and I'm running Linux on my home computer.

I don't want to auto-bump, I want to post a certain text from the command line at a moment I choose.

Something like this:
./postonbitcointalk file.txt topicURL

Ideally, it should output the URL pointing at the new post, including the post number.

It would be even better if it's also possible to edit (replace?) an existing post by a new file.txt

I need this for my giveaway-topic. I edit the Opening Post 5 times per week, and I post new replies 10 times per week.
I'm already scraping the thread for new replies, which already saves me some time.

I post it in this topic, and not in your "free coding"-topic, as it's closely related to your bump bot. Is it not too much work to alter the bump bot for my needs?

buxlover (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:58:48 AM

Ideally, it should output the URL pointing at the new post, including the post number.

So you want to edit the opening post and add new replies to your thread through command line. If so that's possible

And one more thing i a not able to clearly catch the above quoted line, Explain a bit more
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16605

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 10:23:23 AM

So you want to edit the opening post and add new replies to your thread through command line. If so that's possible
Yep Smiley
I want to add a few lines to the OP (to announce the winner). I can easily keep a local copy of the OP, so I can upload the complete new OP at once. Would it also be possible to change the subject? If someone in the giveaway won, I change the subject (now manually).

And one more thing i a not able to clearly catch the above quoted line, Explain a bit more
After I post a new post in the topic, I edit the OP to show a link to the new post. If this would be automated, I'll need to get the new post's location back after posting to edit into the new OP.

buxlover (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:59:36 AM

Yep Smiley
I want to add a few lines to the OP (to announce the winner). I can easily keep a local copy of the OP, so I can upload the complete new OP at once. Would it also be possible to change the subject? If someone in the giveaway won, I change the subject (now manually).

After I post a new post in the topic, I edit the OP to show a link to the new post. If this would be automated, I'll need to get the new post's location back after posting to edit into the new OP.

Check, I have sent pm
buxlover (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:14:34 PM

Few things i need to know
1. Do you have lamp installed (if not can you install)
2. Which language have used to write scraper
4. Do you want history of what has done on btctalk by the not
5. Do you want to merge scraper with this script
6. Do you want the script in some specific language
Edit 7: can i see what code you are using now to scrap

Waiting for your reply
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: