Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE-ANN: People's Mark - basic income local currency in Finland - launch Oct2016  (Read 6123 times)
aidia

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:30:13 PM

torilla tavataan!

let's meet at the marketplace!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:49:05 PM

Hello rpietila,

Congratulations on your launch.
I have a few questions.

1. You say
Split is used to increase the number of currency units in proportion to the existing balances. This is done if their value abruptly rises, to keep the exchange rate in check while not diluting the ownership of existing owners.

What happens if the value abruptly falls? Does the opposite of a split happen?

2. Can you elaborate on the differences between mka, mkb, mkd?

3. Can you elaborate on the physical certificates?

Thank you.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:20:55 PM

The latest ordeals are, in my understanding, connected to my latest project Kansanmarkka. I am in a linchpin position to push the worldwide monetary revolution happen, because:

And as I've been trying to tell you, you are creating that problem for yourself unnecessarily. You are trying to replace TPTB with yourself. That is not the correct solution. We don't need more idols (Ten Commandments). Read below...

6) I can create money. Well anyone can, demonstrated by Bitcoin etc. The power of money creation is very potent, as it (mostly alone, with the help of inertia in the compartmentalised world system of course) holds the controllers in power, and its proliferation can dethrone and destroy them. I and some of my friends aimed to be in the position to have "unlimited money", which is the second step from having "all the money required" (see (5)).

The difference with "as much as needed" and "unlimited" is in the time preference. "As much as needed" requires the demonstration of a positive expected value to the "investor", so that you can get all the money you need. This capability I have had approx since 2008-2010, after which I have never been in the situation of "needing" money for doing anything that is worth doing.

"Unlimited" allows for giving money away in unlimited quantities without calculation if it will come back. This is what we are about to demonstrate with Kansanmarkka, hardly even allowing people to convert their existing financial resources to it. The situation now is similar to Bitcoin in 2009 - anyone who can get in, will just receive money in unfathomable quantities, no need (or possibility) to pay for it, except by the means of the effort required.

The points (5) and (6) can be expanded to form a 4-phase value creation ladder:

I - Not able to create value, destined to be a tool in the hands of people in (IV)
II - Able to create value, ability to live independently/collectivistically in a voluntaristic world
III - Able to create value to the extent that money is never the bottleneck as you can always exchange value for money as needed
IV - Able to create money
  IVA - Able to threaten, coerce and bribe, (drone-DU-bomb, etc.) all the world to submit to you
  IVB - Able to just let others follow you, and able to enable the leadership position as well for anyone who wishes to pick it up.

Few people at a time are in IVB - but now more than ever before, and we are more dangerous to the powers than ever before, due to the Internet. Something is going to happen, and is happening soon.

Dangerous (again), does not mean violent. IVA is violent, tyrannical, demonic, to its core. IVB is its diametric opposite, hardly willing to engage in self-defence even.

Creating as much money as needed is a lie to yourself. Money can't buy knowledge creation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.0 <--- the OP of the Economic Devastation thread
The Rise of Knowledge
http://unheresy.com/Information%20Is%20Alive.html

It is the knowledge creation which is needed and valuable. Money is a claim on resources, but not a claim on knowledge creation (because it can't be, read my essay linked above).

The power to create unlimited money (even by having people follow) is never a desirable power because it is a power vacuum.

It can never be a truth that money which is created by following leaders is an honest/truthful or nonviolent money system, because it will always be a power vacuum.

The foundation of your plan appears to begin with fundamental logic errors. Sorry. IQ tests lie.

Quote from: AnonyMint's whitepaper
Abstract: This paper posits that prior consensus ordering systems are winner-take-all power vacuums without a stable decentralized equilibrium. Satoshi’s proof-of-work (aka “PoW”)¹ and Bitshares’ Delegated Proof-of-Stake (aka “DPoS”)² are examined in some detail as plausible examples of this theory.

[redacted]

---

Power vacuum in the context of this paper means the system has no viable mechanism to maintain an equilibrium of decentralized control and limit the snowballing effect of a vicious cycle feedback loop where influence (centralized control) in the system due to concentrated wealth and economies-of-scale, increases the concentration of the wealth and economies-of-scale in the system. The value of the resource to be captured far exceeds the unrecoverable portion of the (risk + opportunity + whatever) cost to capture it, the net value (analogous to a “selling price” minus cost) doesn't decrease with a decrease in demand from those who can compete to obtain it, and only the one with the most resources can capture it.

[redacted]
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:14:13 AM

- is currently executing Kansanmarkka, a debt-free basic income currency, designed to oust Euro from Finland (and the world) by voluntary choice by the people. Participation in Kansanmarkka is free, you actually get paid.

Centralised DB

This is a technological and political-economic flaw. A Nash equilibrium immutable protocol should be the law, not humans.

A system mutable by humans is a power vacuum.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:00:24 AM

Where is People's Mark traded or made open for purchase  Roll Eyes

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
apeshift

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:09:07 PM

I'm a long-time forum lurker, and was meaning to post something along these lines months ago. Obviously I never got to that. Feel free to delete or move this wall of text if it seems irrelevant or out of place.

I'm trying to summarize Mr. Pietila's project Kansanmarkka from the perspective of a Finnish citizen. Maybe not your Average Joe, but someone who uses google and reads forums. Please note: I have nothing personally against Mr. Pietila. He doesn't owe me a single dime. I'm not connected to him in any form, and all of this is taken from sources that are or were public (Mr. Pietila has been deleting forum posts). I've got no insider information.

Please also note that I'm not trying to portray him as being "guilty by association". Ie. I'm not accusing him of being a racist, alt-right, pro-Russia, or anything like that. He's skeptical of the government, but I consider that to be a positive.

Quote from: rpietila
2016 the reason for the ongoing plight was, of course, Kansanmarkka. As we wait for planetary liberation from the matrix imposed on us, debt-slavery-monetary-system being its prominent feature, the establishment still was able to thwart this project of debt-free money given freely to everyone. Yes, we closed it down yesterday. I lost my family. But the idea is immortal, and the fact that we could have done it, is a radiant nail in the coffin of the controllers. I would not be surprised if their world is shattered this very year, with all the satanic pedophiles, big and small, currently contemplating whether to shoot themselves through the eyes, or go to the police for full disclosure before their "friends" do.

(Re: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread Wink - February 08, 2017)

This is an unfortunate turn of events on Mr. Pietila's part. However, as most probably realize his descriptions of the events were vastly exaggerated. Was the establishment "able to thwart" his project? Well, the project was not getting anywhere so it would have been pointless. They had maybe 90 participants for a bar event, and perhaps several thousand reading some web articles. What they accomplished was some hot air, some drink vouchers, and a shoddy website.

Mr. Janitskin runs a Finnish web magazine MV Lehti. It's considered by many to be the leading "alt-right" "fake news" publication. They'd run conspiracy theories, attack pieces, racist rants but also fairly normal news-like content. The more controversial content got Mr. Janitskin to trouble with Finnish authorities as he was sued or investigated for several crimes including defamation of character and hate speech. On this forum Mr. Pietila had repeatedly mentioned 12-13 year sentence that he said the procecution was demanding for Mr. Janitskin, but that's actually just a technicality required for the extradition process. Finnish police apparently had to inform the other country (Spain) on the maximum sentences in order to get the process going.

For contrast, 12 years is the Finnish "life sentence" for murder. There's a case where a repeat slanderer got 4 years or something, but he had spent at least double that time defaming dozens of individuals.

Because of the aforementioned Mr. Janitskin has a lot of notoriety in Finland. He's a quite well-known figure. Mr. Janitskin is seen as pro-Russia among the mainstream press and their audiences. If this assesment is fair or not I'm not sure as I've not studied Mr. Janitskin's views, but Finland has a troubled past with our huge neighbour so this kind of "accusation" tends to raise eyebrows. Mr. Janitskin has certainly been able to sell his "martyrdom" of "having to flee the country" to his supporters, but in the eyes of mainstream audience he may seem like a guy who says whatever he wishes, and runs away when he's confronted.

Mr. Pietila, on the other hand, is nowhere near as "famous" as Mr. Janitskin. There are several articles on him or that mention him, but his "fame" mostly comes from a bizarre TV documentary about silver business and superfoods. Even this is something that most Finns would not know about. His projects are discussed on some web forums, but that's it.

I don't know what happened, but I suspect these two met, possibly bonded on their anti-government views, might've felt they were in similar situation, and decided to promote Kansanmarkka via MV lehti.

Other early public endorsers of Kansanmarkka include Marco de Wit, the spokesman of the vehemently racist Suomi Ensin ("Finland First") group (or at least one of the branches/variants as these people don't seem to get along).

According to some publicly available comments Mr. Pietila would've been financially supporting Mr. Janistkin, and bought him a car. According to other commenters Mr. Pietila would've attended Finland First demonstrations. The first claim seems to be correct since Mr. Janitskin has publicly thanked Mr. Pietila, but the latter I can't verify. According to Mr. Pietila he's supported "numerous anti-government/anti-nato/anti-deep state groups since 2004 with sums of up to 7-figures". I sincerely hope that this does not include Finland First - this group basically looks like a bunch of inbred racist hillbilly drunkards who've known to get wasted in their demonstrations, and who've said to attack passers-by at random. Even other anti-immigration commenters say that Finland First makes them look like total jackasses.

Given the extremely negative public image that this publication, this group, and these figures it was not the greatest play when trying to launch something that is meant to affect the entire nation. That goal was probably quite impossible, but the first page Google hits for Kansanmarkka were about these connections. Kansanmarkka became a pet project of some alt-right activists. While their political ideas have recently gained some traction, probably more than 80% of people are either loudly against them, or utterly indifferent.

I don't think that Mr. Pietila necessarily shares the views of these other parties, but he became a pawn in their political games.

I also see other major problems with the Kansanmarkka project.

1) It was not explained very well, if at all. How does it work on theoretical level? How does it work in practice? Who will accept this currency, and when would that be? Mr. Pietila's original post to this thread is the most comprehensive post on the topic, and as you can see it's not that detailed either. The website was bafflingly vague.

2) Who's behind it? Who backs it up? Apart from the shady and/or controversial alt-right figures, there seems to be a fairly unknown bloke living in Estonia. And even that's not in the official literature, but some forum threads if you dig deep enough.

3) Even people who share some of the same political views as the early proponents saw Kansanmarkka as a scam of some sort. Mr. de Wit is quite well-known as well, but his reputation isn't good even in the "alt-right" circles.

4) The launch event felt like a complete joke. They gave what's basically a drink voucher to some random people so that they can get something from the bar.

5) The site and project was hastily coded on PHP/MySQL and some free templates. There's an amusing thread on a Finnish forum in which they login to the system with completely bogus information, notice that there's a button to create arbitrary amounts of money, and start transferring that to each other becoming billionaires in the process. And this was just days before the project launch.

Sell a silver coin, and people get the inherent value (even if it's scrap silver). Promote a crypto currency, and it's going to be much harder - but you can still explain the mathematical basis on a layman level.

Create a currency that's purely based on speculative future value, tie in an opaque entity that "prints" arbitrary number of these "coins", demand that the stocks of this entity can be bought with this speculative currency, create a convoluted multi-level structure for both the stocks and people involved, and indirectly tie the value of the currency to a literal computer game (as far as I can understand). Explain the background in secret to your chosen group, wax poetic about monetary reform in public, and promote the whole thing via sources that very few people trust or even listen to. Selling this is to a broader audience would be an impossible task. Most people would just write it off as a scam.

A forum user with a nick "LeaveEuro", who attended the launch event, summed this up in Oct 2016 (a rough translation):
"Makes no sense whatsoever. Extremely disorganized, everyone involved has a very questionable reputation, and I don't think that Pietilä nor anyone else involved have any competence to run the technical aspects of the system. As far as I know the 'central bank' has been hacked couple of times already, and participant's names were published because of this. Not even basic stuff like a reasonable level of privacy were taken in account."

In conclusion:
- I don't know if Mr. Pietila is a crypto genius, but he's obviously not a master strategist. You have to see outside of your bubble to achieve any real-world change. Couple of political activists just saw it as an opportunity to make a feeble statement.

- It's not Mr. Pietila's project that's problematic to the establishment. Mr. Janitskin's publication is a much more potent problem, but even that's might not be popular enough to pose real danger to the powers-that-be.

- It's understandable for Mr. Pietila to see many events as a conspiracy. It's easy to see why he doesn't want to stay in Finland. Given his background, projects and proclamations his decision to be a king in virtual world also makes sense - real-world revolution is near impossible to trigger.

- No matter what perspective you take it's hard to see how Kansanmarkka could've succeeded. The implementation was inept, it was secretive in the wrong parts, it was apparently meant to be controlled by one party, and in it was tied to some of the most notorious figures of recent times.

- Saying that I don't understand the genius of this project would be a fair assessment, but then again - neither did anyone else.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: