Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:51:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PiMP Team is proud to announce Miner.farm v2 and PiMP Classic v1.8-amd-15.  (Read 4951 times)
dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 08:20:27 PM

hello Evan

a couple of our users are using that board so i don't see a reason why it would not work with the cpu's on it at this point knowing there is a wide range of cpu's from the ryzen to the mutiple intel setups.

if you are asking when you have a intel cpu and a ati gpu then yes this setup is possible.
when you ask us is it possible to have AMD and NVIDIA gpu's in one rig this how ever is not possible in current builds.

i hope this answers your question
if not please join our irc channel on the freenode #pimp or our discord channel https://discord.gg/mkSPD

with kind regards,

dbct,
Community/Testing/Support Manager
mail: dbct@getpimp.org
irc: dbct

dbct
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:31:57 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 02:50:02 PM by Evan

hello Evan

a couple of our users are using that board so i don't see a reason why it would not work with the cpu's on it at this point knowing there is a wide range of cpu's from the ryzen to the mutiple intel setups.

if you are asking when you have a intel cpu and a ati gpu then yes this setup is possible.
when you ask us is it possible to have AMD and NVIDIA gpu's in one rig this how ever is not possible in current builds.

i hope this answers your question
if not please join our irc channel on the freenode #pimp or our discord channel https://discord.gg/mkSPD

with kind regards,

dbct,
mail: dbct@getpimp.org
irc: dbct

So no builds for ATI and NVIDIA? mixxed rigs are coming - please support it.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
vlasic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:06:12 PM

The very stupid system. With ASUS Prime Z270E and 3 or 4 GTX 1070 and 1kWt gold Corsair power supply and updated version of Pimp does not working with PCI speed Gen2, working only at Gen1, but after first boot you'll see the error message about nvidia-conf problem and that you'll need to start nvidia-xconfig and restart X-server. After execute of nvidia-xconfig you can't to start the system anymore. And so on about 10 times. The live chat no answer nothing, or sometimes that you'l need to read user guide. Support working at the same manner. Thinking
dbct

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:19:22 AM

The very stupid system. With ASUS Prime Z270E and 3 or 4 GTX 1070 and 1kWt gold Corsair power supply and updated version of Pimp does not working with PCI speed Gen2, working only at Gen1, but after first boot you'll see the error message about nvidia-conf problem and that you'll need to start nvidia-xconfig and restart X-server. After execute of nvidia-xconfig you can't to start the system anymore. And so on about 10 times. The live chat no answer nothing, or sometimes that you'l need to read user guide. Support working at the same manner. Thinking

hello vlasic

Sorry i did not have the pleasure to have a chat with you, but thanks for your feedback.
Many have the same or a similar  setup and run without problems so never saw a helpme or any other thing from you.
Also i would like to ask you to come back to the chat although we aren't and can't yet be online every moment of the day we have a great community that helps out.
Was wondering if you could run a pimpup to see if that changes your outcome.

Lets see if  we meaning you and me getting you mining happy away on the crypto highway.

dbct

dbct
visualsb

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:55:19 PM

Am I missing something? Been trying to chat to get more information, but seems dead every time I go in. Will someone be updating material? When going through User guide it seems really different then what I have seen.  I am not good with Linux, but editing seems kind of bad, couldn't it just be done in VI?
dbct

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 08:48:38 PM

Trick or Treat! Come unwrap your delicious new releases! You’ll be making more coins in no time.

Major Support Revamp!

The PiMP Forum has given a new home to crypto fans and miners! We built out a modern, mobile friendly, well-organized and professionally maintained forum for all PiMPs to share ideas and to make it even faster and easier to mine with PiMP and miner.farm! Big thanks to Anjin, Emily, and Dbct for this treasure. We also use Single-Sign-on so you can easily use your getpimp.org account username and password on the forum.

All major bugs fixed:
AMD UEFI and 5+ GPU support, 4G decoding, AMD ETH DAG fix, networking issues on validation. ALL FIXED!

PiMP 2.3 is here! New images. New kernels. New NVIDIA drivers. New AMDGPU drivers. New overclocking tools. All served with the same support and community included with all of our PiMP and Miner.Farm products! And all with the time-tested quality assurance you are accustomed to with PiMP software for all these years.

Simpler versioning: No more rc numbers. 2.3.30 is the build number for these releases.

PiMP OS for AMD Gets a much much needed overhaul: The 2.3 AMD release works for all supported AMD cards.

PiMP 2.0 is now retired: In other words, you can now have a 390 and a RX-470 in your PiMP 2.3-amd rig. You can also have 7xxx and 2xx series cards in the same rig but they may underperform on the amdgpu driver.

TO DOWNLOAD: Go to your https://getpimp.org/home-landing/my-downloads page.

PIMP OS for NVIDIA: nothing major here, just incorporated all of the previous bug fixes, features, optimizations and updates since v2.2.2-nvidia (v2.2-rc2-nvidia)

Crypto Mining and PiMP have had ROCKET growth in 2017:

In 2017 so far, PiMP received several major version releases: 1.9/2.0 were released as a set supporting legacy and modern AMD GPUs (See: Which PiMP is right for you), followed by 2.1 released supporting NVidia. During this time we saw record numbers in growth, as the preferred mining platform to support nvidia users for Linux! In the meantime we had some major growth in NVidia mining needs and we addressed those needs with the 2.2-nvidia release.

During this time, some of our users experienced difficulty with stability due to explosive growth based on our features and performance. In response, we expanded the team with more subject matter experts, redesigned and deployed our infrastructure, and have been experiencing smooth sailing since. 

Alongside this rocket growth, Miner.Farm has seen great improvements in fixes, structure, and setup. Improvements have streamlined the product to be able to handle even the most hardened miners out there. Sign up for a free account with Miner.Farm and capture realtime graphing of your rig’s performance!

Highlighted infrastructure updates:

Miner.farm code has been getting multiple overhauls at each component to provide more network robustness, security, and accuracy.
We’ve upgraded our server fleet to handle the 100+ rig farms we have running simultaneously online.  We are constantly evaluating, testing, and improving the infrastructure.
The download servers have been upgraded and scale with demand to ensure swift download and install.
We are evaluating and working with a number of payment processors such as Coinpayments, Stripe, and Coinbase to improve the sales and subscription processes.

Highlighted new features:

`gputool` has been completely rebuilt, and now will set clocks and fans on both Nvidia and AMD cards. If you were using other scripts or other methods to set fans or clocks, switch to `gputool` for the latest feature support. (For details how to use gputool, Check out our gputool post in forum.getpimp.org’s Overclocking section.)

Are your stats wrong? Are you getting 0mh/s but the miner is running? Does it say screen is terminating without starting the miner? Does the miner not run? Does the miner screen exit? Here is how to fix it in 4 quick steps:

1. Run the command `pimpup` in the terminal and update both the PiMP software, as well as the miner you are running.

2. Does this profile run fine with the defaults? For example, profile 2501 uses ewbfminer and you can restore the default config with: del nvidia.ewbf.zcash.pcfg and then run it with: `pimp --test 1`   (if it is miner id #1 in the `pimp --list`).

3. If `pimp --test 1` does not show you the right information you can go a step further and run without stats and without the screen. This is just for testing: `pimp --debug 1`

4. If you run fine with the default conf then you know it's your conf that is the problem. Double check it with checkconf command.

If you’re having any other problems, come join us in our Discord Channel!https://discord.gg/grCbFsA

You can now add and remove miners on the miner.farm website! To add a miner, the Agent Settings panel now displays the GPUs in the agent host, and allows you to add miners using the profiles on the rig. Miners can be removed from the Miner Settings panel. (See the miner.farm section on the forum for an easy guide.)

Check out more hardware details about your rigs on your miner.farm panel by clicking the Miner Settings button on a rig in your Farm view.

STAY ON TOP OF THE LATEST UPDATES

PiMPUP reminder - stay on top of the latest updates by entering “pimpup” in your terminal screen.

COMMUNITY NEWS:

Chat in real-time with other miner.farm members from around the world and the dev team by joining our Discord Channel!
We are pleased to have created a new PiMP Beta team to increase the quality, stop bugs, and streamline testing and releasing of updates and new images. So far we have had a nice range of miners from relatively new hobby miners, to large garage pimps, to the largest megawatt datacenters running hundreds of PIMP rigs!
blackice has been promoted from Beta to Testing/Support team and has been helping pimps on the forum and the discord with a great attitude. Special thanks to blackice!

FINAL SIGN-OFF

With being one of the first platforms to support Linux users, and the explosion of the Nvidia market this year, we’re excited to see lots of new great miners with great ideas for how to use our tools to optimize your mining experience.  In the future, you can expect to see us feature cool new rig designs and some awesome workshop articles.

Thank you for being a part of the PiMP community. We appreciate each of you and we cheer for your success.

melt
CEO, Portable Instant Mining Platform
mail: info@getpimp.org

------------------------

dbct
dbct

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 09:34:46 PM

hello visualsb

sorry you have had some trouble getting in contact with us although we try to be here 24 hours a day there are still some gaps here and there

thanks for your excellent question and will see if we can make things even easier for all in the future.
for now we do have more and more info vids coming out and moved from a large chunk of user-guide to a great readable forum
also the newpimp command gives you excellent info on how to start

hope this helps you and see you soon in our discord

dbct

Am I missing something? Been trying to chat to get more information, but seems dead every time I go in. Will someone be updating material? When going through User guide it seems really different then what I have seen.  I am not good with Linux, but editing seems kind of bad, couldn't it just be done in VI?

dbct
PiMPnews

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:51:54 PM

Portable Instant Mining Platform

PiMP OS June 2018 updates are here!

getpimp.org | miner.farm

Thanks to DocDrydenn for the great build pics and Rig Showcase post!

Thanks for reading, miners! Enjoy this Coupon Code:

20% OFF PiMP OS

MAKEITHOT

(Expires July 31, 2018)

Buy PiMP OS Now!

Summer is in full swing for most pimps and we are keeping our rigs hot and our wallets piling high with coins. Lots of big changes in the pipeline for pimps including big AMD driver upgrades, major stability fixes, and better tuning ability!

With the drivers, kernels, and miners changing rapidly, we get new improvements with mixed rigs as well as support for more hardware.
Look forward to seeing more features to gputool and pimpup so that we can help keep you making more hash with PiMP and miner.farm!
This month's PiMP update covers what to expect for miner.farm 3 and the PiMP OS 2.7 image, new miners and coins to mine, and the new privacy policy!

Read More »
https://getpimp.org/make-it-hot-with-the-pimp-os-june-update/?member=2
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: