Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining With My Laptop Nowadays  (Read 1168 times)
FLoving (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:02:26 PM

hello everyone!
I want to start mining but currently I do not have much money for to buy any hardware for mining and I only have my Laptop for to start mining. I want to ask that how much will I earn suppose I start mining bitcoin with only my Laptop and what do you think about mining altcoins with my laptop alone. will it be worthy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 07:06:28 PM

Mining with desktop PC - Yes.
Mining with laptop - Hell no!

Earnings are low and you might end up breaking/burning your laptop.

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:07:17 PM

Absolutely no point mining bitcoin with your laptop. You should post in the altcoins section and their may be a coin you can mine but it will shorten the lifespan of your laptop.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:08:07 PM

You will probably KILL your laptop before it can earn more than a few $ worth of ANY altcoin.
You WILL kill your laptop before you earn A PENNY worth of Bitcoin by mining on it.

Laptops are NOT designed to be mining machines.
 The ONLY viable use of a laptop in mining is as a controller for a USB-based miner - and even there you have to be carefull to use a miner that doesn't exceed USB power specs (ones that have an EXTERNAL power supply like the Gridseed "Orb" and "Blade" models, the Antminer U3, the Rockerbox, etc should all be viable).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:09:23 PM

Absolutely no point mining bitcoin with your laptop. You should post in the altcoins section and their may be a coin you can mine but it will shorten the lifespan of your laptop.
Agree with all the above: Your laptop will be killed by it (most common is the CPU fan dying) unless you have a high-end engineering laptop like a ThinkPad or Toughbook that are designed to be ran hard and at full speed 24x7.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 09:13:00 PM

I absolutely not recommend you to mining using a laptop.Even your laptop is super duper high rig,the most problem is lack of cooling system.If you give me the choice,i rather visit faucet site rather than mining using a laptop.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 07:31:23 AM

Please don't do it : you'll shorten the lifetime of your laptop drastically and burn it. Most laptops are only equipped with Intel HD graphics, and those mine terribly, in addition to the poor airflow most laptops have. Laptops aren't built to be at full load constantly, and mining is not something good for them.
Gohs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

send &receive money instantly with no hidden cost

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 07:47:43 AM

Since you now know you can't use your laptop, you can save up for a desktop.

In the meantime, try some arbitrage trading to earn some money.

1. Go to coinmarketcap.com and look for a coin with high trading volume. Trading volume should be greater than $500, 000 for starts.

2. Click on the coin and you will get the names of the markets listing the coin.

3. Buy the coin from an exchange with the lowest price, then sell in the exchange with the highest price.

felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 05:39:12 PM

i've had pretty good experience with low end laptops (lenovo, acer) and cpu mining (i3 something), just make sure your cpu fan stays low and temperature never exceeds 45°C while doing so, as noted by others excessive fan usage/speeds will kill it. i live in a cold environment where such mining is no problem though.
moodcrawler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 08:40:51 PM

you can use your laptop but make sure it's not your main one, maybe an old one like an i3 and u can mine new altcoins, because the  difficulty is low.
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:35:38 AM

I absolutely not recommend you to mining using a laptop.Even your laptop is super duper high rig,the most problem is lack of cooling system.If you give me the choice,i rather visit faucet site rather than mining using a laptop.

Its indeed not smart it its maybe even more stupid to do because it will really destroy your laptop without any doubts.
The fact is that its possible but the laptop will die soon or later..
moodcrawler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 09:51:52 AM

Its indeed not smart it its maybe even more stupid to do because it will really destroy your laptop without any doubts.
The fact is that its possible but the laptop will die soon or later..

yea, true. but I guess that for a newbie, mining with a laptop, even for a few hours, can be fun:)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:58:18 AM

It is not really recommended to mine using laptop, you won't earn enough to cover your electricity and the possibility of you ruin your laptop is big,  so instead of earning money you will lost your money and your laptop will be broken
FLoving (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:52:51 PM

It is not really recommended to mine using laptop, you won't earn enough to cover your electricity and the possibility of you ruin your laptop is big,  so instead of earning money you will lost your money and your laptop will be broken
I will use a solar panel for that purpose and my laptop do not require much electricity.
I heard it for the first time that with mine my laptop will be ruined? Can I know how will it destroy my laptop? I do not think that mining is that much dangerous.

FLoving (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

I am mining on a laptop using minergate but still not recommend this for a long term.
In most case, i believe that the heat would be most problem since laptop is using smaller and compact size of cooling system than desktop, cmiiw.
But it's fun sometimes  Cheesy

Thank You.
I am using my haier laptop and it do not have any heating on its processor due to its good quality processor. I think I will not have the issue of heating to my laptop and I will start it only for short term and after that I will upgrade when I get some money.
kotikadze

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:17:36 AM

mining on laptop? Its very unreasonable, if you mine long time, your device starts heating and quickly breaks down. Profit 10-50$, damage 300-700$

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████