Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:27:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About "Online" Wallets section.  (Read 530 times)
Jhanzo (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:07:02 PM

I think it should be renamed to "Web" Wallets instead.  It's a no-brainer for most people who are used to bitcoins but the new users might get confused by the word "Online".  Even bitcoin core can be considered online wallet.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:45:16 PM

Oh well I'm agree with you mate online wallets section should be rename and I have no heard that there's a term for offline wallets which is the opposite of the online wallet for sure. Because all kinds of bitcoin wallet need to be online so you can only send bitcoin if you have internet. But in the web wallets/online wallet you can't access your wallet if you don't have internet and opposite with the desktop wallets or hardware wallets but all of them required internet to be able to send payment with bitcoin. So I guess there will be wallets named online wallet but rather its web wallet
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 03:36:13 PM

I agree with you too. Online = Everything that connects to the internet.

It would also be good if we can have a separate section for light-weight clients too.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:15:23 PM

I think it should be renamed to "Web" Wallets instead.  It's a no-brainer for most people who are used to bitcoins but the new users might get confused by the word "Online".  Even bitcoin core can be considered online wallet.

1.Topic too lame to put up a discussion (personal preference).

2.In layman's terms,Web == Online & Installation == Offline.(Unless you're a grammer Nazi,you wouldn't bother logically proving it).

3.The word "Online" significantly conveys that their coins or wallets are stored on the web and hence are prone to all sort of vulnerabilities.

4.Again,since you don't have to fire up your browser to access bitcoin-core,calling it a "online wallet" is wrong.
Jhanzo (OP)

Thank satoshi

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:08:39 PM

I think it should be renamed to "Web" Wallets instead.  It's a no-brainer for most people who are used to bitcoins but the new users might get confused by the word "Online".  Even bitcoin core can be considered online wallet.

1.Topic too lame to put up a discussion (personal preference).

2.In layman's terms,Web == Online & Installation == Offline.(Unless you're a grammer Nazi,you wouldn't bother logically proving it).

3.The word "Online" significantly conveys that their coins or wallets are stored on the web and hence are prone to all sort of vulnerabilities.

4.Again,since you don't have to fire up your browser to access bitcoin-core,calling it a "online wallet" is wrong.

1. No comment.
2&3&4. AFAIK the general understanding of the word online is that you're connected to the internet.  But if you disagree then that's fine.  I'm just suggesting.

Also in https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet you see 4 wallets categories and they're Mobile, Desktop, Hardware, and Web wallets.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13090

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:51:21 PM

Agreed, changed.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Jhanzo (OP)

Thank satoshi

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:21:15 PM

Agreed, changed.

Great.  The description is still the same (forgot, maybe?), but I'm sure new users won't be confusing them as desktop wallets after seeing the title.

x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:50:31 PM

Agreed, changed.
As when I've visited to service discussion I'm amazed that the online wallet section was already changed into web wallet. What a fast action from sir theymos that he changed the thread's name as fast as that. This will help to other people to void to confusing what the is web wallet or online wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: