Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🔹🔹🔹 ICO ENDED 22 December 2016 🔹🔹🔹 HackerGold (HKG)  (Read 39296 times)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:10:37 PM

Another ICO looking to make some money/coins  Roll Eyes

I think the project is great, but why on earth do you guys need so much money?

Have to agree with this. Can't see the need for that much money.

what do u guys mean with "so much money" no actual value has been asked for has it? i think the 4M eth cap is for individual investors, not for the ICO itself. The ICO is taking place to fund the development of the Virtual Accelerator platform and possibly to fund other hackathons, i think

Hmm, I might have misunderstood it.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kanoptx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:25:00 PM

Hmm, I might have misunderstood it.

i may have misunderstood it aswell, but i think that the safety cap is for individual investors. Steve will know the answer, i guess Cheesy

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:29:22 PM

I still do not understand the concept behind the project, can someone with better understanding please explain the gap they are trying to fill
Steve_T (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 09:46:25 PM

OK guys, thanks for all the comments. I'll try address all of them.

1. 4 million ETH is more than $40 million at the present valuation

We’re not, and can’t be more clear on that.

We considered the pros and cons for capping the sale of HKG. Our issue with a cap has always been that this will limit the distribution of the token and by limiting participation undermine the ability of the community to identify the best ideas.

So rather than set a cap, we wanted to leave it up to the market to decide what the value of the sale would be. To be honest we were not anticipating a particularly large initial sale.

However, at the same time, there is always the possibility that things can run out of control, so after feedback from the community we subsequently decided to put a safety cap in place. The figure of 4 Million Ether was chosen only from a perspective of protecting the network. It was never intended to be a target or goal, although it appears that a vocal section of the community is taking it like that. We understand and respect why people have come to this conclusion, and again we apologise for the misunderstanding.

Please also consider that Hacker Gold will be on sale for a 9 week period, the last 5 weeks of which will be the hackathon itself. The platform will be there for everyone to see and evaluate. Nobody has to make a choice on the first day.     

2. Another ICO looking to make some money/coins  Roll Eyes. I think the project is great, but why on earth do you guys need so much money?

We appreciate that you think our project is great Smiley and hope the answer above covers your concern.

3. What do u guys mean with "so much money" no actual value has been asked for has it? i think the 4M eth cap is for individual investors, not for the ICO itself. The ICO is taking place to fund the development of the Virtual Accelerator platform and possibly to fund other hackathons, i think

Funds raised from the sale of HKG will go towards the running of the Virtual Accelerator. There will be hackathons (or incubation periods) happening on a continuous basis, with the next event likely in May 2017.

We want to bring the biggest audience possible to the platform, and will be working to market it outside to a wider community. To establish an infrastructure that can work across different verticals, focusing on specific territories with specific needs. We have plans for partnerships, integrations with other platforms and ways in which to provide startups teams with ongoing support once they launch.

We have big ambition for the Virtual Accelerator. The size of the sale will determine what it is that we do and time it takes us to do it.

4. I still do not understand the concept behind the project, can someone with better understanding please explain the gap they are trying to fill

We believe the Virtual Accelerator is something that is sorely needed. A platform that will continually push the whole space forward by allowing great ideas to flourish and tangible products to be created. We currently have almost 1200 hackers signed up to work through some 300 ideas. That’s just the first hackathon. The potential in the community really is awe inspiring.

I hope this covers most questions and I thank you all for your interest in our project.

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:58:34 AM

OK guys, thanks for all the comments. I'll try address all of them.

1. 4 million ETH is more than $40 million at the present valuation

We’re not, and can’t be more clear on that.

We considered the pros and cons for capping the sale of HKG. Our issue with a cap has always been that this will limit the distribution of the token and by limiting participation undermine the ability of the community to identify the best ideas.

So rather than set a cap, we wanted to leave it up to the market to decide what the value of the sale would be. To be honest we were not anticipating a particularly large initial sale.

However, at the same time, there is always the possibility that things can run out of control, so after feedback from the community we subsequently decided to put a safety cap in place. The figure of 4 Million Ether was chosen only from a perspective of protecting the network. It was never intended to be a target or goal, although it appears that a vocal section of the community is taking it like that. We understand and respect why people have come to this conclusion, and again we apologise for the misunderstanding.

Please also consider that Hacker Gold will be on sale for a 9 week period, the last 5 weeks of which will be the hackathon itself. The platform will be there for everyone to see and evaluate. Nobody has to make a choice on the first day.     

2. Another ICO looking to make some money/coins  Roll Eyes. I think the project is great, but why on earth do you guys need so much money?

We appreciate that you think our project is great Smiley and hope the answer above covers your concern.

3. What do u guys mean with "so much money" no actual value has been asked for has it? i think the 4M eth cap is for individual investors, not for the ICO itself. The ICO is taking place to fund the development of the Virtual Accelerator platform and possibly to fund other hackathons, i think

Funds raised from the sale of HKG will go towards the running of the Virtual Accelerator. There will be hackathons (or incubation periods) happening on a continuous basis, with the next event likely in May 2017.

We want to bring the biggest audience possible to the platform, and will be working to market it outside to a wider community. To establish an infrastructure that can work across different verticals, focusing on specific territories with specific needs. We have plans for partnerships, integrations with other platforms and ways in which to provide startups teams with ongoing support once they launch.

We have big ambition for the Virtual Accelerator. The size of the sale will determine what it is that we do and time it takes us to do it.

4. I still do not understand the concept behind the project, can someone with better understanding please explain the gap they are trying to fill

We believe the Virtual Accelerator is something that is sorely needed. A platform that will continually push the whole space forward by allowing great ideas to flourish and tangible products to be created. We currently have almost 1200 hackers signed up to work through some 300 ideas. That’s just the first hackathon. The potential in the community really is awe inspiring.

I hope this covers most questions and I thank you all for your interest in our project.

very interesting
rohitgarnaik

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:12:44 AM

is it same like DAO

Steve_T (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 08:52:26 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 09:18:22 AM by Steve_T

is it same like DAO

No, we're not like the DAO  Huh

The DAO looked to replicate a VC fund on the blockchain. We're using the blockchain to allow for peer to peer funding and disrupt the whole model. A safer model.

We do not collect ether in order to redistribute the wealth. We're building a platform for 'backers' and promising projects to meet and collaborate.
Individuals are able to support the camps they like rather than relying on the crowd to come to consensus. So unlike the DAO you control your tokens and can decide which projects you’d like to back. Projects can be built regardless of whether they receive funds or not.

Also, so long as the HKG contract spits out HKG when I throw btc/eth at it (and doesn't allow anyone to somehow cheat and get more HKG than they paid for) it's done it's job. The security of the ETH collected is not a direct concern.
kanoptx

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:35:50 AM

Guys, check out this article: https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/10/12/ether-camp-launches-virtual-accelerator-hacker-gold-token/

I hope it helps users understand the project without having to read all the info on the website and whitepaper.

Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:21:48 PM

A very interesting project that will monitor developments, subscribed to you on Twitter! Wink
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:22:21 PM

Will you only be able to purchase HKG with ETH?

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:48:46 PM

Will you only be able to purchase HKG with ETH?

Looks like they use ShapeShift so you should be able to use all of their supported coins.

*Runs over to ShapeShift*

Steve_T (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 06:20:36 PM

A very interesting project that will monitor developments, subscribed to you on Twitter! Wink

Thanks!
romanticon

Activity: 123

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:49:46 AM

Hacker Gold - unlock the heaven of innovation
kanoptx

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:46:52 AM

Guys, check out this article: https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/10/12/ether-camp-launches-virtual-accelerator-hacker-gold-token/

I hope it helps users understand the project without having to read all the info on the website and whitepaper.

Nice read, thanks for sharing!  Smiley

No problem! I rly liked this idea and the fact that 100% of the token supply will be distributed spoke to me xD. can't wait to see what comes out of this V.A. I saw some cool ideas on the website already!

Steve_T (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 08:40:02 AM

I saw some cool ideas on the website already!

What were your best/worst, favourites?
kanoptx

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 03:36:45 PM

I saw some cool ideas on the website already!

What were your best/worst, favourites?

Decentralized ISP is my favorite so far, but i havent checked all of them

romanticon

Activity: 123

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 03:48:36 PM

Updated, please check again

https://sale.ether.camp
Steve_T (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 08:35:46 PM

Announcing that we're officially sponsored by Pryor Cashman too.

Auditing the whole process of the Virtual Accelerator, double-checking and keeping us out of trouble Smiley
Steve_T (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 01:52:59 PM

Yahoo News: EtherCamp announces crowdsale for Hacker Gold Token
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ethercamp-announces-crowdsale-hacker-gold-063713235.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw
Steve_T (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 04:38:43 PM

Hacker Gold $HKG on: https://www.ico-list.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: