Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe a Cryptocurrency can help do away with Facebook's dominance  (Read 1131 times)
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:55:02 AM

I am not a big fan of Facebook.  It seemed to empower a type of herd mentality, where the most "popular" person in a crowd of other Facebook-using-people became the loudest voice.  MySpace seemed to lift people based more on merit, and allowed a person to give a type of text statement and/or their artwork or music and people could just give an opinion not caring about their opinion being voted on by the biggest in the herd.   So, I realize FB is a joy for a lot of people, but one thing that would draw people away from it if there was some kind of monetary reward for using a variation of it.  

Are there any currencies like that now?  

Yes, your wish has been granted!

Synereo AMPs!

WWW.SYNEREO.COM

This guy again Grin. Are you part of the Synereo team or just a big fan?
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 02:22:26 PM

Re FB and the likes, it's not the unrighteous among the rich who are to blame, it's the unrighteous popular in any economic rank.  We need to think in terms of who is popular and who isn't when looking on how to change things.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 03:07:37 PM

Steem has the same like system of Facebook.  While I'm not super serious about this, just like throwing out some ideas and talking about it, I can see a system existing more like the old Myspace, which maybe can be for the underdog types that don't like the Egotism of FB. 
I wasn't thinking, also, of doing more things for money, but somehow just interacting with it giving you money, like how much stuff you do, verses people voting on it, giving you more money (Steem).  So, if Grandma wanted to send out to her friends pictures of her grandchildren, no one could vote on if her grandkids or she was cool.   Passive aggression doesn't have to off grannie in my system.

My point was rather, that if in social interactions, there is a suspicion of monetary interest, then the social value of it falls to zero.  If I write posts on a forum to discuss, and to a certain extend, to "give some social weight" to my ideas, then if people would somehow know that I do this for the financial gain it brings me, it would ruin the social value of my contributions.  Confusing social success with "getting money for it" is in my opinion a fundamental mistake.  If people write articles because they want to get paid for it by their readers, then these articles lose their social value ; that is, the writer is then seen as a professional, producing articles to win money, and not because he has something to say.  People will write articles that are studied to please and attract donations, clicks, whatever it is that generates revenue, and not to give out a social posture.    Writing for money already exists: it is called journalism.  The writings by journalists are business ; they are not "social interaction".  From the moment they do it for money, they can't do it "for social interaction".  In the same way a call girl has sex for money, and has nothing to do with amorous feelings.
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 03:21:28 PM

Steem has the same like system of Facebook.  While I'm not super serious about this, just like throwing out some ideas and talking about it, I can see a system existing more like the old Myspace, which maybe can be for the underdog types that don't like the Egotism of FB.  
I wasn't thinking, also, of doing more things for money, but somehow just interacting with it giving you money, like how much stuff you do, verses people voting on it, giving you more money (Steem).  So, if Grandma wanted to send out to her friends pictures of her grandchildren, no one could vote on if her grandkids or she was cool.   Passive aggression doesn't have to off grannie in my system.

My point was rather, that if in social interactions, there is a suspicion of monetary interest, then the social value of it falls to zero.  If I write posts on a forum to discuss, and to a certain extend, to "give some social weight" to my ideas, then if people would somehow know that I do this for the financial gain it brings me, it would ruin the social value of my contributions.  Confusing social success with "getting money for it" is in my opinion a fundamental mistake.  If people write articles because they want to get paid for it by their readers, then these articles lose their social value ; that is, the writer is then seen as a professional, producing articles to win money, and not because he has something to say.  People will write articles that are studied to please and attract donations, clicks, whatever it is that generates revenue, and not to give out a social posture.    Writing for money already exists: it is called journalism.  The writings by journalists are business ; they are not "social interaction".  From the moment they do it for money, they can't do it "for social interaction".  In the same way a call girl has sex for money, and has nothing to do with amorous feelings.

I agree with most of your post.  But writing for supporting oneself is out?  I guess you'll have to do away with all published authors and professional journalists through history.  That's the first point after reading your post.  The rest of points I could make is that I think you're mistaking my intention.  It's simply using the new social network which would create coins....if someone uses it a lot, maybe the people on their network will realize maybe this person needs money and have a charitable view on them.  Most are conditioned to look down on people that need money as some kind of pariah in waiting.  That's how the TV commercials and shows paints things, so that we can escape that misery by buying whatever thing (or opinion) they are selling us.

A lot of times people misunderstand what they are reading because it's a new idea.  I write clearly, I have a BA in English composition.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: