Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Electricty company shut me down for mining.  (Read 5959 times)
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 10:33:57 AM

Well Hate to Break it to you guys. I misread the message that was sent to me by my family.

Apparently this was a voice message left by a Sherriff. Saying that they have Memorandum on residential and if it was not shut down immediately it would be shut down for me. I would find it difficult to believe my family member is lying to me etc.

How can this be? Everyone in the entire thread says I should be cool with no problems. How could this be.   Huh Embarrassed Undecided

Do you still take your pills ?

ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:21:48 PM

call em up yourself, ask very nicely what they think the problem is.  maybe there is confusion.  be honest, dont be confrontational.  for example
-Call sheriff
-hi, i<m mister x from x address, you guys left a message for me, ill be honest, im a little confused, could you guys explain to me what it is that im doing wrong, or did you get a complaint from the power company or what..im just confused here i dont know whats goign on.

my name is not on the power bill so its difficult for me to contact them.
rockyforever

Activity: 429

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 06:26:25 PM

Well Hate to Break it to you guys. I misread the message that was sent to me by my family.

Apparently this was a voice message left by a Sherriff. Saying that they have Memorandum on residential and if it was not shut down immediately it would be shut down for me. I would find it difficult to believe my family member is lying to me etc.

How can this be? Everyone in the entire thread says I should be cool with no problems. How could this be.   Huh Embarrassed Undecided

I think the same thing.

This has gotten to a troll level or he has some serious mental issues.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:32:00 AM

I think the same thing.

This has gotten to a troll level or he has some serious mental issues.

I'm thinking a shady past in this town (or family has the past) or IRS fears  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
SEGMining

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

Prior to starting SEGMining, I was operating at my max potential in my garage in Washington.

I got a call from the PUD, I explained to them what I'm doing and they were fine with it.  They even tried to help me save money.  Something is definitely fishy here.

SEGMINING Miner Co-Location in Vancouver, WA
$75/KW/Month with VPN access to your hardware
http://segmining.com
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 04:27:59 AM

Just pay the bill & you will be ok. You did pay your family right  Roll Eyes
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 05:14:31 AM

call em up yourself, ask very nicely what they think the problem is.  maybe there is confusion.  be honest, dont be confrontational.  for example
-Call sheriff
-hi, i<m mister x from x address, you guys left a message for me, ill be honest, im a little confused, could you guys explain to me what it is that im doing wrong, or did you get a complaint from the power company or what..im just confused here i dont know whats goign on.

my name is not on the power bill so its difficult for me to contact them.

your name is not on the power bill ? Then ask that person who's name on the power bill to make that phone call.
You telling your story here to forum members , ppl want to help you , and when someone suggesting the right things to do , this is all you can say : " my name is not on the power bill so its difficult for me to contact them "

Your name is not on the power bill ? then why you worry to much ? get ur name on that power bill , then you going to have full right to find out whats going on with your unbelievable story... if something going on at all ...

What You Can Do :
-Fist and most important : Put ur name on the power bill Smiley
-File a complaint with the Public Utility Commission consumer assistance line in you state .
-Contact ur State Board of Public Utilities and see what your rights are. If they indicate that your rights are being violated, you may be able to file a complaint.
-Get a Attorney who is familiar with plaintiff's cases , and sue everyone Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:30:51 AM

Strange that electricity company shut down people who use too much power. I don`t get it, maybe you have some bills that you didn`t pay and
they shut you down cause of that?
It doesn`t matter who`s name is on the bill, you can go with that person directly there and ask them where is the problem. And that letter you talk about, did you saw that letter at all or that was voice message did you hear it? Very confused topic, I need to ask you do you have electricity now?

"Apparently this was a voice message left by a Sherriff. Saying that they have Memorandum on residential and if it was not shut down immediately it would be shut down for me. I would find it difficult to believe my family member is lying to me etc."

You need to talk with everyone in your house as I see, maybe electricity company has nothing with this.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:49:18 PM

I work at an industrial facility.  Currently we are using 7846KW or 7,846,000W.  They call us and ask us if there is a problem when we shut the plant down for an extended period of time or if one of our two plants is running like now.  Our normal usage is like 14800KW with both plants running.  They will sell us all we can take at 2 cents a kw which is the commercial rate here.  Bill is only like $400,000 a month.

Is your underground fusion power generator very high maintenance?  Roll Eyes

Which rolls us into our next phase of the Data-center conspiracy.....

If all the YUUUUGGGGEEE Datacenters are all over the place where are they drawing their power from?

In theory there should be GIANT Carrier lines going to these facilities. Like lines as big around as a school bus. Instead what do we see? a Measly transformer outside without many carrier lines going in.

I will not say who it was but someone very very close to me was high up in the industy. Seems like they are all sworn to secrecy. When I started bombarding him with the electricity questions I began interrogating about the underground fusion centers.

Their reaction told all. (pun intended)

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
darety1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:09:09 PM

I don't even knew that spend too much electricity can be a problem. The only way to solve this problem is to generate electricity on your own.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:11:56 AM

If you don't mind me asking what do you pay for electricity?   Just making sure not a locked in rate (flat rate) very rare but some apartment's and such do have them.

I can say personally I live on a farm (like field type).  And have not had a issue as they chalk it up to farming most likely in my case.  Only thing I have noticed is when I got my mining are wired and went up to 12k-15k watt's in mining during points they sent someone out to check meter just to check it was working properly.  They were happy to charge me though after checking it worked fine and not error.

Only thing I ever got was a survey for high usage user's.  Asked to fill out for like 5 dollars off next bill I did not anwser it and there was no bad effect it was optional.  Only problem I ever had was a electrician when I wanted my mining area.  As soon as he saw my miner's the estimate went up about 1k over what I expected... so turned him down. 
samsonn25

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:57:53 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 03:13:18 PM by samsonn25

Electricity willg o up.....

i got  a bill, extra big, because i consumed about 7800kwh daily.

I payed around 50usd per month, , last bill was on 700usd, because they felt that we were consuming to much electricity.

We also got a state consummers "letter" saying that prices will be higher because they will change the cables inside all the city houses/buildings as they are old and from 1960 or earlier.

but the project is for 2 years from now and there is no justification.

here you can see monopoly at it best.

I was paying 0.4 per kwh , now my bill is about 1.2usd per kwh. like wtf, i tried to complain but everyone nows the talk, big companies....

7800 kw a day or 78 kw? or 7.8 kw per day.

200 amp service using 46kw (46,000 watts) per hr x 24 hours is 1.1 Mw a day (1.1 million watts) or 1100 kw per day or 33000 kw or 33 Mw per month. That could run 35 Bitmain s 9. At .10 per kwh is $3300 month.
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:07:59 AM

I am shocked. Where are your rights? Where is your American freedom?

I live in Czech Republic, in the heart of Europe and I can't imagine that anybody except court decision will force me to stop mining. The reason is easy and clear:

1) I pay for electricity transport and current reservation up to my circuit breaker amperage. This is based on my tariff and location.
2) I pay for electricity itself (can be different trading company, electricity itself is 0.037USD/kWh).

Mining is not prohibited here. Electricity distribution is covered by laws and regulated, it is not connected to trading companies. We have special national company owned by state which is responsible for electricity network stability. Distribution companies are part of this system, so they don't care about small consumers with less than 100kW, bigger consumers needs only the ability to remotely on/off high loads by distribution company.

There is no legal basis to stop me using my electricity and amperage reserved for me. It is my electricity and I can do whatever I want to.
BTW: Since germany has huge renewable energy plants, price of electricity is very low here. My country has about 0.074 USD per kWh including all costs while germany has this price only for a tax for renewable energy.
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:45:25 PM

Unbelievable  Grin

Whats unbelievable?

He's running about 5600KWH per month.  His power company wants to move him to the commercial rate schedule to compensate for the extra draw.

Anything else here is FUD.
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:17:50 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2016, 10:34:02 PM by ChineseSavior

Hello folks,

I can assure all of you that them shutting down my power is very real. I will post the emails later. Or will I what good will that do. Trolls will simply tell me I made it up. OR should I post the audiotape from chatting with the supervisor today? Or did I troll that to? And if I post those things and it hurts his feelings (which it would mine if I were him) will he get me in trouble or bother me? Think about it trolls.

In response to the positive folks I would like to say that it does seem like they simply want me to move to the commercial rate. But they only allow this in Jan when they do their application. There is a $450 fee for them to survey. Along with a $190/kw 1 time energizing charge and another small fee. The rate jumps from 2.7 to 3.4

As stated just for all the doubters that if did not shut off HDL use would be shut off today. So basically just wait until jan to submit the application and make the switch.

They also told me there are a lot of people on this transformer drawing a lot of electricity. They said its being very over drawn right now. So they are having to keep an eye out more then usual. They seem peaceful.

I work at an industrial facility.  Currently we are using 7846KW or 7,846,000W.  They call us and ask us if there is a problem when we shut the plant down for an extended period of time or if one of our two plants is running like now.  Our normal usage is like 14800KW with both plants running.  They will sell us all we can take at 2 cents a kw which is the commercial rate here.  Bill is only like $400,000 a month.

Is your underground fusion power generator very high maintenance?  Roll Eyes

Which rolls us into our next phase of the Data-center conspiracy.....

If all the YUUUUGGGGEEE Datacenters are all over the place where are they drawing their power from?

In theory there should be GIANT Carrier lines going to these facilities. Like lines as big around as a school bus. Instead what do we see? a Measly transformer outside without many carrier lines going in.

I will not say who it was but someone very very close to me was high up in the industy. Seems like they are all sworn to secrecy. When I started bombarding him with the electricity questions I began interrogating about the underground fusion centers.

Their reaction told all. (pun intended)

It's actually 3d printed on site and has over a 100 year maintenance-free life span
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:47:59 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2016, 01:43:07 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

My final thoughts on it:
He is in an old/older neighborhood and most likely the distribution grid for it is woefully undersized for Today's loads. Yeah each residence may have been setup with 100-200A service but in no way was it expected for so many folks wanting to actually use something even near what they rightfully should expect to be able to use. The substation (where the transformer(s) is) and local distribution lines/transformers are just not big enough.

All part of the 'deteriorating and aging Power Grid' so often talked about. Bottom for OP is that in true Democrat/Greenie fashion they intend to pay for any upgrades to what should be entirely THE UTILITIES PROBLEM and responsibility to correct by forcing existing 'heavy' users to either 'change their ways' or have go to commercial rates and more to the point - per-kw 'setup' fees in January. God forbid you have an all-electric home with electric oven, range, and heat and live in a cold area...

As to coin mining of any sort/size being a commercial operation, well, yes it is. The IRS says it is and of course expect their cut when you cash in coins for Fiat. The OP's problem is that his Utility is using that Inconvenient Truth as a club to beat all small home miners (or say folks using a small pottery or glass kiln) in their service area into submission.

Much like high-speed internet and the cable companies. "Too many people are abusing it by streaming movies!" "So lets set arbitrary BW caps totally unrelated to what you think you paid for and also throttle BW from known video providers". btw: said video providers have already paid for their access to the 'net and all bandwidth involved. Tough crap that Comcast/Charter/RR whomever sold product  (high-speed internet) they knew from day-1 their service could never provide at advertised speeds  to more than a small fraction of connected customers at once.

Adds a whole new possible meaning to the monthly 'Friendly Energy Usage Comparison' email I get each month from DTE. I use 3-4 x the average of '100 homes around me" and 6x the usage of the 'most efficient home'. Tongue

At least the grid in my area was fully rebuilt several years ago after a very nasty storm took out major parts of the network all the way to the 300kv main transmission lines feeding us. As in 3 large substations around the metro area fed from them literally exploding...  Now substations rebuilt and fully modernized, nice thick shiny new lines from them to us, new poles. local xmfrs,, everything. After power was out from that event for 2 weeks, I got a permanent NG-fueled automatic backup generator for when it happens again. Of course now power is pretty damn stable with the genset kicking in for maybe a total of 3 days since Wink

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
impulse709

Activity: 598
Merit: 147

Next Generation Web3 Casino

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 01:08:47 PM

If he lives where I think he is, there is limited power to the area.  Though there is power, the station is large enough to handle it, the issue is that they are not purchasing that much power so they are not prepared for the usage.  If he transferred his account to a commercial account then he would be fine.  The local station just needs to know what they are dealing with before they realize they do not have the proper equipment they need to make that supply to the people.

F U L L H O U S E            [ K ] K ] K ] A ] A ]            NEXT GENERATION WEB3 CASINO
│  Slots   │   Sports   │   Video Poker   │   Blackjack   │   Live Games   │   Roulette   │
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
samsonn25

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:46:33 PM

They might think you are growing weed
Ign08

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:07:52 PM

Can't you just get a counsultation from a certified lawyer?

I guess noone here went to law school. Wrong crowd to ask such questions.
helen_davis87

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:14:14 PM

Can't you just get a counsultation from a certified lawyer?

I guess noone here went to law school. Wrong crowd to ask such questions.

Now that's a valid point.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: