Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox verification queue  (Read 1622 times)
buddhacoiner (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:34:04 AM

In regards to Mtgox 'verification':

their description of who requires 'verification' is somewhat vague.  definitely req'd for anyone dealing with > $10,000 US

verification requires one to fill out the verification form on the mtgox website and the result is a lengthy cue at the moment

however, they state that for first time depositors (say someone wanting to deposit $500 US....which is less than 10 grand obv) an upload of their ID is simply required.  my question: is this different from actual 'verification'?  that is, could a first time depositor forego the lengthy 'verification' process and simply e-mail the mtgox security department with pictures of their passport in order for a wire transfer deposit to go through?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:45:17 PM

could a first time depositor forego the lengthy 'verification' process and simply e-mail the mtgox security department with pictures of their passport in order for a wire transfer deposit to go through?

Not every account requires verification.

Every account that requires verification must got through the lengthy verification process.

There are various reasons why verification is being required, even when the amount is below the specified daily AML limits:

- https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20919111-AML-Account-Statuses

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █