Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0/offline? what does this mean?  (Read 2115 times)
innervisi0nn (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:06:29 PM

So I had a balance of 2 bitcoins that I took out from a pool.
Sent to my address via hash key.

Balance was 2.06943 whatever the # was.

I sent 2 coins to MT GOX, but the bitcoin.exe client froze/locked up and it was stuck on the send screen where you accept the fees.
I closed bitcoin, re-opened it. I sent my 2 bitcoins to MT GOX and it went through.

Right after the 2nd try, I see two of the same amounts to MT GOX both -2.01 to the same address.

One says 6/comfirmed which is good, other says 0/offline? which I'm hoping it caught the mistake and invalidated it.
However, now the 0/offline is back at 0/uncomfirmed, how do I get rid of that one? I think the system took a crap on me for my mistake.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 10:50:07 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2011, 01:00:05 AM by Stephen Gornick

One says 6/comfirmed which is good, other says 0/offline? which I'm hoping it caught the mistake and invalidated it.
However, now the 0/offline is back at 0/uncomfirmed, how do I get rid of that one? I think the system took a crap on me for my mistake.

It sounds to me like it did a double spend attempt.  The first one spend probably went through eventually, after it was included in a block.  Thus what you are seeing is your second attempt stuck at 0/unconfirmed.  It will never confirm because it has already been spent.

[Upate: I'm not sure how that database wouldn't know that the first transaction had been made.  Perhaps the database rolled back the transaction when it recovered after the crash?]

I don't think there is anything you can do about it other than send any coin balance to a new wallet and toss [Update: "archive" never toss, in case you receive payments to it] the old one.  (though once merge wallet is available that would be an option too: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8091.0 ).

I may be wrong on all this, but from the info you provided this sounds plausible.

You should check block explorer also.  I would bet the unconfirmed spend was not included in any block there either.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:04:15 PM

This might help you:
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=499.0

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
innervisi0nn (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:15:21 PM

Thanks guys, it was a double spend as the application froze =\.

Appreciate it!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: