Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:36:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Answer.Market: Answer questions for Bitcoin!  (Read 1206 times)
answermarket (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 06:26:35 PM

http://answer.market/

Find a question online and send them a link to your answer, trying to convince your customer to buy it.

You can also request answers here: https://voat.co/v/answermarket
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:02:28 PM

I would have liked your business idea but the way you presented it is not interesting, Find a question online why would i do that? trying to convince your customer to buy it.i dont like this part at all.

answermarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 04:06:45 PM

I would have liked your business idea but the way you presented it is not interesting, Find a question online why would i do that? trying to convince your customer to buy it.i dont like this part at all.

Hi Ricku,

Thanks for your reply.

I could probably reword that a bit, but basically I started wanting to make a micro-freelancing site. I realized that the sample/answer setup was the way to go. That in and of itself, might be useful. I'm trying to make a very small, minimum viable product that can be used however you'd want.

Down the road, I may make a better site for people to use it on. But for now, you can post questions on the Voat Subverse: https://voat.co/v/answermarket

There's nothing to force the customer to buy it, so they have to buy it based on your reputation and the quality of your sample. If they want to see the full answer, they have to pay.
answermarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 06:10:22 AM

Only one payment is needed now! No more split service / answer payment.

Also, IPv6 is working Smiley.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1162

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:13:49 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 07:24:31 PM by beerlover

I am sorry to say, both your concept and site design looks very annoying.
Internet provides free availability of anything, just google and find. Finding a questioner and convincing him to buy something.... please stop I am lost in beginning itself.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:14:48 AM

both the concept and the site are very confusing
so you suggest we answer our own questions and then enticing others to buy the answer based on a sample we provide?
or we browse the questions posted by others and provide our own answer to that, without any guarantee to get paid?
there are many free QA like yahoo answers etc.
what makes you think ANYONE would want to become a paid customer,i.e. waste his time to post a question and then wait for an answer god knows for how long,then pay for some snippeted answer he is not even sure correct or not

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
answermarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:17:40 PM

so you suggest we answer our own questions and then enticing others to buy the answer based on a sample we provide?
or we browse the questions posted by others and provide our own answer to that, without any guarantee to get paid?
what makes you think ANYONE would want to become a paid customer,i.e. waste his time to post a question and then wait for an answer god knows for how long,then pay for some snippeted answer he is not even sure correct or not

I'll definitely try to optimize the site. I agree that it can be a bit confusing.

So if someone asks you a question, you can provide the answer with an Answer.Market link and hope that they buy it. Your reputation sending it to them and the quality of your sample will influence whether they buy it or not. I would put yourself in their shoes and consider if it's worthwhile or not.

But since it's just a sample and an "answer", it can really be any task. Photoshopping something, writing a small bit of code, or anything that can be a link or fit into text.

In hindsight, "answer" market may have not been the best name. Maybe task market, or something. But I think it would be most used in individual forums where people want to pay people for things.

I have this on Reddit and Voat:
https://www.reddit.com/r/answermarket
https://voat.co/v/answermarket

Does that make more sense?
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:28:22 PM

Seem to be therotically good but i think it will be hard to find real buyers practically as most of the answers can be found for free in internet as well as even some members may give answer for free below you.
Payment processing handled by coinfee.
Does coinfee is also your platform?

Site seems to be in beta stage so good template is expected when launched fully, i think pastebin like template can help to keep site clean and match what this service is intended to provide.

bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:19:11 PM

Personally? I think that yes, something like task.market (unavailable domain, but that's just an example) would have been more helpful to clearly advertise what answer.market is all about. This also includes making a new slogan, instead of the current "Answer questions for Bitcoin!" one that led me (and others) to think that it was a premium StackExchange type of thing. Smiley

But I also think that this has a lot of potential. The idea is great on most aspects, and it's something I would genuinely use, instead of the uncreative and mostly useless things being marketed nowadays. But there are still a couple bits that need to be refocused, tweaked, or maybe even completely redone; I know it's probably in the early stages.

One part that I'm a little worried about is the fact that there is no account system that buyers can give reputation to; with the current system, I could definitely see buyers being very cautious and skeptical about anonymous sellers with a sample. Don't get me wrong, having the sample is a nice idea, but unfortunately it's not something that can be used for all tasks to guarantee work that the buyer wants.

TL;DR: Very nice work, but some parts should be changed. Smiley

Seem to be therotically good but i think it will be hard to find real buyers practically as most of the answers can be found for free in internet

Not if you realize what the whole concept is. As far as I can tell, this isn't just limited to a Q&A sort of thing, but also includes completing tasks and such.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:45:38 AM

I'll definitely try to optimize the site. I agree that it can be a bit confusing.

So if someone asks you a question, you can provide the answer with an Answer.Market link and hope that they buy it. Your reputation sending it to them and the quality of your sample will influence whether they buy it or not. I would put yourself in their shoes and consider if it's worthwhile or not.

But since it's just a sample and an "answer", it can really be any task. Photoshopping something, writing a small bit of code, or anything that can be a link or fit into text.

In hindsight, "answer" market may have not been the best name. Maybe task market, or something. But I think it would be most used in individual forums where people want to pay people for things.

I have this on Reddit and Voat:
https://www.reddit.com/r/answermarket
https://voat.co/v/answermarket

Does that make more sense?

yes,it makes more sense now
it is a cross of bussybuddy and satoshibox or similar service
basically,you can sell intellectual property and digital goods this way too,or provide simple services for under a fiver or so
continue improving the site and growing your customer base,after all you will need more than 1 picture of Hillary per day sold to make a living Smiley
good luck!

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
answermarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:57:04 PM

Thank you all for your feedback! I'm trying to tune up the site and improve the workflow. You'll now find the submit page is the default page on /.

One of my goals is to make the submit page self-explanatory enough to know what it is, or at least enough to be enticing.

I also added an index of answers: http://answer.market/answers

Let me know what you think.
answermarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 11:43:30 PM

Just made some more adjustments:

Fee of 30,000 Satoshis + 10% has been dropped to 15,000 Satoshis + 10%.

When you submit an answer, it redirects you to it automatically.

Getting into the answers index is now opt-in only, in case you want your answer to be a bit more private.
answermarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 02:26:41 PM

Little bits of tuning here and there. Site is faster. Should be much more mobile friendly now, too.

Happy Halloween!
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:27:03 PM

Interesting concept. Instead of posting tasks in the services section (for a bounty), people can use the site.
Of course, usage needs to increase before people can find what they want quickly.
bitcoinsforall

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 09:38:48 AM

just checked the site and the UI is really poor,for a sec i dont understand where i need to pose a question or where i can answer..
sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:33:07 PM

just checked the site and the UI is really poor,for a sec i dont understand where i need to pose a question or where i can answer..

I've been working on polishing the UI and making it more obvious. Answer Market isn't so much of a market in itself, but a means to hold a sample and an answer, and unlock the answer if the sample looks good.

The two main boards to submit bounties are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/answermarket/
https://voat.co/v/answermarket/

If someone on the forum asked for something, you could also do the work and reply to them with an http://answer.market/ link.
sega01

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:42:59 PM

I just updated Answer Market to use the new library and API for coinfee: https://github.com/coinfee/coinfee-python

Not too many frontend changes recently, but I have some ideas.
sega01

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:25:21 AM

Small frontend update. I wrote my first Javascript library which helps convert Satoshis to USD: https://github.com/coinfee/bitcoin-fiat

I implemented this on http://answer.market/ and you can see it on the "Satoshis" section.
sega01

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:05:14 AM

I've had no customers for Answer.Market and since SporeStack is doing well and needing lots of my time, I've decided to shut down Answer.Market. coinfee.net will likely follow.

I've put the source up on Github if anyone else would like to continue with it: https://github.com/teran-mckinney/answer.market
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:23:44 AM

I've had no customers for Answer.Market and since SporeStack is doing well and needing lots of my time, I've decided to shut down Answer.Market. coinfee.net will likely follow.

I've put the source up on Github if anyone else would like to continue with it: https://github.com/teran-mckinney/answer.market

Good job not giving up and pressing forward on other ventures, Smiley. I actually missed A.M entirely myself.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: