Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When is it OK to offer escrow service? (Just a question)  (Read 412 times)
Angell (OP)

Activity: 565
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:45:52 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 05:24:20 AM by Angell

Hello to all members,

I saw a few people offering escrow service and earning from that so I just wanted to ask how to qualify for that? Which rank you have to be to become an escrow and what else is needed? Thanks!

Angell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:58:09 AM

There are no ranks involved. It's entirely off the trust and reputation you earn. You'll have to build it with successful transactions. And you probably won't be getting rich any time soon. Some escrows do it for tips only, others for nothing.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:00:31 AM

ranks doesn't really matter, trust does. tho the higher rank you are the more trust you can gain here in the forum. before you offer escrow service be sure you already engaged in several trades and deals and got plenty of positive feedback in your profile
Angell (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:02:28 AM

There are no ranks involved. It's entirely off the trust and reputation you earn. You'll have to build it with successful transactions. And you probably won't be getting rich any time soon. Some escrows do it for tips only, others for nothing.

Okey so senior members can also do it but you have to have good trust? Are escrow members approved from the admin of the forum or they just do it depending on the trust ratings? Tips are okey, if you have a lot of escrow business I think that you can earn a bit.

satmas

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:04:58 AM

Okey so senior members can also do it but you have to have good trust? Are escrow members approved from the admin of the forum or they just do it depending on the trust ratings? Tips are okey, if you have a lot of escrow business I think that you can earn a bit.
Escrows aren't approved by the admin, in fact scams aren't against the rules of the forum and so that means that scammers won't get banned(I'm not saying that you are a scammer), so they just do it depending on the trust ratings. P.s. I think that this belongs into the service discussion board, just make sure to move the topic there and lock it when you are satisfied with the answers.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:08:28 AM

Yes. No one's going to go with you if you don't have any trust. Why would you hand over money to someone with no track record?

The forum admins don't get involved in any way with any business that goes on here. It's all between you and your customers.
Angell (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:09:30 AM

Escrows aren't approved by the admin, in fact scams aren't against the rules of the forum and so that means that scammers won't get banned(I'm not saying that you are a scammer), so they just do it depending on the trust ratings. P.s. I think that this belongs into the service discussion board, just make sure to move the topic there and lock it when you are satisfied with the answers.

So basically this is just a trust thing. I hoped that I could get a job for escrow or something like that but I see that this is a "gray zone".

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 01:10:10 AM

It is all about reputation, but account age does factor in. I was offering escrow services for a while and it pretty much sucks pay wise. I was just offering my services to help others not get scammed. If you want to escrow to make extra funds I can tell you that it is not worth it. You will spend a lot of time for tiny amounts of pay.
Angell (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:11:02 AM

It is all about reputation, but account age does factor in. I was offering escrow services for a while and it pretty much sucks pay wise. I was just offering my services to help others not get scammed. If you want to escrow to make extra funds I can tell you that it is not worth it. You will spend a lot of time for tiny amounts of pay.

How much did you charge? I thought that escrows earn a lot.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 01:15:59 AM

I was in the "Big 5" and was doing probably 2-5 escrows per day at the time. I never charged a fee and just took tips. Most people never tipped and others it depends on how large of a deal. Maybe .005 - .01 per trade for the ones who tipped. I escrowed some larger deals and got tipped .1+ a few times here and there.
Angell (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:35:23 AM

I was in the "Big 5" and was doing probably 2-5 escrows per day at the time. I never charged a fee and just took tips. Most people never tipped and others it depends on how large of a deal. Maybe .005 - .01 per trade for the ones who tipped. I escrowed some larger deals and got tipped .1+ a few times here and there.

Uh, So that's the real truth about escrow. Thanks man, you helped me a lot. I'm locking this topic.

Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:08:58 AM

It doesn't really matter about what rank you are. You just have to make a name for yourself in the community.(In a good way) And you need to have some good trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: