Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were a coin developer...  (Read 974 times)
leero9 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

-09-

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:03:22 PM

I see many people creating new coins and many more investing in them... If you were to create your own coin, what would you do?

Tbh, most of the newly launched projects are greedy devs launching useless products just trying to make profit for themselves and eventually giving up on the project. I personally believe that for a coin to be successful, the product behind it also has to have some value to the users, such as improving an existing business model etc. So was wondering, what existing "problem" would you try to solve with your coin?

Would love to hear your thoughts...

On a side note, from an "investor" point of view, what are the most important things you look for in a new coin project?

☆★☆★ 🚀🚀🚀 TO THE MOON AND BEYOND!!! 🚀🚀🚀 ★☆★☆
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 01:53:38 PM

I see many people creating new coins and many more investing in them... If you were to create your own coin, what would you do?

Tbh, most of the newly launched projects are greedy devs launching useless products just trying to make profit for themselves and eventually giving up on the project. I personally believe that for a coin to be successful, the product behind it also has to have some value to the users, such as improving an existing business model etc. So was wondering, what existing "problem" would you try to solve with your coin?

On a side note, from an "investor" point of view, what are the most important things you look for in a new coin project?
I will be posting like an investors I will go for the dev reputation if the dev is a hero member or had a good trust rating and he is known as a hardworking dev I will definitely go for this kind of project..

Because the dev is staking his reputation here.

PieCoin

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Follow @EasyAsPieCoin

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 10:26:11 PM

There are still many challenges facing crypto and there will be many coins that help move everything forward.

For a coin to be successful it needs people who use it.

PIECoin ICO - https://c-cex.com/?p=pie-btc
PIECoin Announcement Thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1647617.0
PIE Coin Technology - http://piecoin.tech
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:22:55 PM

The purpose of a CURRENCY is NOT to improve an existing business model.

And i would improve on the concept off a block-chain rather than aping it with a mod for cash.
in other words Crypto's first innovation in history since Bitcoin was created.

..you all can't see past the Poloniex shitcoin "ROI"

PS:
What to look for for investing advice ? It's no different that the stock market.. Google it.
Really it's all common sense.

FUD first & ask questions later™
leero9 (OP)

Activity: 75

-09-

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:31:20 PM

The purpose of a CURRENCY is NOT to improve an existing business model.

This I definitely agree. Of course, there are lots of developments that are purely crypto-related such as new algorithms, anonymity, etc.

However, those that do implement some sort of real-world use or integrate with existing business models do have high utility with people seem to be interested in.

Not saying that one is better than the other, as they all have a use in its own way.

☆★☆★ 🚀🚀🚀 TO THE MOON AND BEYOND!!! 🚀🚀🚀 ★☆★☆
Daisy14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:59:41 PM

I wish it were possible to develop a POS coin with NO transaction fees. It just logs itself straight to the blockchain with no help from miners whatsoever.
poptartcat

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 03:32:32 PM

I wish it were possible to develop a POS coin with NO transaction fees. It just logs itself straight to the blockchain with no help from miners whatsoever.

I think that's kind of the idea behind Iota, but I also think Iota is scam shit that will never work...
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 05:39:14 PM

You can do anything + cryptocoin economy. I have a popular centralized "Anything, Anywhere" classifieds on a map. I'm going to decentralize it and give it to the users. It takes some money to make these big changes so I've designated part of the cryptocoins to go to fund raising.

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 06:01:01 PM

The ADZcoin project was created for a specific use to help web publishers with earning additional income due to loss of AdBlocking software.

you can do yourself a favor and read up on the ADZbuzz/ADZcoin project here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590365.0

New Beta site just went live a few hours ago.  Cool

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:51:55 PM

Creating new coin isn't difficult job, this is the reason why we watch a lot of new coins, but if you have a good experience with altcoins, you should be able to identify the legit coins depending on your past experiments.
If I were a coin developer I won't work alone, I will hire experienced people to work with me, and I will do everthing make the crypto community trust me.
Random_newb

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:54:45 PM

As an investor, I look for the following:

1. User base (How many people actually use the coin?)
2. Partnerships - Banking/ATM/Businesses. Partnerships are what help the currency grow its user base.
3. The team - Are they dedicated enough to help grow this out?
4. Global presence.

Most alt coins have maybe the team aspect covered. I have yet to find a solid alt coin with all of the above.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 08:10:35 PM

Most alt coins have maybe the team aspect covered. I have yet to find a solid alt coin with all of the above.

you can't conjure up a user base from nothing. and for most of the coins that do, it should be renamed mining base or icobagholding base because the people present couldn't be considered to be genuine users in most cases.
nharan

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:04:09 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 09:18:30 PM by nharan

you can't conjure up a user base from nothing. and for most of the coins that do, it should be renamed mining base or icobagholding base because the people present couldn't be considered to be genuine users in most cases.

I agree, in the case of new coins, the only legitimate way it can have a strong user base is if they sought out users before launch.

As an investor, I look for the following:

2. Partnerships - Banking/ATM/Businesses. Partnerships are what help the currency grow its user base.
4. Global presence.

Have you taken a look at Faircoin?

Has over 10000 users worldwide and growing.

Has partnerships with Credit unions and ATM machine folks such as Halcash. 10k ATM machines in Spain and 10k in Mexico. Has strong relationships with big companies in silicon valley.

Has a small team of core developers. Has a growing team of people looking to grow the system out.

4. Global presence.
See #1. It is used in 5 continents right now. Nowhere near the usage of Bitcoin, but it has global presence.
https://use.fair-coin.org/

None of the above is reflected in the price for good reason. Zero marketing. Marketing is not necessary at this stage, but will come when all of the <insert cheesy saying here: when all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed>.
nindie

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:50:00 AM

iam respect coin developer
but coin developer is good perfomance and attitude not coin developer scamer

and every buy ico coin must use escrow
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 02:05:54 AM

Creating new coin isn't difficult job, this is the reason why we watch a lot of new coins, but if you have a good experience with altcoins, you should be able to identify the legit coins depending on your past experiments.
If I were a coin developer I won't work alone, I will hire experienced people to work with me, and I will do everthing make the crypto community trust me.

I totally agree wih you,you don't need to know coding to set up a coin,there some services or guys who can do that for you and about marketing,you can also hire people,all you'll have to do is to just over see the whole process or development.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: