Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:08:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got scammed out of 5BTC  (Read 1241 times)
Irn-Bri (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:43:44 PM

Some scumbag used a legit members name and like a dumb ass I sent the funds
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:46:07 PM

You need to post in the correct format and the correct place: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Bit1334271

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:45:35 AM

feeling sorry for you but now its all gone and I don't think its coming back but still if you have all proofs then post in Scam accusation for others users help as they will learn lesson from your this mistake
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 02:32:31 AM

What you mean someone used a legit member's name?
this is all your own fault actually. you should use escrow before doing any kind of deals and trades. no matter the name of the person how much legit or not..
now you lost them and forget them. but next time be careful.

feeling sorry for you but now its all gone and I don't think its coming back but still if you have all proofs then post in Scam accusation for others users help as they will learn lesson from your this mistake

opening scam accusation is good because it helps other to be save from the same person. but I don't think he'll get his money back.
Semvak

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 02:41:28 AM

Who is legit members? make sure you have escrow on transaction for safe and smooth trade.
JumperN

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:08:41 AM

5BTC people have money to throw away damn, why didn't you just give me 1btc at least I would have said thank you.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.
It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
Bit1334271

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:09:31 AM

What you mean someone used a legit member's name?
this is all your own fault actually. you should use escrow before doing any kind of deals and trades. no matter the name of the person how much legit or not..
now you lost them and forget them. but next time be careful.

opening scam accusation is good because it helps other to be save from the same person. but I don't think he'll get his money back.
Yea I already spotted money is gone and its not coming back its just for others they can learn from this users mistake
Irn-Bri (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:56:50 AM

Guy sent me a PM under the name Shdvb. I'd messages him earlier in the day and was waiting for his response. I was getting ready to take my boy to the park when I got a response. The scumbag used the same name with an apostrophe that I didn't notice. As soon as I sent they payment I realized I was scammed, literally seconds. Noticed no feedback or posts. I was one of those guys that thought I was far too smart to get scammed. I'm a member of a few other sites where communities buy and sell on reputation and never had a problem. Took my eye off the ball and got punished.

Am I pissed off? Yes! But you know what, that scumbag has to look at himself in the mirror everyday and know what he is. Whatever this life holds, he may have to answer for his actions somewhere in this lifetime or the next one. I feel very stupid right now, but just gotta let it go. Luckily it was winnings from sports betting this week and not money I had spent. Anyway guys be careful out there, I'm done with the whole selling Bitcoin online via this forum. I'm sure there's lots of honest people, but dam there's a shit load of scammers and dirtbags too.
JumperN

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:08:52 AM

There seems to be more scammers than real sellers in the currency exchange section, and these scammers are the same people coming with new accounts and new ways to scam.

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
shdvb
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1001

Click the globe below to talk on live chat!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 02:40:38 PM

Guy sent me a PM under the name Shdvb. I'd messages him earlier in the day and was waiting for his response. I was getting ready to take my boy to the park when I got a response. The scumbag used the same name with an apostrophe that I didn't notice. As soon as I sent they payment I realized I was scammed, literally seconds. Noticed no feedback or posts. I was one of those guys that thought I was far too smart to get scammed. I'm a member of a few other sites where communities buy and sell on reputation and never had a problem. Took my eye off the ball and got punished.

Am I pissed off? Yes! But you know what, that scumbag has to look at himself in the mirror everyday and know what he is. Whatever this life holds, he may have to answer for his actions somewhere in this lifetime or the next one. I feel very stupid right now, but just gotta let it go. Luckily it was winnings from sports betting this week and not money I had spent. Anyway guys be careful out there, I'm done with the whole selling Bitcoin online via this forum. I'm sure there's lots of honest people, but dam there's a shit load of scammers and dirtbags too.

Sorry to hear that u lost 5 coins here by my impersonator,aka shdvb. ,you said here you are a member of few other sites to buy and sell,could you tell me what are they? I need to expand my business elsewhere so the more me out there ,less scammers outside. Roll Eyes

Buy/Sell/Exchange Bitcoins|LiveChat|Escrow| WeChat:btcotc2014/Telegram:@mingxingxu,Email:shdvb@hotmail.com.
Irn-Bri (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 03:11:59 PM

Sorry to hear that u lost 5 coins here by my impersonator,aka shdvb. ,you said here you are a member of few other sites to buy and sell,could you tell me what are they? I need to expand my business elsewhere so the more me out there ,less scammers outside. Roll Eyes

Bullionstacker is the place, but the Bitcoin market is very small there. It's mostly people buying and selling gold and silver.
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:43:41 PM

There seems to be more scammers than real sellers in the currency exchange section, and these scammers are the same people coming with new accounts and new ways to scam.
Scammer always come back with a different identity to scam people. there are many way to be safe from the. and specially a newbiw can never scam somenone unless you send the payment first.. that's why we have escrow here. and Always try to warn you do not deal without escrow. but You do not understood.
Irn-Bri (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 08:01:03 PM

Funny another scammer sending me a PM saying he's legit and wants to do a deal  Undecided
leepsteer00

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:46:32 PM

sometimes i got same messages also but i got it, did not need much time to find its fake link he gave to me.
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:55:33 PM

Sorry for your loss, man.  Not that I don't buy your story, but you have to fill out the correct scam accusation form, which has already been suggested.  As they say, dox or it didn't happen.  People on this forum are pretty skeptical about things like this.  And it happens far too often for anyone's comfort.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
miningdude

Activity: 416

Have a mining rig

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:58:02 PM

LOL ur funny tho
FeelTheBeat1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:03:16 AM

Oh my GOD 5 BTC plz dont let the scammers to scam you
GUYS take care in dealing coz i think scammers are coming back in bitcointalk again
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:35:57 AM

~snip~
GUYS take care in dealing coz i think scammers are coming back in bitcointalk again
Hmm? they are always on here, they just pretending like "a good guy" and then scamming people. The only way how to avoid them just always use ESCROW when dealing with them

OP, could you post valid proofs if you were got scammed?

JumperN

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:13:57 AM

Some people are promoting these scams by avoiding escrows while dealing with newbies, there's no reason to avoid an escrow, what will completing the deal fast help you if you end up loosing all your money faster?

Dassi

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:19:57 AM

You should report the scammer to the moderator so he can have a negative trust on his account and he won't be able to scam other people too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: