Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:59:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a few questions about ethminer.org pool  (Read 747 times)
GabryRox (OP)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:50:37 PM

I have just built a mining rig and looking to start using Claymore's dual ETH & DCR miner.  I have already joined the Suprnova DCR pool and created my worker name to paste into the Claymore .bat file, but am having trouble figuring out how to do the same for the ETH piece.

When I go the ethminer.org, I cannot figure out how to join or register.  Do you even need to do so?  If registration is needed, could someone please provide basic instructions on how to do so?  If it is not needed, then how exactly are you supposed to create the worker name that is needed in the code after the ETH wallet address?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:29:07 PM

I have just built a mining rig and looking to start using Claymore's dual ETH & DCR miner.  I have already joined the Suprnova DCR pool and created my worker name to paste into the Claymore .bat file, but am having trouble figuring out how to do the same for the ETH piece.

When I go the ethminer.org, I cannot figure out how to join or register.  Do you even need to do so?  If registration is needed, could someone please provide basic instructions on how to do so?  If it is not needed, then how exactly are you supposed to create the worker name that is needed in the code after the ETH wallet address?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

With ethermine.org you do not need to register. you open an ethereum wallet, I recommend myetherwallet.com, and you mine to that address.

Example: "EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal YOURADDRESS.WORKER -epsw x" replace YOURADDRESS with your ethereum address you got at myetherwallet and start mining. you will need to add your DCR pool configuration.
GabryRox (OP)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:40:43 PM

Thanks YIz!! I thought I was going a bit crazy there not being able to find where to register on that site lol.

I understand that part about replacing "YOUR ADDRESS" with my own ETH wallet address, but what about the "WORKER" name after the period?  Do I just leave that as is?  If not, what do I replace it with?

Actually, when I look at my start.bat file in the Claymore folder i downloaded a few days ago, there is no worker name after the ETH wallet address, so maybe that is not needed at all for ETH?

Thanks also for the tip about myetherwallet.com.  I was going to just use the address of my ETH wallet on Bittrex, but I will check out what you recommended shortly.  Do you see any advantage of using that over an exchange wallet?

Thanks again!
YIz

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:47:24 PM

Thanks YIz!! I thought I was going a bit crazy there not being able to find where to register on that site lol.

I understand that part about replacing "YOUR ADDRESS" with my own ETH wallet address, but what about the "WORKER" name after the period?  Do I just leave that as is?  If not, what do I replace it with?

Actually, when I look at my start.bat file in the Claymore folder i downloaded a few days ago, there is no worker name after the ETH wallet address, so maybe that is not needed at all for ETH?

Thanks also for the tip about myetherwallet.com.  I was going to just use the address of my ETH wallet on Bittrex, but I will check out what you recommended shortly.  Do you see any advantage of using that over an exchange wallet?

Thanks again!

You're very welcome. you do not have to change the worker, workers are generally for people who have more than one rig, and want to be able to differentiate between them on the pool.
You can PM your worker name and your ETH address and I will put them in the config file for you, if you are having troubles with it. and there are MANY advantages in using myetherwallet over an exchange wallet. you control your funds. just make sure you store your private key safely. anyone who has access to it can withdraw your ether without permission.

Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:22:00 AM

This might seem a bit of a digression but I was wondering if there is a website for checking your ether balance on the ethereum network similar to blockchain.info
Thanks.
YIz

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:54:17 PM

This might seem a bit of a digression but I was wondering if there is a website for checking your ether balance on the ethereum network similar to blockchain.info
Thanks.

Yes there is. etherscan.io and etherchain.org.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: