Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good pools that let you keep some of your block reward?  (Read 3234 times)
tubexc

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:39:02 PM

Ummm... all pools let you keep part of the block reward... that's what pooled mining is.

You know what I mean.  You get a small part of the reward yes, but some pools directly pay you a large part if you
find a block (and much more than is distributed out to other users).  I'm pretty sure litecoinpool.org does not, so that's been my experience.
Any pool that does this, must fund that by paying everyone else less than expected.

Block finding is luck, you can't make your miners find a block, they simply have an expected time to find a block.
The actual time may be anywhere from immediately to never.

Thus including a block finding reward increases variance for all miners.
If you don't care about increasing variance, then why not solo mine, since with solo mining, every time you find a block you get it all Tongue

It would be great to not have complete risk, like mine for a percentage but if you find a block get around 50% of it.  No pools do that?

The thread you are looking for is this one here !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1327077.0

Enjoy  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: