Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-10-09] Kraken Partners With The Economist for Investment Competition  (Read 305 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:29:33 PM

Kraken Partners With The Economist for Investment Competition

If you had $1 million to invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum, how would you buy, and why? This is the premise behind a new case study competition from Kraken, who partnered with The Economist to launch the program.

https://news.bitcoin.com/kraken-economist-investment-competition/
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:42:53 PM

"As part of the competition, Kraken and The Economist give competitors a hypothetical sum of $1 million USD to invest in bitcoin and Ethereum. They want to know how people would invest those funds — in bitcoin, Ethereum or both?

The first place winner of the competition will receive $10,000. Second place wins $5,000, while third place wins $3,000. Additionally, a “People’s Choice” award gives out $3,000.

Kraken and The Economist Want to Know: Which Is a Better Investment, Bitcoin or Ethereum?

The challenge looks to pick apart the two cryptocurrencies to see which one has the most promise for the future. The review criteria includes technical differences, project governance, and community values, all of which play a role in how well the currencies perform in the market.

According to Kraken CEO Jesse Powell:

“While many have argued that Bitcoin and Ethereum are complementary rather than competing technologies, others see Ethereum as Bitcoin’s strongest rival. Even if they are complementary, one may prove the better investment over the next 5 years and that’s where you come in. Presentations should be accessible to a wider audience with no special knowledge of blockchain technology. However, we want to be wowed by your sophisticated insight and thorough analysis of the new digital asset class.”

Participants will need to create a two-to-three minute video explaining their investment strategies on how to best use the hypothetical $1 million.

Schools participating in the competition include BYU Marriott School of Management, Creighton University, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, and Tulane University."
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 09:15:26 PM

What the actual fuck? Can I claim my prize now? All I need to do is point to the two Ethereums and how it came about and wait for the cash to roll in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: