Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Years After Ulbricht’s Arrest, Judges Re-Examine Silk Road Case  (Read 373 times)
Posternut (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:20:47 PM

On October 6, after spending three years behind bars, Ross Ulbricht returned to a Manhattan courtroom to face a panel of judges, who heard his defense team’s appeal of the double life sentence Ulbricht received over a year ago.

Three Judges Review the Ross Ulbricht Case

A three-judge panel reviewed arguments given by defense attorney Joshua Dratel concerning the trial of Ross Ulbricht. Dratel explained the appeal, arguing that many of the trial’s elements were obfuscated and mismanaged.

https://news.bitcoin.com/judges-examine-ulbricht-case/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:33:51 PM

I'm glad to hear that. The man got the very harsh sentence of a hardened Colombian drug dealer who kills people, but he was more of a quiet webmaster working only with computers.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 11:13:04 PM

he needs a fair trial,he is made a scapegoat to scare people away from creating these kind of markets,this is a good news if this is true and i hope he gets a reduced sentence
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 06:56:56 PM

If Ross and his people knew what was going on, he would prosecute the judges who allowed him to be imprisoned, and then go on with any others who have taken so long to think about freeing him.

If he did this, he could make more money off their convictions than he could ever think of getting from The Silk Road.

Karl Lentz method.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:29:57 PM

he needs a fair trial,he is made a scapegoat to scare people away from creating these kind of markets,this is a good news if this is true and i hope he gets a reduced sentence
It's obvious that they wanted to make an example of him. He is lucky he wasn't caught in the Philippines, Duterte is not so friendly with drugs-related things  Smiley

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
chris_nor

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:08:01 AM

Double life sentence is just too extreme. I remember reading how he got caught. I believe his real IP was traced to a person promoting the website on random forums.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:58:56 AM

I'm glad to hear that. The man got the very harsh sentence of a hardened Colombian drug dealer who kills people, but he was more of a quiet webmaster working only with computers.

If he was a Colombian drug lord, then he might have avoided the jail-term altogether. CIA is having good relations with a number of Colombian drug lords. CIA is using them against the left-wing militias in Colombia (such as the FARC and the ELN). Ulbricht challenged the wall street banking cartel, and that is why he is being made a scapegoat. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: