Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:56:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you use a dev fee Zcash GPU Miner?  (Voting closed: October 30, 2016, 10:24:29 PM)
Yes - 112 (84.2%)
No - 21 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 133

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Call for Claymore Zcash GPU Miner Development  (Read 22639 times)
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:07:38 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 03:31:38 AM by Tmdz

That awesome to know you would consider it.

Zcash has a slow start from 0-full coin rewards over 100 days so there is no rush.

100 days?Huh??

Dude its 30 days.

Yeah but people on here are saying slow start has been extended to 100 days.

Edit:  I can't find any official reference of an extension past the 34 days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:01:11 AM

Its 5000 blocks or so.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MantaMine (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 09:39:16 AM

I will almost guarantee that slow roll ends considerably sooner than they say it will. 

And.... the thread caught Claymore's eye!  Look forward to see what you come up with, you are a mining software pioneer!
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 10:15:41 AM

yeah. go claymore!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 01:44:19 PM

Claymore rocks Smiley

yolo
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 01:53:23 PM

Four days until genesis.  Come on Claymore!!!

I'm not working on zcash miner currently, so please don't expect that I'll release it soon.
Though its PoW looks interesting for me and as soon as I have time I'll check if I can create faster miner.
I get a lot of requests for private miner, so I have to repeat it again: I don't have any private miners, if I create a miner I make it public.

yeps, no private miner, kudos to that but with the fees ...

you're already VERY rich (at least 5M USD in eth alone) claymore, prolly lower the built in devfees ?

just my 2 sats.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:22:54 PM

I'm not working on zcash miner currently, so please don't expect that I'll release it soon.
Though its PoW looks interesting for me and as soon as I have time I'll check if I can create faster miner.
I get a lot of requests for private miner, so I have to repeat it again: I don't have any private miners, if I create a miner I make it public.

you're already VERY rich (at least 5M USD in eth alone) claymore, prolly lower the built in devfees ?

just my 2 sats.

5M ? You sure about that

Daily miners reward is $300,000 * 30 days = 9,000,000 = 1% fee = $90,000 monthly

$90K is the most he can make if EVERYBODY mining ETH used his miner, most likely only 20% use his miner. So $10-20K a month. Not bad.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:23:08 PM

Four days until genesis.  Come on Claymore!!!

just my 2 sats.

I have no clue how you got this number, but it's far, far from what I got from devfee from all miners ever.
Anyway, if you really think that I got 5M$, it seems reasonable that you must learn programming asap and get similar amount, it's easy! Smiley

If 1% of defvee is too much for you, there is a choice, just use some other miner and save some coins.
In fact, you won't see any additional profit even if I make devfee twice less, I doubt you can feel 0.5% difference in profit.
And lowering devfee just because you think that I earn "too much" is not a good reason for me.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
buckets420

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:44:21 PM

personally i think claymore deserves more credit then he gets, he may only make 1% dev fee, but think of how much more profit people are because just because they can dual mine eth and dcr or whatever
claymore does quality work and deserves atleast 1% dev fee on any miner he makes, if you dont think he deserves the fees then develop your own miner lol

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:18:53 PM

If 1% of defvee is too much for you, there is a choice, just use some other miner and save some coins.
In fact, you won't see any additional profit even if I make devfee twice less, I doubt you can feel 0.5% difference in profit.
And lowering devfee just because you think that I earn "too much" is not a good reason for me.

i use your eth miner because its easy and convenient and earns me money.

if you do a zcash miner my one percent -or whatever you chose- is gladly yours Smiley
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:50:48 PM

Whether Claymore makes $100/month or $100k/month on his dev fees is a completely moot point.  If he provides a product that is better than most or all of the competition, then he is ahead of the curve and in a free market economy, those who are able to produce something that the majority of any segment prefer earn the right to be successful financially... plain and simple.

Furthermore, he is absolutely correct that 1% fee cannot even be felt by almost all miners, even more so if he were to cut that fee from 1% to .5%.  Do you realize what a minuscule amount that equates to?  If that small amount really makes that big a difference to you I submit that you shouldn't be into mining at all lol.

Bottom line is that Claymore's miners seem to provide better Hash-rates than all or most other miners.  So, logically speaking, nobody should have an issue with the 1% fee. I could make a case that 1% is actually too low in fact, since my hash-rates are 10-15% better with his miners.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:51:55 PM

just my 2 sats.

5M ? You sure about that

Daily miners reward is $300,000 * 30 days = 9,000,000 = 1% fee = $90,000 monthly

$90K is the most he can make if EVERYBODY mining ETH used his miner, most likely only 20% use his miner. So $10-20K a month. Not bad.

I'm betting the number is lower than 20%, I know of ZERO larger pools or private farms that use the miner (due to them not dual mining cause of extra stress on GPU's etc.) and they represent over 80% of the network.

IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:53:08 PM

Whether Claymore makes $100/month or $100k/month on his dev fees is a completely moot point.  If he provides a product that is better than most or all of the competition, then he is ahead of the curve and in a free market economy, those who are able to produce something that the majority of any segment prefer earn the right to be successful financially... plain and simple.

Furthermore, he is absolutely correct that 1% fee cannot even be felt by almost all miners, even more so if he were to cut that fee from 1% to .5%.  Do you realize what a minuscule amount that equates to?  If that small amount really makes that big a difference to you I submit that you shouldn't be into mining at all lol.

Bottom line is that Claymore's miners seem to provide better Hash-rates than all or most other miners.  So, logically speaking, nobody should have an issue with the 1% fee. I could make a case that 1% is actually too low in fact, since my hash-rates are 10-15% better with his miners.

Not to mention that a large part of the community that mines with 2-5 GPU or so wouldn't even notice 5%. They value an easy to use miner that doesn't crash, is easy to install etc.

Tomintx

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:21:32 PM

Not to mention that a large part of the community that mines with 2-5 GPU or so wouldn't even notice 5%. They value an easy to use miner that doesn't crash, is easy to install etc.

Mining developer fees.  Pool Fees.  Fees to convert coins from one to another.  Transaction fees to spend the coins.  Fees to the power company for running the hardware.  Fees to the people you buy the hardware from.  Fees to pay for space to hold the hardware (even if rent or mortgage).  Fees everywhere.

Nothing's free.  If you can build your own hardware and generate your own power, you might as well write your own miner and live fee-free!

I'm a small miner (340 MH) and happy to pay these fees because ROI is good, even after all the fees. 

I'd gladly go for a DEV-Fee supported closed-source ZCash miner that's profitable.  As long as Coins - Power is positive, and Coins/Power is > 4, then I'm pretty happy.
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:40:24 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1660023.0

no fees !
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:51:29 PM

no disrespect claymore, NOT a single doubt that you're a great programmer that made an awesome miner software that works wonderfully & you definitely deserve the fees, TOTALLY agree with your statement, if don't like it, then don't use it.

i might be wrong with the figures hence this public apology to you.

i even voted to pay the fee if you made a zcash miner. but i'm asking prolly you might want to consider lowering the fees a tad, ain't saying NO fees ! just a request to you to consider.

everything has fees, totally agreed.

MantaMine (OP)

Activity: 301

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 10:19:45 PM

Definitely going to check out that open source miner that was just released.  We have a benchmark speed to compare other options with, good news!
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 12:49:27 AM

Zcash has a slow start from 0-full coin rewards over 100 days so there is no rush.

100 days?Huh??

Dude its 30 days.

It's technically 20,000 blocks, which according to the 2.5 minute/block specification should take roughly 34 days. However, with the initial hash-rate projected to be very high, block generation times will probably be greatly condensed making the slow start last anywhere from 21-30 days.
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 01:10:13 AM

100 days?Huh??

Dude its 30 days.

5000 blocks * 2.5 minutes/block = 8.7 days
https://z.cash/blog/new-alpha-release-mining-slow-start.html
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 02:06:55 AM

100 days?Huh??

Dude its 30 days.

5000 blocks * 2.5 minutes/block = 8.7 days
https://z.cash/blog/new-alpha-release-mining-slow-start.html

It was updated to 20'000 blocks in oct

https://z.cash/blog/slow-start-and-mining-ecosystem.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: