Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex, the worst exchange online.  (Read 1221 times)
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:26:55 AM

I love the threads when a nobody with 0.27 btc stuck pending complain about how an exchange with 5 figure btc volume is trying to scam them.

Smiley
It is his money that got stuck. Does he have to be a whale with thousand of BTC to see his withdrawal processed faster?
Everyone should be treated the same, it shouldn't matter if they have 0.1 or 1000 BTC.

Maybe Poloniex's withdrawals are stuck because AFAIK there was attack on bitcoin network today, a lot of unconfirmed transactions, mempool overload etc.

I dont think you understood me. What im trying to say is that poloniex is an exchange who regularly sees 10k+ btc volume and they're not going to try and scam someone for $150. The op is just panicking.

He should be panicked because holding your money for many hours and still no response from them I would be worried too, I had many withdrawal in the past on poloniex but it got approved after a minute or so but not hours.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:32:47 PM

Experience that issue as well. and poloniex still consider themselves the best exchange for whatever reason a lot of traders do so.
That is why after withdrawing my funds, i never get to deposit there ever again and will never ever.

if we all guys do, let's see how quickly they'd add coins on their list.

In addition to the problems with withdrawals (heavily reminds me of my days at Cryptsy), I had also frequently experienced delays with receiving withdrawal confirmation emails. Once it took me about an hour to confirm my withdrawal, and I had to open a ticket at their support center. The support claimed that it was a problem with my email services. But they had been deliberately lying to me since from the email headers it was evident that the delay was at the exchange. I received this email a few moments after it had been sent by the Poloniex mail server. When I told them to check the email for themselves, they pretended that they didn't understand what I meant.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6150

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:31:21 AM

I personally never experienced this kind of issues (I'm a client on their platform since a few weeks only) and as far as I know (and from what I've seen moderators speaking) verification shouldn't be needed unless you want to rise limits. (It could make things faster too but It's nothing obligatory).
Other then that , I wouldn't be worried since the amount is too small (unless you see they are doing it for several people) . Keep in mind that Poloniex is the biggest exchange out there : https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:24:54 AM

Other then that , I wouldn't be worried since the amount is too small (unless you see they are doing it for several people) . Keep in mind that Poloniex is the biggest exchange out there : https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

Poloniex is the largest exchange only among exchanges that trade USD pairs with $23M trading volume daily. If you look for all exchanges, it will be only the sixth. Note the huge volumes that the Chinese exchanges operate with. The first two of them (OKCoin and Huobi) have volumes over 1 billion dollars daily for just two trading pairs (BTC/CNY and LTC/CNY).
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:42:51 PM

I love the threads when a nobody with 0.27 btc stuck pending complain about how an exchange with 5 figure btc volume is trying to scam them.

Smiley
First of all, who said it's a scam?
Second, the amount doesn't matter. It's been even lower, such as $12.

You people gotta get a new pair of glasses so you can read the damn OP with more attention.
prettyboy1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:59:18 AM

Hello, I'm new to crypto and last week opened an acc with Poloniex.
I was wondering if anyone can help me get back into the site.
I'm getting "There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate"
notice and chrome won't let me enter the site.

Is there a ssl problem or poloniex has issues with their certificate provider?
george
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: