Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: API wallet bitcoin  (Read 781 times)
pmecs (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:38:39 PM

Hello everybody !

As part of the realization of an MVP, I have two main questions regarding the use of the API of a bitcoin wallet (for example that of taking blockchain.info).

The MVP is for testing a mobile payment concept.
It will be implemented and its restricted only in a fast food outlet.
Technically, the merchant will have a tablet and a application installed previously.
And customers will have a mobile app to download.

Feed Specifications :
Both applications (customer and merchant) will be able to send and receive payments between them.
No applications will have the ability to make withdrawals and convert bitcoins in €.

Specifications of the actors :
The merchnat application is intended for a single trader.
The client application is provided for a maximum number of 1500 customers.
Only the address of the trader and the respective addresses of 1500 customers can interact, an unknown address and therefore another bitcoin wallet can interact with any of the two applications.

Network Requirements :
Since we operate in a closed circuit in order not to be affected by price fluctuations, we do wish to establish a price fixed in advance in the network.
The minimal costs of remuneration of minors will be at our expense.

My questions :

1) Is it possible to create a bitcoin wallet white label from this API while respecting the specification mentioned?
The reason is commercial: we will not pass on the use of blockchain protocol in our product.
Then financial: I think that the development cost can be significantly more interesting compared to a solution built from scratch.

2) In your opinion what are the APIs and web services that best fit?
For web services I particularly refers to startups like www.blockcypher.com
To complete this question I possibly specifications available.

Best regards,
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 05:21:55 PM

Don't use a service, you'll regret it, especially for a realtime customer driven application like what you're building. The 3rd party services can go offline or subject to denial of service attack. You're better off running a couple of bitcoin nodes on your backend servers or on amazon/azure.

You don't really need to code a wallet application, just make API/RPC calls to a wallet/node.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

Let customers run their own mobile wallet, you'd be asking for trouble in creating your own wallet for mobile devices.

Security is huge too, I have an earlier post on securing back end services and code.
pmecs (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:43:09 PM

Don't use a service, you'll regret it, especially for a realtime customer driven application like what you're building. The 3rd party services can go offline or subject to denial of service attack. You're better off running a couple of bitcoin nodes on your backend servers or on amazon/azure.

You don't really need to code a wallet application, just make API/RPC calls to a wallet/node.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

Let customers run their own mobile wallet, you'd be asking for trouble in creating your own wallet for mobile devices.

Security is huge too, I have an earlier post on securing back end services and code.

thank you @cloverme

Technically you describe what could be my product.

In the specifications I would especially need the API/RPC call to a wallet/node is done in a graphical interface to our brand.
(If I'm not mistaken this is technically feasible ?)

In parallel I allow myself to send you a message.

bitaps

Activity: 148
Merit: 45

https://bitaps.com/

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 05:02:10 PM

Hello everybody !

As part of the realization of an MVP, I have two main questions regarding the use of the API of a bitcoin wallet (for example that of taking blockchain.info).
]

I can propose to use https://bitaps.com/api/
It's free, easy and convenient RESTful API. No registration. No limits. No restrictions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: