Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would anyone be interested on a dice site powered by a learning AI?  (Read 857 times)
PonziLord (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:46:35 AM
Merited by ajochems (1)

Actively cheating players without them knowing why/how much/when/etc? No, sounds like a bad idea. There is no way for you to prove you will keep a 1% HE. You could let a big real player lose any bet and let your "house players" win their profit (and claim it's fair because other players won.) It seems just like a bad idea imo.

However, if you give a hash with the outcome before each bet.. then it could be interesting. Basically you would not let players pick a clientseed. So this way, you could cheat them by predicting their next bets (and give hashes based on that.) Players could also abuse this, by trying to trick (and/or learn) your algorithm/patterns.

So players will be able to verify if the outcome is really the hash that you gave before they made their bet. But you could still increase your odds by predicting how they bet. Meanwhile the player could also increase their odds by trying to predict how you predict their betting.

I don't think it's really a smart idea either tbh. But it is interesting Tongue
Source code would be openly available. And everything would be on AI's decision. Not the programmers (We will just adjust which parameter should be prioritized, but on what is the result of the bet is the AI's decision).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MartinL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:02:00 AM

Source code would be openly available. And everything would be on AI's decision. Not the programmers (We will just adjust which parameter should be prioritized, but on what is the result of the bet is the AI's decision).

Imagine the following scenario: The game operator publishes the fair AI's source code. Then–without publishing these changes–he modifies the AI to favor a set of house-controlled players. He also modifies the AI to disadvantage all other players so that the house edge ostensibly remains 1 %.

It is not possible for real players to distinguish this scenario from one where the game operator is fair–at least not with any certainty. Therefore the game is not provably fair.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Honestly, I cannot tell you that I will be interested if it is powered by AI because in the first place I do not understand how does it work with AI, for me that seems complicated and will not gain interest from the majority here.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:15:54 AM

I don't think that this is a good idea... Obviously although you are keeping a 1% house edge, you'd still be basically "rigging" the game with an AI. Rigging is rigging, no matter done with AI or not.

And also, how are you to prove that your AI is fair, since the bet result isn't generated beforehand?
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:46:16 AM

I'm not sure I'm understanding this. If it's based on a learning AI doesn't that mean that a player that knows the AI pattern of behaviour, or how it is evolving, could exploit that and predict the outcome of a bet? If it's not random, and it follows a pattern then you just have to know that pattern and you will keep winning I guess, because you know what the AI will decide. If it works like this, then I don't know how you can bring this idea to gamble.

PonziLord (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:58:40 AM

I'm not sure I'm understanding this. If it's based on a learning AI doesn't that mean that a player that knows the AI pattern of behaviour, or how it is evolving, could exploit that and predict the outcome of a bet? If it's not random, and it follows a pattern then you just have to know that pattern and you will keep winning I guess, because you know what the AI will decide. If it works like this, then I don't know how you can bring this idea to gamble.

That's the thing. You wouldn't how it will evolve. And there will be no specific behaviour as the AI evolves on every bet.
crytoboost

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:53:42 AM

Can you explain how this would be possible to learn AI for dice game but I think there will be more high chance to get cheated from the house, because it will be hard for anyone to keep it running without any house edge where only player always will make profit by using this AI for dice game.
PonziLord (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:04:19 AM

Can you explain how this would be possible to learn AI for dice game but I think there will be more high chance to get cheated from the house, because it will be hard for anyone to keep it running without any house edge where only player always will make profit by using this AI for dice game.
There are AIs that learn playing games out of scratch and this AI would be based on that. Check sethbling's MarI/O
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:59:19 AM

There are AIs that learn playing games out of scratch and this AI would be based on that. Check sethbling's MarI/O

Why would we need an AI for dice? Gambling is supposed to be based on randomness, bringing some agent that decides winners and losers only creates a field for cheating, I don't see any benefits for players.

You can try creating some other games with your A.I. but you won't be able to control outcomes if those games are competitive, like chess or checkers.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:21:16 PM

The AI would decide what bet to lose, from a whale betting 1 BTC or from 100 users betting 0.01 BTC or something like that.

this seems like a cool idea only because of the artificial intelligence part of it and the fact that i am interested to know how it really is going to work.
but when thinking more about it, in the end it would be more interesting to the house (the website owners) not the players because dice games must be completely random and fair. and you cannot change any of these two crucial factors unless you want to be left branded as a scammer.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: