Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:25:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here come the accusations of "You were just lucky!" [crosspost to Reddit]  (Read 4039 times)
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

Who's making those accusations ? "You are just profiting from the misery of others", or maybe the less melodramatic "You are just parting fools with their money" seem more apt. There's just about zero chance in hell the current prices are holding much longer and the fools who are buying at $100+ will soon realize it.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 10:31:44 PM

Who's making those accusations ? "You are just profiting from the misery of others", or maybe the less melodramatic "You are just parting fools with their money" seem more apt. There's just about zero chance in hell the current prices are holding much longer and the fools who are buying at $100+ will soon realize it.

Poor boy (I mean, literally)... You said exactly the same when we were at USD 2.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:32:41 PM

who cares what some butthurt thinks. F#ck yeah I'm lucky. And they aren't!
Sorry bro, but luck counts too!
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:36:21 PM

I was late to the game.

That's a very common misconception that has been around for years literally. People who invested in Bitcoin 1-month ago and enjoyed a 3-fold increase of their investment value are not complaining that they were late in the game. There is no such a thing as being late to the game, because the game is far from being over. Yes, it takes balls to sink thousands of dollars to invest in Bitcoin at that point, but the truth is that it took as much if not much more balls to invest in it one year and a half ago just after it crashed and it looked more than ever like the nay-sayers were right from the start and Bitcoin was over. Doing something when the whole world is laugthing at you and calling you stupid isn't something easy. People who say "I was late to the game" today and fail to grasp that we are still very early in the game will kick themselves one year from now.

This. Buying a serious amount of BTC is quite difficult and slow for a newcomer. There is a full generation of people with small computer knowledge that is not even understanding bitcoin. This will change... But Oh boy, the game is far from being over.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:25:21 PM

I'd love to hear some stories about how someone's bitcoin wealth 100% transferred into a new business initiative or public interest that didn't revolve directly around BTC themselves. Venture Capital funding as an expensive membership into not paying transaction fees is nice for some, I suppose. Let's hear some stories about how a new BTC million/billion??-aire used BTC directly for something.

I am using some of my modest BTC gains due to recent price skyrocketing to buy servers, hosting, etc (Directly with Bitcoins). Which I will be using for my small VPN business I intend to open in the very near future.

You like my story?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: