Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't launch armory  (Read 2281 times)
dimaz (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:17:38 PM

I can't launch armory, when i launch always windows stopped this program
since version 0.8, versions (0.76, 0.75) launch but didn't import wallet backup (not read all transactions and recieve bitcoins)
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 09:21:07 PM

Are you using versions of Armory older than 0.80?  I wouldn't expect those to even work anymore!  And versions older than 0.86 probably won't work with Bitcoin-Qt 0.8.0.

Please download the latest version of Armory from the website.  0.87.2 is the latest, and 0.88 will be released soon (hopefully!).

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
dimaz (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:29:34 PM

I downloaded all versions of armory and only versions 0.75 and 0.76 can launch all other versions windows stopped this program
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 09:33:29 PM

I downloaded all versions of armory and only versions 0.75 and 0.76 can launch all other versions windows stopped this program

What are your system specs?  Right now, online Armory is pretty intense, and a system with less than 4 GB is probably not going to do very well.   This will be fixed in the next couple weeks, I believe.

Can try the latest version again.  Try running it.  Then try running it in offline mode (there's a launcher with "(Offline)" installed in the Start->Applications->Armory menu).  If it opens in offline mode, please use File->Export Log File.   And email or PM me the log file.  If you can't even open it in offline mode... then something is really out of whack.  You'd have to grab the logfile directly from C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Armory\armorylog.txt. 

Sorry you're having such a bad experience!  Hopefully I can figure out what went wrong!
-Alan

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
dimaz (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:36:18 PM

Windows 7 Pro, 16 gb ram, 3600 amd cpu
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Windows 7 Pro, 16 gb ram, 3600 amd cpu

That system shouldn't have any problems.  Are you sure you tried 0.87.2?  The only place you can even get version 0.76 (github) does not have the latest version.  Also, I recommend doing a full uninstall and maybe even remove the C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory directory, before reinstalling the latest.

Also, please try it in offline mode, too.  There's a launcher in the start menu for it.  It is extremely useful to know whether it works in offline mode, and you can easily get me a log file. 

Thanks for being patient!

dimaz (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:06:02 PM

I sent your PM
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 10:19:02 PM

There's two potential problems:

(1) Armory is not yet unicode-friendly.  Unfortunately, when I started developing Armory, I did not realize that there was stuff I needed to do to support unicode and multiple languages.  Since your system is in Russian, it's probably choking on some Russian unicode characters, or strange date formats.  I'm working on an epic new wallet format, which I have promised myself will be unicode-compatible. 

(2) It looks like there's a zombie Armory process running in the background.  Perhaps one of the older versions you tried using crashed, but never fully exited, and now is blocking Armory from opening.  Can you look in your process list and try to kill it?  Or maybe reboot?  I don't know if Armory will play nice with the Russian stuff, but you might at least get it to open.

dimaz (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:21:25 PM

I can open it in offline mode or only when i not connected to internet
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 10:26:52 PM

I can open it in offline mode or only when i not connected to internet

Can you please try rebooting?  The log file you sent looks like Armory might already be open even though you cannot see it.

dimaz (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:14:50 PM

No, I restarted computer and the same  windows stopped program
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:19:09 PM

No, I restarted computer and the same  windows stopped program

Thank you for being so patient.  If you could just do one more thing for me.  Email me a full copy of the log file.  It is in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Armory\armorylog.txt.  The unicode problem is preventing you from exporting it normally.  I really need to see the whole file.  

etotheipi@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: