Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happen with bitcoin after not mineable?  (Read 5661 times)
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:31:13 AM

We all know that as soon as the mines ends the fees will be the way to keep the hash around bitcoin, soo its expected a lot of transactions and high value at bitcoin at those time because of that.

Yeah you are right with it and because that bitcoin is not going to be mineable it is going to make the price of bitcoin higher. Why? Because the supply is going to be limited and if it reaches 21 million for sure many people are going to crave to get a lot of bitcoins out of that demand that is going to make the price increase.
those are wild speculations and you can argue for both sides or even for more sides. the best part is, that you can do it for the next hundred years, if bitcoin is still around, and then find out who was right. and if bitcoin fails you can speculate even longer what could have been. all we can say know is, that the miners will mine not for new coins but for the mining fee.

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:16:59 AM

what happen with bitcoin after not mineable?
miner will stop his mining activity ? then how to make bitcoin network strongest ?
and how about the price of bitcoin ?

If there isn't any miner mining then it means that the network will be shut down or on the idle mode, no transaction can be confirmed.

How can a Hero Member say that?
They will still earn money because of the fees and of course the fees will be more higher in the future, so it pays off the halving difference...

People didn't understand me, or I wasn't able to write exactly what I wanted to say, I know that they earn from the transaction fees but my concern was that if there is block mined means that the number unconfirmed transaction will become a mess.
Exactly, I got your point,dude. Because the miners are always confirming every transaction are running onto the blockchain, and a lot of the transaction of I think all of the transaction will not get a confirmatio

Why a lot of transactions will not be confirmed?
Well, nowadays if you put a very small fee, it will never be confirmed... In the future we will just need to put a higher fee, if the number of transactions increase, of course...

Help me here please because somehow I do not get it:
I miner gets the fee when he is the first who confirms a transaction. Nobody else does.
A transaction is confirmed when it is written into a new block.
When all the blocks are mined, how should a new one be found? I don't see how transactions can be confirmed in that situation. And how would a miner could get any fees then?

It's me!!!
Grobogan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:04:48 AM

Help me here please because somehow I do not get it:
I miner gets the fee when he is the first who confirms a transaction. Nobody else does.
A transaction is confirmed when it is written into a new block.
When all the blocks are mined, how should a new one be found? I don't see how transactions can be confirmed in that situation. And how would a miner could get any fees then?
Should we not too worried about your oppinion, before the mining bitcoin runs out, it may be the price of the bitcoin has reached 1 million dollars, and with only 5 btc already suffice our requirements to death and we can travel around the world, so let us collect as many bitcoin.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 11:06:24 AM

When all the blocks are mined, how should a new one be found?

Miners can always mine blocks, even after the block reward becomes zero. The number of blocks that can be mined is not limited - what is limited is just the number of blocks with rewards.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:02:51 PM

Miners can always mine blocks, even after the block reward becomes zero. The number of blocks that can be mined is not limited - what is limited is just the number of blocks with rewards.

Exactly; the protocol will be the same. A transaction is only confirmed when it is included in a block and verified by the network. Technically, mining will never end because it represents the network ability to verify and maintain the bitcoin blockchain database.

However, there is something that still puzzles me. For now, the protocol says that new coins are created, but who get's the fees? where are they going? I've always thought that the fees were gathered to represent the new coins issued? But am I right about this?
Kashim

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:08:26 PM

since bitcoin isnt energy efficient it wont survive. i give bitcoin another 2-5years
other coins like "burstcoin" are energy friendly so they will take the lead.

just my toughts
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:17:44 PM

thanks for the clarification ,since there wont be any rewards after that will the miners keep on mining ,i really do not think they will keep on mining because of the space and electricity involved in the process,with a small group of miners by that time the transaction time increases right
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:22:23 PM

since bitcoin isnt energy efficient it wont survive. i give bitcoin another 2-5years
other coins like "burstcoin" are energy friendly so they will take the lead.

just my toughts

Lol. Wow.... How do you actually function in the real world with that brain of yours ? So you saying abnks are mor energy efficienct ? Get an education bro.

what happen with bitcoin after not mineable?
miner will stop his mining activity ? then how to make bitcoin network strongest ?
and how about the price of bitcoin ?

None of is will be alive then so who cares ??
When all bitcoin are mined we will still have miners otherwise how will the transactions go through ? There will always be miners. Learn how bitcoin works before asking questions like this please.
CoolJakeB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:50:15 PM

I believe that when Bitcoin will not be mineable anymore (many years from now), the value of Bitcoin will still continue to be strong as long as the demand and interest is still there. While there will not be any new Bitcoins being put into the marketplace (the supply will be finished), the demand for people to purchase the coins will tell how long the cryptocurrency will last for. The only way that Bitcoin will fade is if people's interest in cryptocurrency fades and people move on to the next big thing.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:04:07 PM

Bitcoin will always be mineable. In case nobody keeps their interest in mining, I guess Bitcoin will come to an end. Mining is, in my opinion, the fundamental thing that keeps Bitcoin up. Mining requires buying new rigs every X months, which mean new investments. To have a constant profit, you need a higher Bitcoin price as the rigs will keep increasing in costs.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:00:02 PM

What will be interesting is how many miners keep their equipment mining BTC at this point and how many switch miners off/ to another coin,
and the effect it has on the network, confirmation times etc.
I'm not sure I've seen any information on the predicted effect this will have.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:27:34 PM

Bitcoin will always be mineable. In case nobody keeps their interest in mining, I guess Bitcoin will come to an end. Mining is, in my opinion, the fundamental thing that keeps Bitcoin up. Mining requires buying new rigs every X months, which mean new investments. To have a constant profit, you need a higher Bitcoin price as the rigs will keep increasing in costs.
A lot of people thinks that having no miners will not put bitcoin to an end. It's actually the other way around. Bitcoin has been put to an end by 'something' that's why there's no more miners.

What will be interesting is how many miners keep their equipment mining BTC at this point and how many switch miners off/ to another coin,
That's far away from today to be worried about. Just like the old saying, "We'll cross the bridge when we get there." People worry about things that will happen in the future most of the time. But to give you a heads-up, the confirmation time will be slow at that point and then go back to normal in the next difficulty adjustment period. When we're almost at that point, you'd see discussions about that topic in this place more often.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:43:40 PM

A lot of people thinks that having no miners will not put bitcoin to an end. It's actually the other way around. Bitcoin has been put to an end by 'something' that's why there's no more miners.

That's far away from today to be worried about. Just like the old saying, "We'll cross the bridge when we get there." People worry about things that will happen in the future most of the time. But to give you a heads-up, the confirmation time will be slow at that point and then go back to normal in the next difficulty adjustment period. When we're almost at that point, you'd see discussions about that topic in this place more often.
Just like people were almost spinning on their heads over millennium bug but it came and the sky did not fall. With bitcoin though, at the point that all bitcoin would have been mined, that would automatically make bitcoin a scares commodity and no one needs any telling, what happens when something valuable becomes scares.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:53:48 PM

The price of bitcoin when the mine process ends should be around  1500-3000 dollars i di believe, the hash its what makes bitcoin be safe soo in those time we should keep the hash with the fees from transactions.
Chronobank

Activity: 1081
Merit: 251

Formerly known as Chronobank, now Chrono.tech

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 04:25:46 PM

During 7 years of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency development there have been many algorithms and many programming languages were used. So I think that with the advent of new cryptographic algorithm will be developed a variety of ways to solve problems for each time.

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:30:43 PM

One thing im sure of when the bitcoin block reward become zero, miners still have tx fees to mine.  So their effort wont be wasted.  I bet by that time, a tx fee can secure the profit and maintenance of every bitcoin miner in the world.  This means bitcoin price is really high. Anyway that will be far in the future so lets keep focus on the current events of bitcoin.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
marleybobthedog

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:40:58 PM

The day when bitcoin mining will end is not very far because already more than 15 million out of 21 million bitcoin is mined and hardly arou d 5 to 6 million bitcoins are left for minin. But when mining will end then we will have more competition in bitcoin world and we will have Satoshi as a unit for transaction.
Greenenergy

Activity: 441

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:21:13 PM

First, it will be in a very long time. Second, the transaction fees will have replaced the block reward for a long time !
maydna

Activity: 2954
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:24:03 AM

the supply and demand will not be balance and this can cause the price will be high than we can imagine. but it will not happen in 50 years from now, it need too long before we can see this happen or maybe we all already died before we see this happen.

i think the fee will be act like as bitcoin that ready to mine and we still can mining bitcoin but the reward to get one block is really small and its really need super hardware to mining bitcoin. geez i don't want to imagine what will happen with this situation, i prefer to enjoy what will happen today.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1506

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:36:50 PM

After 2023, once the bitcoin will be stopped from mining, then bitcoin will become more exclusive and rare coin, increasing its price to a higher level ever seen. Even as on date, only 1-2% of total bitcoin users are miners and not more because of the mining difficulty.

So the mining stop will push the price of bitcoin to an uncharted territory never seen before. However, I came to know that the bitcoin core committee is now thinking to increase the life of bitcoin so that it can be mined even after 2023, but not sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: