Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:25:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for blockchain substitute for online gambling  (Read 384 times)
mikeyd6767 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:56:43 PM

Hello. I have been browsing through this subforum and cannot come up with a conclusive answer. I do alot of online gambling (mostly poker). Blockchain is the e-wallet I have been using, but they have been down alot in the last couple days. I send money from coinbase > blockchain > gambling website so that coinbase doesn't see that I am funding an illegal gambling website. Is there any other good alternatives to blockchain?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 04:34:28 PM

If you are buying and using large amounts of Bitcoin, you should absolutely not use an online wallet like Blockchain.info. These wallets can be compromised, and if this is the case, you can say goodbye to any Bitcoin you hold there. For example, Blockchain's DNS settings were changed to an unknown server just today.

I would suggest that you use a Desktop wallet that you have full control over and keep it secure with a long, random password. You can see a list of these wallets here by clicking on the 'Desktop' drop-down and selecting your Operating System. Personally, I can recommend Multibit or Electrum for general use.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 08:25:04 PM

If you want to send bitcoins to gambling sites, I recommend to not use Coinbase or Xapo. If you want to use online wallet, you can try Blocktrail.com or Block.io. These wallets are not very popular, but have good reputation.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:57:39 AM

I think electrum as a web wallet can be good option for you and if you like to hide your transaction of being used to do gambling from coinbase you can use some well reputed mixing services like bitmixer and cryptomixer to mix your coins while sending from coinbase to electrum or other web wallets.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:59:18 AM

I think electrum as a web wallet

a web wallet (just like its name) is a wallet that is on the web. in other words wallets that have a website like blockchain.info coinbase.com xapo,....
electrum and wallets like that are called desktop wallets.

you can use some well reputed mixing services like bitmixer and cryptomixer to mix your coins while sending from coinbase to electrum or other web wallets.

I doubt that this is really necessary. you are not doing anything illegal while playing on gambling sites. the only problem with coinbase is that they say you can not use our wallet to gamble so direct deposit and withdrawals will be problematic.

Only Bitcoin
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:36:53 PM

Hello. I have been browsing through this subforum and cannot come up with a conclusive answer. I do alot of online gambling (mostly poker). Blockchain is the e-wallet I have been using, but they have been down alot in the last couple days. I send money from coinbase > blockchain > gambling website so that coinbase doesn't see that I am funding an illegal gambling website. Is there any other good alternatives to blockchain?
You can use desktop wallet or other online wallet but never using xapo and coinbase because they are not allowed they user to playing gamble.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:56:06 PM

You can use independent desktop wallets such as Multibit Classic which in the beginning has only a single wallet (but you can create as much as you like) or Electrum which uses 1 wallet with a lot of addresses (again here you can add as much wallets as you like too). These are independents wallets and you can deposit to any poker site you play and also withdraw from that site to these wallets.

You can find them on their official websites.
www.electrum.org
www.multibit.org

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 07:38:14 AM

Yes. Just use a Desktop wallet like Electrum. It'll be safer overall.

But if you don't want to download one and you'll just use it to pass your coins through,
xapo is also okay. It's what I use when there are issues with blockchain.

Anyway, it's just so coinbase doesn't detect that your funds come directly from a gambling site.
You could even just cycle it through another exchange as an added precaution.

gambling site -> xapo -> blockchain -> coinbase -> local exchange

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████