Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 09:51:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Mining Litecoins with my 7770  (Read 675 times)
fussyqbert

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

I finally decided to start researching bitcoins/alternate currencies and I'm now punching myself for not doing so 2 years ago. After a bit of research, it seems that the future of GPU mining may be headed to litecoins, so I decided to start there.

I downloaded the litecoin wallet and reaper. I started with burnside's pool and also tried notroll's pool. On both, I started out around 100kH/s... and then drops steadily to ~1.000kH/s and seems to still be dropping. I followed the recommended settings from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0

The only thing I havn't looked at is my cards core:memory ratio, which it recommended a ratio of .7. Would this have this type of effect on mining?

Any insight/help is appreciated. I can attach screenshots if you would like.
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theFed

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:18:38 PM

I have the same video card.  I'm no expert as I just started mining LTC 1 month ago, but I typically get 140 kH/s on intensity 12, which allows me to use my computer while mining. I've heard of people maxing out this card around 200 kH/s, but I haven't tried.

Go ahead and post some screen shots and I'll see if I can help.
fussyqbert

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:37:04 AM

I have the same video card.  I'm no expert as I just started mining LTC 1 month ago, but I typically get 140 kH/s on intensity 12, which allows me to use my computer while mining. I've heard of people maxing out this card around 200 kH/s, but I haven't tried.

I think it could have something to do with my driver. Whenever I start reaper, my display driver crashes and recovers, but then my kH/s plumits. I'm on 13.1.

I changed the clock speed so that it is about a .7 ratio but it didn't seem to help. Also, I'm not sure if my graphics card is actually being utilized fully. I have a Gigabyte card and when I open OC_GURU (their afterburner) on the monitor it says GPU 300 MHz and Memory 150 MHz. So maybe it isn't scaling up the GPU?

I also looked in CCC and my GPU OverDrive is enabled. Could this interfere with anything?

EDIT
aha! I think the GPU OverDrive wasn't activating since I was on Balanced instead of High Performance (windows thing). Will report back!
fussyqbert

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:27:00 AM

I have the same video card.  I'm no expert as I just started mining LTC 1 month ago, but I typically get 140 kH/s on intensity 12, which allows me to use my computer while mining. I've heard of people maxing out this card around 200 kH/s, but I haven't tried.

I got everything figured out! Thanks for the support!

A quick question since you run the same card, how hot does your card run while mining? Mine got to about 95C which I thought was extremely hot.
theFed

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:54:21 AM

I got everything figured out! Thanks for the support!

A quick question since you run the same card, how hot does your card run while mining? Mine got to about 95C which I thought was extremely hot.
My temp hovers around 70-75C.  I'm on 12.8, not sure if that has anything to do with it.  I agree 95C is too hot.  You should try to keep it under 85C if at all possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.