Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freelance, Contracting, Career, Staffing  (Read 708 times)
vleroybrown (OP)

Activity: 1141
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:47:27 PM

With the current state of the job market / economy globally a solid talent marketplace would benefit from the strengths of Bitcoins low transfer costs.   As Bitcoin exchanges becomes more accessible internationally this will certainly take shape.  The lowest common denominator should always be the core basis for an information database platform, and in this case I would say it is the work requests.  Exchanging talents for Bitcoin focused requests seem to be limited currently to forums.  Anyone know of a professionals p2p exchange yet?     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sedeki

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:33:09 AM

There is http://www.bitcoinjobs.com

But I would want to see something like peopleperhour.com but for bitcoins.
Might be interested in building that together with someone.

Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:39:43 AM

With the current state of the job market / economy globally a solid talent marketplace would benefit from the strengths of Bitcoins low transfer costs.   As Bitcoin exchanges becomes more accessible internationally this will certainly take shape.  The lowest common denominator should always be the core basis for an information database platform, and in this case I would say it is the work requests.  Exchanging talents for Bitcoin focused requests seem to be limited currently to forums.  Anyone know of a professionals p2p exchange yet?     
I've been toying with the idea of a bitcoin social/magazine network of sorts. An e-mag for covering all bitcoin topics mixed with a robust social networking/forum platform so communities can grow naturally around it. I could definitely see a launch community being something where you make yourself a work profile and people can search for professionals for hire. You guys think you would use something like this? Swing by to get the latest BTC news from around the world in one place/get your facebook/elance/craigstlist on with other likeminded Bitcoiners? I already have a prototype of this in the works and if I thought there was interest I could step up production.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
sedeki

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:45:24 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 02:56:07 AM by sedeki

Although I see the thinking in mixing social networking with service offerings, I think that it would (at least to me) be annoying to see "unrelated" stuff mixed in with the job feed.

But I think you should step up production definitely.
Bitcoinjobs.com which I posted earlier seems to be managed manually.

There ought to be a system for this. :-)

EDIT: Also, I've noticed around in bitcoin circles, people set up "bounties" quite regularly. The site might want to facilitate that as well.
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:55:19 AM

Although I see the thinking in mixing social networking with service offerings, I think that it would (at least to me) be annoying to see "unrelated" stuff mixed in with the job feed.

Well they wouldn't be mixed so much as the site with the btc news would have registration and from there branch off into the social network/forum. So far as the magazine "front page" element is concerned accounts would just be identifiers for conversing in comments and what not.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
sedeki

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:59:37 AM

Well they wouldn't be mixed so much as the site with the btc news would have registration and from there branch off into the social network/forum. So far as the magazine "front page" element is concerned accounts would just be identifiers for conversing in comments and what not.
Yeah sure. But I think there is a real problem in bringing in the content to a news site. No one wants to see a news section dead.
I think the more reasonable way to go about this is first delivering a service that people actually use, say a marketplace for services.
Then, as more and more people hopefully join it, a natural step is to organically grow a news section or something other.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 03:01:10 AM

Guys CIYAM Open (http://ciyam.org/open) has been designed specifically to provide a more professional (i.e. not bounties) approach to working online for BTC (task specific and with only one person working on a task with a pre-allocated BTC amount for each task).

The site is awaiting some redesign work and a facelift before it gets re-launched - if you guys want to be involved you are welcome to PM me.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
sedeki

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:09:02 AM

Guys CIYAM Open (http://ciyam.org/open) has been designed specifically to provide a more professional (i.e. not bounties) approach to working online for BTC (task specific and with only one person working on a task with a pre-allocated BTC amount for each task).

The site is awaiting some redesign work and a facelift before it gets re-launched - if you guys want to be involved you are welcome to PM me.

Nice work!  Smiley

It seems to be specifically targeted towards programmers?
And also, to join this project one would have to learn your particular C++ framework, correct?

I'm curious. Why did you begin develop a C++ web app framework?
And also, what does the name CIYAM stand for?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 03:31:35 AM

Nice work!  Smiley

Thanks.

It seems to be specifically targeted towards programmers?
And also, to join this project one would have to learn your particular C++ framework, correct?

For the CIYAM project itself (which *is* the framework) it is indeed mostly targeted at programmers but we are now working on bringing in designers and graphic artists.

You would only need to learn my framework if you wanted to work on the CIYAM project (other projects have already been created and more will be coming soon).

I'm curious. Why did you begin develop a C++ web app framework?
And also, what does the name CIYAM stand for?

Basically I wanted to develop something that is much more secure than what is generally being used and also I just didn't want to bother with scripting languages. Cheesy

(as for what CIYAM stands for - that might be the subject of a competition)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
btcworkers

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:47:25 AM

BTCworkers provides such a marketplace for BTC based exchanges.
vleroybrown (OP)

Activity: 1141
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:00:12 AM

That is exactly how I see money, the original social networking site.  In its purest form money is the only reason we have to even have a social life once the basics of nessecities of life are met.  Everything we acquire from it, is what makes us who we are as a member of the society.  There should be a facebook of Bitcoin believers who can see who they are in relation to what they are doing with Bitcoin. Cool   

EDIT: Also, I've noticed around in bitcoin circles, people set up "bounties" quite regularly. The site might want to facilitate that as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: