Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:40:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Mortgage company that accepts BTC for payment  (Read 1129 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:49:26 PM

There are many mortgage companies out there, not necessarily banks just mortgage brokers.

There is no reason they could not accept bitcoins via BitPay for payment.

I would switch my mortgage over to a company willing to do that. (if the rates are reasonable)

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:55:23 PM

I hope you find one. I always like it when I see people selling things like cars or property for bitcoins. It does a lot to publicize bitcoins in a positive light. If a company as "mainstream" as a mortgage company accepted bitcoins it would help to further legitimize them and move away from the stigma people have associated with bitcoins and drugs (Silk Road), money laundering and tax evasion. Good luck.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:40:14 AM

There are many mortgage companies out there, not necessarily banks just mortgage brokers.

I would switch my mortgage over to a company willing to do that. (if the rates are reasonable)

Ask to become a Bitpay Integration partner and sign them up yourself, then you get commission everytime you pay your own mortgage
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 10:54:42 PM

Ask to become a Bitpay Integration partner and sign them up yourself, then you get commission everytime you pay your own mortgage

I have not heard of this...I like this concept.

I cannot access their page at work, is this something you can sign up for on their website?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

I have not heard of this...I like this concept.

I cannot access their page at work, is this something you can sign up for on their website?

Yes there's a contact page on there to sign up. However bitpay charges 0.99% fee so your mortgage would cost extra money. I believe you get 0.33% of their 0.99% fee for commission, so it total you would pay an extra 0.66% for your mortgage which is probably still cheaper than selling on MtGox, withdrawing to bank and then paying. You could also just ask your mortgage companies to accept Dwolla, and become official Dwolla affiliate or something. Then withdraw Gox->Dwolla if they still offer that

Maybe one day mortgage lenders will accept bitcoins directly no fee hopefully
Tonko

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:30:30 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-08/nyc-property-owner-now-accepting-bitcoins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: