Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 09:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with my formely locked account  (Read 532 times)
ja23 (OP)

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:48:05 AM

Apparently, all Bitcointalk users had to change their passwords back in May 24, 2015.

I was gone for a while, and when I tried to log in, my account was locked. I couldn't even view the website unless I cleared my browser.

On October 2nd I sent an email to a mod, because I had staked an alt coin, and signed it with the current date in order to get it back. It was absolute proof that I was the owner. But I never heard back, so assumed that my request wasn't granted because it was an alt coin. NXT.

Today I was browsing through my 2015 cell phone photos, and one of the pictures was of my computer screen showing my changed BTC talk address, last updated May 25, 2015. It was such s surprised, and I quickly tried to log in with that password.

I tried logging in with that password, and this time it didn't lock me out of the website, and took me to the wrong password screen. Very positive. It didn't lock me out.

So I clicked on the reset password, put in my user name to reset it from my email, but instead got this message, "Sorry, this account has not yet been approved. If you need to change your email address please click here."

Clicking here takes me to a page and it says that I'm not allowed there.

I checked my profile page, and it said that last activity was October 2, 2016. Which means that a mod must have unlocked it.

But what can I do about my account no being approved?
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:22:35 AM

go to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and do like that thread say. Not sure if a mod can access/unlocked your account except Global moderators or Admins.
ja23 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:13:48 AM

go to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and do like that thread say. Not sure if a mod can access/unlocked your account except Global moderators or Admins.

I originally went to that page, and sent the PM. And my profile is now unlocked. The only problem is that it's saying that my account needs to be approved before I can reset my password with my email address.

I created this thread because I'm afraid of bothering the mods, since it says not to contact them again if they haven't responded.

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:31:52 AM

I originally went to that page, and sent the PM. And my profile is now unlocked. The only problem is that it's saying that my account needs to be approved before I can reset my password with my email address.

I created this thread because I'm afraid of bothering the mods, since it says not to contact them again if they haven't responded.

As torry28 mentioned mods cannot do anything regarding this situation.

Did you PM Theymos, BadBear and Cyrus?
ja23 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:25:09 PM

As torry28 mentioned mods cannot do anything regarding this situation.

Did you PM Theymos, BadBear and Cyrus?

They can't approve accounts?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1311

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:54:11 PM

1.Restoring accounts is one of the least priorities of the admins.

2.Which mod did you link-up with your staked altcoin address ? Never heard back from him ?

3.Mind linking to the account you're talking about ?
ja23 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:21:34 PM

1.Restoring accounts is one of the least priorities of the admins.

2.Which mod did you link-up with your staked altcoin address ? Never heard back from him ?

3.Mind linking to the account you're talking about ?

1. They seemed to unlock it. As in I can continue browsing the website after attempting to log in.

2. I contacted theymos. I didn't hear back from him. On this page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 he says that if he going to recover an account, he's not going to write back. So I assumed not writing back meant that. But then I saw that there was activity on Oct 2 and then I wasn't getting locked out when attempting to log in.

3. The other account is j23a.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: