Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitwatch.tk - watch & chat (bitcoinity charts + IRC)  (Read 1207 times)
T-rage_11 (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

www.btcaudio.eu || LIVE-AUDIO-TICKER

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 12:12:52 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 10:52:03 PM by T-rage_11

I made a simple but useful site: www.bitwatch.tk  Smiley

It displays bitcoinity-charts and freenode IRC, so you can chat and watch the charts.

FULL HD (1080p) recommended  Wink

Thoughts? Comments?  Grin
Keep in mind that I am a noob-programmer with no skillz.

Changelog:

Added: Twitter News Ticker Feed @bitcoinnews
Added: Enable/Disable IRC

Added: Resizable IRC (adjust width on the left side of the IRC-window)
Changed: Twitter News Ticker Feed to @BTCNews247
Changed: Twitter News Ticker Feed font-size for bitwatch.tk and /noirc

Added: backup-domain www.bitwatch2.tk

Bitcoin Donation: 1337WiNsz5zEnjCUtpvfGaztJqLe5Wxge2
www.btcaudio.eu - LIVE-AUDIO-TICKER
www.t-rage11.bplaced.net - watch & chat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nitrous

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:28:14 AM

It doesn't matter if you are a 'noob-programmer with no skillz', that still doesn't exempt you from plagiarising others who aren't noobs and who do have skill. Worst of all is that you have intentionally hidden comboy's copyright notice (author of http://bitcoinity.org/markets), and his donation link, whilst substituting your own link instead. This is illegal.

You needed to ask comboy's permission before making this website public, and you most definitely need to make the iframe big enough for the copyright notice to still be visible, and make scrolling allowed (seriously, adding `scrolling="no"` is just awful, no one even has a chance to find his notice). Asking for donations for your 5 minutes of work whilst hiding his donation address for what must have been at least a few weeks of work is wrong (for those who are wondering, this is comboy's donation address: 1EWjHKPYGAJ3v5LnDyBo3Fn1PFsazBstqk)

I don't have a problem if you want to assemble your own tool to watch the markets and chat with people over IRC, but if you want other people to use it as well, you must respect other people and the law. If you make the iframe big enough, contact comboy, and thank everyone who provided the content and code you have used in your website, that will be fine.

EDIT

Sorry, I may have been a bit hasty, but it appears that his footer does not always appear in all resolutions. Perhaps if you just add a formal acknowledgement with your own contact information then that will be a lot better.

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
T-rage_11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

It doesn't matter if you are a 'noob-programmer with no skillz', that still doesn't exempt you from plagiarising others who aren't noobs and who do have skill. Worst of all is that you have intentionally hidden comboy's copyright notice (author of http://bitcoinity.org/markets), and his donation link, whilst substituting your own link instead. This is illegal.

You needed to ask comboy's permission before making this website public, and you most definitely need to make the iframe big enough for the copyright notice to still be visible, and make scrolling allowed (seriously, adding `scrolling="no"` is just awful, no one even has a chance to find his notice). Asking for donations for your 5 minutes of work whilst hiding his donation address for what must have been at least a few weeks of work is wrong (for those who are wondering, this is comboy's donation address: 1EWjHKPYGAJ3v5LnDyBo3Fn1PFsazBstqk)

I don't have a problem if you want to assemble your own tool to watch the markets and chat with people over IRC, but if you want other people to use it as well, you must respect other people and the law. If you make the iframe big enough, contact comboy, and thank everyone who provided the content and code you have used in your website, that will be fine.

EDIT

Sorry, I may have been a bit hasty, but it appears that his footer does not always appear in all resolutions. Perhaps if you just add a formal acknowledgement with your own contact information then that will be a lot better.

you are right.. I removed the donation adress and changed the text because it wasn't respectful Smiley

blksith0

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:19:25 PM

This is kinda nice, thanks. I would dedicate a bit more space to bitcoinity though. That's just me
nitrous

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:09:13 PM

you are right.. I removed the donation adress and changed the text because it wasn't respectful Smiley

Thanks. Sorry about the tone of my original message, it looked as if you were taking credit but it was just my lower resolution. I think this could actually be a useful tool for people Smiley

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
T-rage_11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:07:43 PM

Thanks. Sorry about the tone of my original message, it looked as if you were taking credit but it was just my lower resolution. I think this could actually be a useful tool for people Smiley

No problem. It's the "Mtgox trading engine lag"-box .. it pushes the last line down..

T-rage_11 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:54:57 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 10:55:09 PM by T-rage_11

Added: Resizable IRC (adjust width on the left side of the IRC-window)
Changed: Twitter News Ticker Feed to @BTCNews247
Changed: Twitter News Ticker Feed font-size for bitwatch.tk and /noirc

hosterproblems:

"Servers under the DDOS attack
We're currently experiencing issues due to a DDoS attack targeting our servers. This is resulting in some of our customers sites being slow or even unavailable. Our admin team currently blocking attack source and server should back online shortly.

Please do not submit and tickets about this issue and do not increase our work load as we are fully dedicated in resolving this problem. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Added: backup-domain www.bitwatch2.tk

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: