Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:13:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power supply blown fuse  (Read 731 times)
Equality (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:54:13 AM

hey guys how ya'll doin? i blew a fuse in one of my power supplies and now i can't mine on my 4850 until my new power supply arrives. i think i will buy a new fuse to repair my old power supply. i've had it since 2004 when i built my first computer and it's been very good to me since then. it has been used hard almost 24/7 during most of this time. it's listed as either a 400w or a 450w power supply depending on the website. i think maybe it's 400w continuous and 450w maximum power supply. a 4850 requires a 450w power supply so i have been pushing it so hard. you can't even touch the outside of the case when you are mining or the metal will burn your hand because the power supply gets so hot. considering some of the capacitors are starting to bulge on this old power supply i will only use it on my 4670(which only requires a 400w power supply) from now on. the fuse stopped working when i recently removed it from the computer so i could install a larger power supply and test a new graphics i had just bought. so shaking may have had something to do with the fuse breaking but i think pushing it so hard probably didn't help. anyway i could go on telling my whole life story but i will stop with only telling the story of this old power supply. it's a good one with alot of sentimental value no doubt.

thanks for listening to my story
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: