Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:10:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainwallet.org  (Read 4735 times)
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:29:01 PM

Is there somewhere I can download a signed copy of the webpage to run offline?  I am skeptical of having to load it every time and not being technical enough to review the code.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:57:05 PM

Is there somewhere I can download a signed copy of the webpage to run offline?  I am skeptical of having to load it every time and not being technical enough to review the code.
I use bitaddress.org saved to my desktop and offline. I don't see why you can't do this with brainwallet.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:01:45 PM

[...]

here the source: https://github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.com

Did anybody take a look at it?
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 03:42:54 AM

This is a really great tool.

Is the "transactions" tab supposed to be usable in offline (airwalled) mode?

I sort of expected to be able to:

1. Use the webpage on an internet-connected machine to grab the transaction history for my public key
2. Use a USB stick to transfer the JSON-encoded tx history to my airwalled machine
3. Enter the JSON-encoded tx history and private key on the airwalled machine
4. Sign the transaction

Unfortunately #4 didn't work.  Despite filling all the boxes, the "source address" field stays blank and clicking "sign" doesn't cause anything to appear in the "JSON transaction" box.  Also the UI is unusually laggy on that tab, which makes me think it's polling in the background or something.

Is the JS written with the expectation that the "transaction history" box will be populated by querying blockchain.info or blockexplorer?  If so, is there any chance it could be adjusted for airwalled mode?

Thanks, it's been ages since I wrote any javascript code.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:56:41 AM

Unfortunately I don't think that the tx part has been designed to work properly offline (at least I had no luck with it when I tried) but assuming you can get it to properly handle the manual entry of the UTXO information (rather than having it read it from blockchain.info) then it should be able to work.

As far as the lag goes it does run a bunch of .js after every keystroke although the event to do this fires after a delay (you could try playing with that).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
happygeorge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:27:47 AM

I just checked to see if the Brainwallet js I downloaded from github a few weeks ago still matches results given by the brainwallet.org site

THEY DON'T MATCH!!!

This is scary because I generated my super secret VAULT addresses offline,and if they can't be recreated without my saved zip version, that sucks!

The core of the code shouldn't change with time should it... do i understand this wrong?

[the current github files generate the same codes as the website!]

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 08:16:13 AM

https://github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.com/commit/aeee13c8d151e23a50c29e034bc8622df0795108

The default was uncompressed, now it is compressed. Just click the other button.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: